735 users online (73 members and 662 guests)  

Websleuths News

OH - Mom charged with driving son, 11, on hood of her car

http://www.daytondailynews.com/local...ringfield.html

SPRINGFIELD | An 11-year-old boy was released from a hospital Tuesday after he suffered head injuries when he fell off the hood of a car his mother was driving Monday night.

According to police, Joseph Jones jumped on the hood about 6:10 p.m. and refused to get off after his mother yelled at him. She drove off with him clinging to the passenger side windshield wiper

Paul made a left turn without stopping, causing the boy to fall from the vehicle and land in an intersection.
    Last edited by mindi77; 05-04-2006 at 11:37 AM. Reason: missing letters

What a stupid, selfish woman!! I hope that young boy doesn't have lasting problems from this. I hope she gets punished severely!

She is 32, but I wonder what her mental age is? Perhaps this is a difficult child to raise, but really...she sure didn't think this through. Two-stage thinking seems to be quite beyond some people.

Quote Originally Posted by Opie
    She is 32, but I wonder what her mental age is? Perhaps this is a difficult child to raise, but really...she sure didn't think this through. Two-stage thinking seems to be quite beyond some people.
    The kid jumped ONTO the hood of the car. Maybe she thought by refusing to stop he'd learn not to do soemthing that stupid.

Then again, I remember my dad driving me around on the hood of the car when I was about 5 (although I was sitting up and holding onto the humongous hood ornament). Until my mom found out about it, of course.

First I would have parked the car and then second I would have got out and whipped his a*@. Wonder what was going on to make this child jump on the car?

Well the only saving grace in this whole mess, it that the child suffered head injury. I know that sounds cold.....but

A teenager girl did the same type of thing, with her friends for fun, some years ago, just teenagers hanging on to the car and doing donuts.

She fell, hit her head, and to this day, is still in a Coma......it has now been well over 15 years........

I would have stopped the car, but some people's IQ is the same as body temperature.........and they have no forsights into their actions, let alone "think" about the consequences.....