Identified! NE - Omaha, LIVING BlkMale Infant, May 2006 - Terrence Nelson

amom

Reaction score
Child Left With Stranger In North Omaha

Police Need Help Identifying Child

POSTED: 1:41 pm CDT May 3, 2006
UPDATED: 1:45 pm CDT May 3, 2006

Email This Story | Print This Story

OMAHA, Neb. -- Police are investigating an abandoned child who was left in north Omaha.

Omaha police said that at about 9 a.m. Wednesday, a woman got out of a car near the intersection of North 24th Street and Crown Point Avenue, stopped in front of a home and gave the child, a car seat and a diaper bag to a woman she didn't know. The woman then got into the car and drove off.

The woman who was handed the child called police. She reported that the woman who handed her the child was black, in her early 20s, with a long black ponytail. She was driving a maroon midsize vehicle.

----snip-----

http://www.ketv.com/news/9154622/detail.html

Prayers for this little guy, SUCH A CUTIE! At least he is with a loving family now though. If you look through the pictures of him you can see a tear rolling down his cheek..... *tears*

Poor little guy!

But at least she didn't kill him or throw him away, or drop him off in the streets. Thank G-d for small blessings.

I'm a little confused. Please correct me if I am wrong. A woman just gave her baby over to a stranger and then later turned herself in after she saw the baby on TV and on the Internet? I suppose she regretted her decision, but is this woman fit to have her child back? Thank goodness the stranger who received the child was a loving person and not some sort of pedophile or something.

When this was first posted they didn't know who the mother was.

She sounds a little off in the head to me.

Yeah, on the news a little while ago they wouldn't say if it was the mother that dropped the child off or if the mom will get him back, but they do have the mother in police custody for questioning.

I wonder if the baby was stolen from his mother and whoever stole him gave him away. Then the real mother saw his picture and called to say he was hers. Maybe the baby's father was supposed to have him and gave him away. The story was a little confusing.

update -
current story is either g-ma or mom dropped child off at wrong house, thought the house was a daycare..... hum.... g-ma came back in the afternoon frantically looking for the child... I think that still leaves a lot of questions.

amom said:
update -
current story is either g-ma or mom dropped child off at wrong house, thought the house was a daycare..... hum.... g-ma came back in the afternoon frantically looking for the child... I think that still leaves a lot of questions.
Actually, it makes sense to me. Very stupid mistake. The woman should have spoke up. Poor little guy.

Actually, it was a daycare, but not the right one:
http://www.ketv.com/news/9154622/detail.html

Mother, Child Reunited
Baby Going Home

The investigation revealed that the grandmother inadvertently dropped off the child at the incorrect address, which also happened to be a home daycare.

She was supposed to take the child to 6109 N. 24th St., instead she took him to 5109 N. 24th St.

The woman who received the child runs a daycare in her home, and she initially thought it was a child in her care. When she realized she didn't know the child, she called police.

The daycare operator told KETV NewsWatch 7 that the whole handoff happened in seconds. She did not want to be identified. She said that it started with a knock on her door. When she opened it, she saw a black female standing on her porch and holding a diaper bag. She said the woman handed it to her, then ran to a waiting car and returned holding a baby. The woman then handed the baby to her, ran back to the car, got in the front passenger side door and drove off.

As part of the arrangement, the County Attorney stipulates that the grandmother is never allowed to drop off the baby at daycare again.

No doubt! I'm glad this had a good ending. How scary!

Geez-and to think I always said hello to my daughters daycare provider-obviously I've been way too chatty-I'll just go with the thrust and run in the future.:doh:

beakiebean said:
Geez-and to think I always said hello to my daughters daycare provider-obviously I've been way too chatty-I'll just go with the thrust and run in the future.:doh:
LOL I was thinking the same thing.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
archangel78100