1081 users online (223 members and 858 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

CA - David Eugene Brewer, 31, San Jose, 2005

I found this case on the Charley Project and the circumstances of his disappearance are very strange. Has anyone got more info on David?

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/b/brewer_david.html

Missing Since: October 31, 2005 from San Jose, California
    Classification: Endangered Missing
    Date of Birth:
    February 23, 1974
    Height and Weight: 6'0, 140 - 160 pounds
    Distinguishing Characteristics: Black hair, brown eyes. Brewer is of Hispanic descent. At the time of his disappearance, he had a one-and-a-half inch cut with stitches above his right eyebrow.
    Clothing Description: Jeans and a gray and white speckled hooded poncho.
    Medical Conditions: Brewer has a history of drug and alcohol abuse. He completed a rehabilitation program prior to his disappearance.

http://www.charleyproject.org/banners/bar.jpg

Details of Disappearance

Brewer was last seen at the San JoseAirport in San Jose, California on October 31, 2005. His own cellular phone was broken, so two strangers lent him their phones to speak to his mother in Kauai, Hawaii; he also spoke to her with a courtesy phone. He was planning to fly to Hawaii to live. Brewer had a 9:00 a.m. flight but his mother asked him to book a new one for the following day. He agreed to stay in the airport until she called for him again. Brewer never spoke to his mother again and never checked in for his flight.

Brewer's luggage was later found curbside, outside of Terminal A. The luggage contained his clothing, laptop computer and wallet. Airport surveillance cameras do not show Brewer leaving the building, but investigators believe he was picked up by someone. Prior to his disappearance, Brewer had promised to send a postcard to one of his friends. A postcard with a
    Hawaii postmark arrived at her mailbox on November 5, but it had no message and no signature and authorities were unable to lift any fingerprints off of it. The circumstances surrounding Brewer's disappearance remain unclear. His case is unsolved.

It sounds like one more of those amnesia cases to me. The guy was under mental stess -- he just got out of rehab, he had been in a fight with someone, he was moving thousands and thousands of miles. And then he vanishes -- I think he'd be a good candidate for Project Jason's Come Home program.

I am in contact with his mom. I'm not sure his mother is convinvced he is homeless, although anything is possible when it comes to mental illness issues.

I received word from David's mom that he has been found dead. They do not know what has happened at this point. Please pray for his mother. Thank you.

Kelly Please send our prayers his mothers way. It is so awful to have people doubt what you know in your heart. I wish this had another outcome.

That poor family. My prayers and throughs are with them.

Until we find out what happened, here are two articles on his disappearance:
    http://www.whatsgayinsanjose.com/ind...e=print&sid=69
    http://www.airportbusiness.com/artic...tion=5&id=5768

What a very sad and strange case!! Prayers to his family!
    Linette

Poor guy. At least his mom can bury him now...sigh. I will post his case as resolved on my site.

any word on what happened to him? I just don't get the part about the postcard his friend found in her mailbox...

his flight was scheduled for 0ct.31, but he missed it, so he had to take the next flight, which was Nov 1. The postcard that was sent to the friend was postmarked Nov.5, which obviously means he made it to hawaii...

why didn't he take his luggage and stuff?

was this a pre-planned suicide and that was his way of telling them bye?

Did he get back into drugs and overdose? If so, why didn't he bring his luggage back with him to Hawaii?

Quote Originally Posted by jodierenee
    any word on what happened to him? I just don't get the part about the postcard his friend found in her mailbox...

his flight was scheduled for 0ct.31, but he missed it, so he had to take the next flight, which was Nov 1. The postcard that was sent to the friend was postmarked Nov.5, which obviously means he made it to hawaii...

why didn't he take his luggage and stuff?

was this a pre-planned suicide and that was his way of telling them bye?

Did he get back into drugs and overdose? If so, why didn't he bring his luggage back with him to Hawaii?
    Jodie,

I will try to say this as nicely as I can.

I think you are forgetting that this thread is in the support section. There is not one expression of sympathy in your post. Instead, you pose questions and insinuate some rather unpleasant things. I hope his mother does not read this. She is in a very fragile state.

Thinking of David's family during this terrible time. I hope he has found some peace.

Sending prayers to David's family and those who loved him.

New stories about David's death have been released, but still, there is nothing conclusive: http://www.truckingboards.com/trucki...2133#post32133

The place where he was found is about a mile from the actual airport. Wonder why he left the airport to begin with? There are food places in that area, but aren't there food places in all airports as well?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast