TN TN - Lucy Meadows, 3, Clarksville, 25 Jul 1996

LovelyPigeon

Former Member
Reaction score
I remember this case, but I couldn't find a thread anywhere with Lucy or Yong Meadows' name in it, so here's this revival:

Tuesday, 05/02/06
Witness may resolve 1996 case, police say

By CHRISTIAN BOTTORFF
Staff Writer

A witness has told police he has information about the 1996 disappearance of 3-year-old Lucy Meadows, telling for the first time that he saw the young girl in medical distress at her home the night before she was reportedly snatched from RiverGate Mall, Goodlettsville police said.

The witness, whose name was not released, told police he saw Lucy on the floor of her parents' Clarksville home, and she looked as if she could have been dead, according to Goodlettsville police Lt. Harry Bell.--->>

The new information is a twist on the story reported in 1996 by Lucy's mother, Yong Meadows. She told police that her daughter disappeared within seconds after she let Lucy out of the back seat of her car on the driver's side.

Meadows said she then went to the passenger side to retrieve some items. When she looked back for Lucy, the girl was gone, she has told police. Mall security was contacted and the area was searched.

Detectives have spent hundreds of hours tracking leads across the country, Bell said. Meadows has failed two polygraph examinations in past years, police have said. --->>

http://www.hendersonvillestarnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060502/NEWS03/605020352

Very interesting. This witness has passed polygraphs, but the mother has failed two. Maybe now there will be some answers.

I hope there will be some answers now... This little doll was adorable!!!

This story is just sick! This little sweetheart was lying on the floor and no one did anything to help her. If I saw a child I thought "looked dead" I would call 911 immediately. The fact that no one did sure makes me wonder what they did to her. I pray the people responsible get what is long overdue to them. Why didn't this witness come forward when this happened? I'm so angry about that!

dulcinea said:
If I saw a child I thought "looked dead" I would call 911 immediately.
Maybe it was another child that witnessed the event or it's aftermath. 10 years have gone by, a lot of time for either growing up or realizing what was really seen. Hopefully this will lead to an arrest and even finding the body of of little Lucy so she can be put to rest.

Local news reports say that the witness was 12 yrs old at the time.

Thanks kholloway, I figured it was another child, probably a sibling or relative. So sad.

But- the news link isn't working for me, says the article is no longer available.

It's not as encouraging as I first thought, since this witness came forward in November 2004, and still nothing has happened in Lucy's Meadow's case.

Wednesday, 05/03/06
Suspicions refocus in missing girls' cases
By GAIL KERR
Two pretty little girls disappeared without a trace, one a decade ago, one last week.

The cases are not connected, except in their similarities: both girls went missing with no evidence or clues. When all leads petered out, police in both cases are turning back to the families and friends of the children. They want to believe them, but those closest to the girls are under suspicion.

The decade-old mystery of missing 3-year-old Lucy Meadows may finally be solved after a family member came forward. The case of 2-year-old Analyce Guerra, who disappeared from her Smyrna home last week, has taken a similar turn.--->>

...Goodlettsville police Lt. Harry Bell...has spent the last 10 years of his life doggedly trying to find out what happened to Lucy. An unidentified witness came forward in November 2004 and gave a statement to police that may have the answer. The witness, who was 12 at the time, told police he saw the little girl, probably dead, at home the night before she supposedly was abducted. She was wrapped in a blanket, surrounded by panicked adults including her mother, the witness told police. The age of the witness matches that of Lucy's brother.
--->>

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060503/COLUMNIST0101/605030413/1092/NEWS

Here's more from another article

The case took a turn about a year and a half ago when a family member claimed Lucy never went to the mall.

"At home, he saw two other individuals standing over Lucy. Lucy was laying in the floor. Lucy had a blanket covering her,” Bell said.

The witness, who was 12 years old at the time, also told detectives that two family members had taken the child into the bathroom.

He heard someone ask for a Bible, and, the next thing you know, Lucy was lying on the floor.

