Verdict in Moussaoui case to be heard at 4:30 p.m. Eastern

Jeana (DP)

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
The jury has reached a verdict in the sentencing trial of al Qaeda terrorist Zacarias Moussaoui -- the first U.S. criminal case arising from the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks. The verdict -- either death by lethal injection or life in prison -- will be announced at 4:30 p.m. ET. During the sentencing phase, jurors heard the voices of doomed World Trade Center office workers calling 911 for help and listened to the first public playing of the cockpit voice recorder of United Airlines Flight 93.

www.cnn.com

I hope they dont make this man a martyr by killing him. It's what he, and others like him, want. He shouldn't gain one inch of glory for his sick deeds.

I'm listening to live video feed on my computer at work and still haven't heard anything. Has it been read yet?

BhamMama said:
I hope they dont make this man a martyr by killing him. It's what he, and others like him, want. He shouldn't gain one inch of glory for his sick deeds.
I agree totally. Let him rot.

They're going o put him in a closet-sized cell with a bed, a toilet & a shower stall, where they don't have to take him out for anything but a hour's worth of exercise every week in a larger closet with no windows. He'll be in the deepest bowels of the tightest Federal supermax prison we have to offer. And I'm betting he will be allowed no mail, phone privileges, internet or telephone contact with anyone but his lawyer for the rest of his life. The only human contact will be the eyes of his guard through the slot in the door of his cell, and the guard will be under orders not to speak to him unless necessary. He will be forced to live in his head 24/7, and I don;t think he can take it. Odds are he'll kill himself within a year or two--or at least try it.

I didn't really keep up with this guy but I thought he was in prison at one time.. hum, I could be wrong. I was all for the DP but BillyGoats post sounds wonderful to me..

No virgins for him, I guess, and he won't get to be a martyr.

Jury did a good job; (wonder what he meant by we lost and he won?) He's borderline insane anyway.

Marthatex said:
No virgins for him, I guess, and he won't get to be a martyr.

Jury did a good job; (wonder what he meant by we lost and he won?) He's borderline insane anyway.
They're ALL borderline insane.
The more we catch the more apparent it becomes.

PaperDoll said:
I didn't really keep up with this guy but I thought he was in prison at one time.. hum, I could be wrong. I was all for the DP but BillyGoats post sounds wonderful to me..
he's been in prison, but not supermax. The sole purpose of supermax is to erase all existance of a prisoner from the face of the earth.

I honestly don't care where they put him as long as we never have to see or hear about him again.

JUDGE GETS LAST WORD:

Zacarias Moussaoui blasted the United States one last time, just before he was was formally sentenced to life in prison for his role in 9/11. But the judge got the final word. U.S. District Court Judge Leonie Brinkema responded, "You will die with a whimper," never allowed to speak publicly again.

www.cnn.com

Convicted Sept. 11 conspirator Zacarias Moussaoui says he lied on the witness stand about being involved in the plot and wants to withdraw his guilty plea because he now believes he can get a fair trial. In a motion filed Friday but released Monday, Moussaoui said he testified March 27 he was supposed to hijack a fifth plane on Sept. 11, 2001, and fly it into the White House "even though I knew that was a complete fabrication." :waitasec: :waitasec: :waitasec: :waitasec: :waitasec:

www.dallasnews.com

can someone explain this to me???

At sentencing, she told Moussaoui: "You do not have a right to appeal your convictions, as was explained to you when you plead guilty" in April 2005. "You waived that right."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer
Back