GUILTY MN - Jeremiah Wofford, 1, dies at homeless shelter, St Paul, 1 May 2006

mindi77

Love your children....
Reaction score
http://www.daytondailynews.com/localnews/content/localnews/daily/0504localmom.html

A 23-year-old Dayton woman was charged Wednesday in St. Paul, Minn., with second-degree murder in the death of her 22-month-old son on Monday.

Triena Diane Wofford, pregnant with her seventh child

According to a police report, staff at the Family Service Center shelter saw Wofford bring the child, Jeremiah, to the front desk asking for help because he wasn't breathing.

A medical examiner found numerous injuries on the boy and ruled the homicide a result of asphyxia, according to the police report.

Wofford told police and agents from the Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension that she put Jeremiah down for a nap about 3 p.m. When he wouldn't go to sleep, she straddled him by sitting over his legs with his face down, according to the report.

She also told investigators blisters and burns on his back were from her placing him in a scalding shower as punishment

More at link

Pregnant with her 7th child?

I don't even know what to say. A rat in a field would be a better mother.

Holy cow, 23 years old and pregnant with her 7th child! :eek:

Jeana (DP) said:

how does this continue to happen in todays day & age....7th pregnancy and 23 years old :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

j2mirish said:
how does this continue to happen in todays day & age....7th pregnancy and 23 years old :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

From what it sounds like in the article, she kept collecting her welfare benefits and spitting out kids one after the other, but couldn't handle it and so she neglected them and beat them in order to "deal with them." Child welfare knew about this as ALL of the kids had been removed from her care at one point or another. However, as soon as an intelligent judge steps in and tells her she can't have any more kids, she'll/he'll be called a racist and the ACLU will sue and she'll collect several hundred thousand dollars (that we'll end up paying her). Hopefully, now that she's locked up, her latest baby will be removed from her care after about 4 hours, never to see her again and she'll be locked up forever.

Sick biatch...
I hope she suffers 10-fold!

From the article:

"...When he wouldn't go to sleep, she straddled him by sitting over his legs with his face down..."

This happened in a shelter, so where was everyone else? No one saw her in the act? I am speechless...rather, I cannot think of anything to say that can be posted on this board.

cathieq said:
From the article:

"...When he wouldn't go to sleep, she straddled him by sitting over his legs with his face down..."

This happened in a shelter, so where was everyone else? No one saw her in the act? I am speechless...rather, I cannot think of anything to say that can be posted on this board.

I was wondering the same thing.....where was everyone and why didn't they do anything.

The shelter where my kids and I take stuff to has individual rooms for each "family," so the parents and the kids have privacy. If the door was shut and she wasa on the child, the child wouldn't have been making enough noise to call attention to the room. However, I DO wonder how no one else noticed when she burned him so badly in the shower. That would have been very painful when it first happened, but even later on if anyone touched the area, clothing rubbing on it, etc.

Jeana (DP) said:

She lost her 4 bedroom apartment when the children were taken away from her one time before. It sounds like she is having them so fast to get extra welfare money.

Any creature would be a better mother, imo. Did you see where he had burns and blisters and she said that was from putting him in a scalding shower as punishment? Why did they ever give the children back to her?

:banghead:

There was a street "women" who was pregnant and went into a shelter.

She was "under supervision" of the staff of the shelter and CAS(Children's Aid Society, like DCFS)

Well under the "watch full" eye of all of these people, the child, a newborn starved to death.

There was a HUGE deal made of this, as there were nurses in this shelter, staff and staff from CAS.

This girl just told everyone the baby was fine, and kept him "wrapped" up.......so he looked bigger then he was. Conned everyone so she would not get into trouble.........it was too much "trouble" to feed the child.......he was just over a month old when he died.

This was a newborn, a teenaged street Mom and many other "watchful" people.

So it does not surprise me that this type of thing happens, once an abusive and neglectful, irresponsible parent, then that is who you are......and it will never change.......no matter what........

Hopefully she doesn't get worse in prison. Do people in prison get mental health treatment before being released? They should tie her tubes and never ever let her near a child again if they let her out. I don't think 9 years is long enough to recover from being a murderer... sick.

Only 9 years.....but at least her children are protected for that long!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back