In the latest interview with Lucy's mother, Jung Meadows, detectives said she declined to make a statement about the case.

Really strange, and mama's not talking. Sounds like LE knows what happened but can't prove anything yet. Hopefully this publicity will help.

I have had my doubts about this case for a long time. I did not want to say anything, but a kidnapping seemed logistically impossible, given the 10 to 15 second time frame an abductor had to work with. Plus I found some court documents relating to Lucy's parents' divorce that made me wonder. And now this witness.

I hope the truth will be uncovered soon.

It's just not encouraging that a witness came forward 18 months ago, yet nothing has changed in the status of the case.

I think there must be problems with the witness' testimony.

LovelyPigeon said:
It's just not encouraging that a witness came forward 18 months ago, yet nothing has changed in the status of the case.

I think there must be problems with the witness' testimony.
the witness was lucy meadows uncle, which at the time was 12 yrs old at the time. police don't have problems with his story at all. I think the delay here now is that autorities are waiting for the district attorney to do his thing. I feel the mother will be charged. this childs body was either placed in a dumpster, or possibley on property belonging to the person that was at their house the next morning when the little boy woke up. he claimed that the next morning when he woke up that there was a woman there, when he ask where his mom was, she said that she and lucy went shopping. so I feel that there are three adults that know what happened to this poor child. why would anyone want to keep quite to protect a murderer?

Possibly there was no murder at all. Or there was some act, but it was ambiguous that the other adults felt justified in not going to the police. For instance, if Lucy became ill and her mother did not realize what was wrong until it was too late, then she became afraid she would be blamed. Or Lucy was accidentally dropped or something.

The witness MIGHT HAVE BEEN Lucy's brother, not her uncle.

meggilyweggily said:
Possibly there was no murder at all. Or there was some act, but it was ambiguous that the other adults felt justified in not going to the police. For instance, if Lucy became ill and her mother did not realize what was wrong until it was too late, then she became afraid she would be blamed. Or Lucy was accidentally dropped or something.

The witness MIGHT HAVE BEEN Lucy's brother, not her uncle.
the witness was yong meadows little brother " yong meadows is lucys mom " that would make the witness a uncle. your post as it maybe not being a murder is possible, it may not have been intentional but what ever the problem was concerning the child it prompted the mom to first tell a clarksville mall securtiy gaurd that her child was missing, hours later and some 50 miles away, she tells a rivergate mall security gaurd the same story. so it could be possible that the child drowned in the tub or something of a sorts that made the mom feel she would face arrest charges otherwise. so she comes up with the abuduction theory. yong meadows has failed two lie detector test concerning what happened to her child. either way she knows what happened, as well as at least two more adults, one other for sure.

LovelyPigeon said:

Suspicions refocus in missing girls' cases
By GAIL KERR

...Goodlettsville police Lt. Harry Bell...has spent the last 10 years of his life doggedly trying to find out what happened to Lucy. An unidentified witness came forward in November 2004 and gave a statement to police that may have the answer. The witness, who was 12 at the time, told police he saw the little girl, probably dead, at home the night before she supposedly was abducted. She was wrapped in a blanket, surrounded by panicked adults including her mother, the witness told police. The age of the witness matches that of Lucy's brother.
--->>

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060503/COLUMNIST0101/605030413/1092/NEWS
LUCY'S brother. Not Yong's. As far as I know Yong's family lives in Korea where she was born.

If they can bring Casey anthony to trial , I hope that the police just take what they have to the prosecutor and he'll decide to at least take it to the grand jury to see if an indictment could be had. Poor little lamb.

Just visiting to bring Lucy's thread forward. She was mentioned tonight in a newscast about Morgan Jade Violi. Lucy has never been found, she is one of three young girls that went missing in the same month, the other being Jackie Beard whose murderer is now sitting on death row.

Below is a link of what Lucy could look like:

http://www.missingkids.com/poster/NCMC/821146

Charley Project says that authorities are attempting to start a grand jury investigation... I wonder what happened with that?
It really sounds like the mom knows what happened.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back