1054 users online (217 members and 837 guests)  

Websleuths News

Two More 'Sopranos' Actors Arrested

NEW YORK -- Two more cast members of "The Sopranos" are in trouble with the law.

Actor John Ventimiglia was arraigned Monday on charges including drunken driving and drug possession.

Police in New York said they saw him weaving in and out of traffic.

A criminal complaint said that when they pulled him over he had bloodshot eyes, slurred speech and he was carrying a bag with cocaine residue.

On the HBO mob drama, he plays chef Artie Bucco.

Louis Gross, who plays the bodyguard Perry, is facing charges of criminal mischief. A woman said he broke into her home last month.

story
    dec 2005 Sopranos cast member murder rap
    Lillo Brancato Jr., 29, and another man are being held for the murder of an off-duty New York City police officer Saturday, following a shootout that erupted during a break-in.

Officer Daniel Enchautegui, 28, returning to his Pelham Bay-area residence in the Bronx around 5 a.m. at the end of his shift, heard glass shattering next door.

After informing his landlord and calling 911 to report a possible burglary in progress and request backup, Enchategui confronted the suspects, one of whom, Steven Armento, 48, allegedly pulled a gun and opened fire.

The officer, a three-year veteran, sustained a gunshot wound to the chest. He managed to get off eight rounds, hitting Armento six times, in the abdomen, groin, left arm and three times in the right leg, and Brancato twice, in the chest and groin.

Enchategui died an hour later from his wounds, becoming the second New York City police officer killed in less than two weeks.

Brancato movie credits;
    Mambo Cafe (1999)
    Provocateur (1996)
    Crimson Tide (1995)
    Renaissance Man (1994)
    A Bronx Tale (1993)

What is that quote about art and life, it seems to fit the Soprano's TV actors, because didn't the actor who played the son also get into legal trouble some time ago also.

Quote Originally Posted by dark_shadows
    Two more cast members of "The Sopranos" are in trouble with the law...On the HBO mob drama, he plays chef Artie Bucco.
    Can you blame him? Poor Artie is definitely having his problems with his restaurant and all...

Quote Originally Posted by dark_shadows
    ...Louis Gross, who plays the bodyguard Perry, is facing charges of criminal mischief. A woman said he broke into her home last month.
    Is this the bodyguard that Tony beat the crap out of a couple of shows ago??

Artie, poor sweet Artie. Why is it that one of my favorites on the show turns out to be a coke-head? Dangit. I'll have to find another one.

Quote Originally Posted by nanandjim
    Can you blame him? Poor Artie is definitely having his problems with his restaurant and all...

Is this the bodyguard that Tony beat the crap out of a couple of shows ago??
    Yes, it's the body guard. And I think he "let" Tony win I know I would.

Quote Originally Posted by mssheila
    Artie, poor sweet Artie. Why is it that one of my favorites on the show turns out to be a coke-head? Dangit. I'll have to find another one.
    What? An actor uses cocaine?
    I'm shocked. Absolutely shocked, I tell you.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
    What? An actor uses cocaine?
    I'm shocked. Absolutely shocked, I tell you.
    It looks like these wise guys are living their characters lives!!

Quote Originally Posted by bakerprune64
    It looks like these wise guys are living their characters lives!!
    It is weird how so many of them have been arrested. Another character (I cant remember his name OR his role on the show) was arrested in the last year or so for shooting a cop. "AJ" was in some trouble for something.... Seems like they're a seedy bunch. But damn if I don't still LOVE that show.