1567 users online (350 members and 1217 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Plane crash

http://wjz.com/topstories/topstories...122211855.html My DH says that we will NEVER do anything because I will not fly, This is why!!! I know cars crash, But I am soooooo scared to fly.....

Quote Originally Posted by michelle
    http://wjz.com/topstories/topstories...122211855.html My DH says that we will NEVER do anything because I will not fly, This is why!!! I know cars crash, But I am soooooo scared to fly.....
    I know it's scary for alot of people but you actually have a higher chance of being in a car accident versus flying. I love flying. Especially take offs and landings.

Quote Originally Posted by kato
    I know it's scary for alot of people but you actually have a higher chance of being in a car accident versus flying. I love flying. Especially take offs and landings.
    I know but I am still a ......

Well take offs and landing are the usually the cause of a lot of accidents, because things can go wrong.

I much rather fly then drive, not as much traffic up in the sky then on the roads, no drunk drivers also.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberLaw
    I much rather fly then drive, not as much traffic up in the sky then on the roads, no drunk drivers also.
    That's not always the case.
    Life ain't always beautiful, but it's a beautiful ride.

My opinion!

Well I am too! I used to fly all the time, no more. As far as it being safer, I know the statistics show that it is, however, IMO, you have a FAR greater chance of surviving a car accident then you do a plane crash

Quote Originally Posted by kato
    Oh hell no! (sorry) I hate landings...white knuckles all the way down, and I hold my breath. Take off's I don't mind too much. My kids just sit there and stare at me when we land, in disbelief that mommy is actually afraid of something!

I use to fly all the time, then developed a fear years back. I hadn't flown in 10 years until last summer. We were one of the first to board since we had a small child.....I had tears running down my face as the other passengers were boarding. I told my dh I couldn't do it...I was trying to hide my fear from my kids. I knew though that I needed to get them on a plane or all 3 of them would develop my fears!!! Needless to say, we are boarding again soon to go the Carribean....I looked up the other day and saw the contrail of a plane and started to have a panic attack. I will do it only because it gets us somewhere absolutely beautiful...but I'd drive if we could...LOL!!!

On a side note yesterday when that Continental plane's landing gear was messed up a friend of mine called and her son was on a plane at the Houston airport waiting to take off, but they had to wait for the emergency landing of that other plane. Her son (he's 12 and was on a band trip) kept calling her from his cell phone as he sat on the plane watching out the window that plane in trouble circling the airport. My friend was a nervous wreck knowing her son was scared to take off after seeing all that.....thankfully that other plane landed safely.

I recently found out that my brother will not fly. This seems to be a new found anxiety. He has started having panic attacks in the last 6 or 8 years and now he tells me that he can't ever fly in a plane because he'll have a panic attack on the plane. I really am confused because he is such a macho guy, all full of himself and all. I would like to understand more about this fear of flying so that I could somehow put it in some sort of context that I can relate to my brother. Non-flyers, please help me try to understand....what is it that is scaring you about flying? Is it not being in control of the plane? Is it knowing that there's no way to get out, like claustrophobia or something? Is it feeling that the plane will crash? I really don't understand, but I want to.

I love the take offs on a plane.. I could do it over and over again.. WEEEEEEEE what a rush.. Landings I like because I'm almost at my destination.. I'd rather not fly but I won't pass up a trip because of it.. I don't like long flights.. 2 hours is ok, anything over that I get antsy... But most of my flights are over 2 hours

Planes fly all the time and it's rare for them to crash compared to car accidents.. But when there is a plane crash, it's usually fatal and not all car wrecks are..

This post is my opinion only, and is subject to making me look totally confused

Valium............................................ .................

I love taking off and used to be cool with landing, since you're getting closer and closer to the ground. But then my boyfriend, who always freaked out over landings, told me why. He reminded me a Delta crash at DFW in the 1980s, where the plane hit a wind shear and crashed on landing.

Now I'm nervous even though wind shear predictions are better now.

When a car crashes it is not guaranteed to fall 2,000 ft and hit the ground.

I am absolutely TERRIFIED of flying, but I LOVE to travel!
    How ironic.

My fear gets worse every year, but it was even bad when I was 18.
    Turbulence is the worst!!
    Justice for Jonbenet!

Quote Originally Posted by TheShadow
    I recently found out that my brother will not fly. This seems to be a new found anxiety. He has started having panic attacks in the last 6 or 8 years and now he tells me that he can't ever fly in a plane because he'll have a panic attack on the plane. I really am confused because he is such a macho guy, all full of himself and all. I would like to understand more about this fear of flying so that I could somehow put it in some sort of context that I can relate to my brother. Non-flyers, please help me try to understand....what is it that is scaring you about flying? Is it not being in control of the plane? Is it knowing that there's no way to get out, like claustrophobia or something? Is it feeling that the plane will crash? I really don't understand, but I want to.
    It is the knowing that there's no way out...claustrophobia...being trapped on a plane that is going to crash....exactly lol, you got it!

I have to talk to myself (in my head so noone thinks I'm mad ) the whole time whilst in the air....and try and concentrate on breathing properly.
    Over water is the worst, that's when I really start to panic!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast