MI MI - Gordon Page, 28, Grand Rapids, 27 May 1991

WasBlind

Former Member
Reaction score
For Gordon

Y'all please sign this petition, it would have helped this fella a lot if it had been a law when he went missing. Sadly, it is still not law, but should be.

http://www.petitiononline.com/cue4162/

For all the adults whose mental capacities are like children.
Praying for change, and soon.
Special thanks to Monica for all you do for these adults!
In Christ, Lanie

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance

Missing Since: May 27, 1991 from Grand Rapids, Michigan
Classification: Endangered Missing
Date Of Birth: April 15, 1963
Height and Weight: 6'3, 175 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: Graying reddish-brown hair, blue eyes. Page has a light tan-colored birthmark on the lower left side of his rib cage. He has a scar under his chin. Page has a surgical scar on his pubic area from an operation to repair an undescended testicle during his childhood. He has small white-colored acne scars on his back. Page has a large-sized brown mole on one of his inner legs. Page may have a mosutache, beard or a goatee; his facial hair only grows underneath his nose and on his chin. There are several white discolorations on his teeth. Page has a prominent Adam's apple. He only moves his eyes, not his head, when he is crossing the street. Page may stare and smile at others, which is his manner of saying 'hello.' His nickname is Gordie.
Clothing Description: A t-shirt and jeans.
Medical Conditions: Page is autistic. He appears and behaves normally, but he has difficulty communicating. Page has been misdiagnosed in the past due to problems with his communication skills and has received unnecessary medications as a result.

Details of Disappearance

Page was placed in the Cascade Foster Care Home on Kraft Avenue and 60th Street in Grand Rapids, Michigan in March 1991. He had been diagnosed with autism and the home was an established treatment center. His family resided in Florida and waited two months before visiting Page in Michigan. His father left Grand Rapids after seeing Page on May 21, 1991. Page's father stated that his son seemed anxious to accompany him back to Florida and attempted to enter his van as he was leaving. Page vanished from the home on May 27, 1991, six days after his father left. Page was not carrying any identification or cash at the time he left his home.
Witnesses reported seeing a man resembling Page hitchhiking along Interstate 96 in Grand Rapids shortly after he disappeared from his residence. Part of a baseball card collection was discovered under an overpass on Interstate 96 approximately six weeks later. The cards were located near ramps leading to Detroit, Michigan and Chicago, Illinois. Three of the cards had been separated from the rest of the collection; the cards were those of Page's favorite players, Robin Yount, Paul Molitor and Eddie Murray. It is possible that the collection belonged to Page.

There have been other reported sightings of Page throughout the United States and Canada since 1991. His hobbies include collecting sports cards, shopping at sports memorabilia, music and antique stores, playing baseball and basketball and swimming. Page may collect empty bottles or cans along roadsides for cash. He may be working with migrant workers or employed as a farmhand. Page may linger around automobile dealerships or tent in campsites. He generally keeps to himself or stays on the fringe of crowds. It is possible that Page may have been admitted to a hospital as an unidentified patient ("John Doe") due to his medical conditions. Page's case remains open and unsolved.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/p/page_gordon.html

Could this be??

GORDON T PAGE Born Apr 1963 More Information
5751 CHRISTIE AVE SE Recorded: 07/09/2001
GRAND RAPIDS, MI 49508 County
www.ZabaSearch.com/ZabaWeb - Background Check

Same name, same birth month and year, same city and town. This was recorded in 2001 he went missing in 1991.

:waitasec:

All those coincidences - definitely worth checking out. I remember finding a webpage a few years ago about someone who had talked to Gordon at a gym. I will try and find it and post it here.

I can't seem to find it - I remember it was a bright red page about someone who owned or worked in a gym (in I think California) and about how they had seen Gordie.

It's going to drive me nuts now!

Thank you fourboys that is the one.. Forgive me if I am wrong as I do not know much about autism but does it seem likely enough that Gordie could function well enough on his own to work out a gym alone?

I know a guy with autism who functions well, goes to college, etc. Him I could see working out in a gym, if he was inclined to do so. But I think he's on qute a higher level than Gordon Page.

Hi meggilyweggily - I should have clarified and said that I meant someone with a level of autism similar to Gordon's - he was in a home. Did not make myself clear yet again!

EdinburghLass said:
Hi meggilyweggily - I should have clarified and said that I meant someone with a level of autism similar to Gordon's - he was in a home. Did not make myself clear yet again!

Apparently he wasn't working out....just there and looking around.

http://www.unsolved.com/0000-GordiePage.html

This case really saddened me when I first saw it on Unsolved Mysteries. The parents cared very much for their son. As stated in this story, the parents were asked not to visit Gordie for a couple months to allow him to settle into his new environment. It was so obvious to me when I watched the program that his father regrets every day of his life not taking Gordie with him when he chased after the car. I felt so bad for him. I remember also the show saying Gordie might respond to the names of his younger brothers, Lance and Todd.

GORDON T PAGE Born Apr 1963 More Information
5751 CHRISTIE AVE SE Recorded: 07/09/2001
GRAND RAPIDS, MI 49508 County
www.ZabaSearch.com/ZabaWeb - Background Check

That is his parents address and Gordon was a resident there before he went missing. I am assumeing that they recorded it as a residence because Gordon is missing........I don't believe he has ever been declared dead by the family.

I just found this case, and am so saddened by it. Knowing several autistic teens, I am worried of the out come of this young man. What do you all think of the following UID? If he really made his way to CA, then he could have continued up the pacific coast until he lost his will to live.

http://doenetwork.org/cases/479umwa.html

The drawing of the chin is so weird, I've never seen someone with a chin like that...I'm assuming it was constructed to what the jaw looked like after hanging, (?)

Missing Persons. Org
http://www.missing-persons.org/lastname/p/page_gordon_thomas_jr.htm
Page, Gordon Thomas Jr.

City, State or Province, Country of Disappearance: Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA

DOB: 1963 April 15 Last Seen: 1991 May 26
Height: 6'3" / 190cm Reported Missing:
Weight: 175lbs / 80kg Police Case Number:
Nationality: Caucasian Police Department: Kent County Sheriff's Office
Hair Color: Red Police Phone: 616 336-3143
Eye Color: Brown Other Helpline:
Tattoos:
Scars: Tan birthmark on the side of his torso.

Petition signed as well. I remember his case from Unsolved Mysteries years ago. If I recall correctly, there was a sighting of him at a gym some time ago, but nothing since. This is one of those cases that makes you wonder why law enforcement hasn't done enough.

I'm bumping this case cause over the years I have wondered whatever has happened to Gordie.Is it even remotely possible that he could be alive or is he in some institution as a John Doe?

This story is so sad. I remember his story from Unsolved Mysteries many many years ago. I often wondered if they found him. I pray that they do.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back