609 users online (53 members and 556 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Anniegirl is offline Have you ever thrown a fist full of glitter in the air?

Woman delivers 14 pound premature baby!

~~~

'I have found the paradox, that if you love until it hurts, there can be no more hurt, only more love' . Mother Teresa

Add me on Facebook: annie51467@yahoo.com

same thing happened to my baby sister's baby girl, due largely to my sister developing gestational diabetes.

Thank Goodness for C-sections!

One Big Girl!!!

I was a labor and Delivery nurse for 10 years. I had a 16 yo girl once deliver a 15lb 6oz baby the natural way. You wanna talk about big. No one had a clue that this baby was so big.

I'm no expert here, so forgive the question, but wouldn't this woman have had to have eaten quite a bit for the baby to get so big. Especially since they said after birth the baby didn't gain as much weight as most newborns do???

SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
    Usually the excess eating adds weight to the mother rather than the baby and the mom is left with the excess weight to lose after giving birth. I wonder if this woman did have gestational diabetes during the pregnancy.

Quote Originally Posted by SewingDeb
    Usually the excess eating adds weight to the mother rather than the baby and the mom is left with the excess weight to lose after giving birth. I wonder if this woman did have gestational diabetes during the pregnancy.

I think the baby does get some of that nutrition/food as well. That's why its unhealthy to gain under a certain amount of weight. I'd like to hear how much weight she gained during her pregnancy.

Wow!!!
    That is one big baby !!
    Mine have been 6lbs, 7lbs and 8lbs... I am guessing this one will go about 9lbs - and THAT scares me.... but 14 ??????????????????????????? OUCH

Quote Originally Posted by lisag
    Wow!!!
    That is one big baby !!
    Mine have been 6lbs, 7lbs and 8lbs... I am guessing this one will go about 9lbs - and THAT scares me.... but 14 ??????????????????????????? OUCH
    Yup, they say generally that each baby weighs a little more than the last, on average. My first daughter was 6-11, and then my son was 8-1....my third baby, my 2nd daughter, was 7 lbs. even, but she was 3 weeks early...dr. said she would have been over 9 lbs, probably, had I carried all the way to 40 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by englishleigh
    Yup, they say generally that each baby weighs a little more than the last, on average. My first daughter was 6-11, and then my son was 8-1....my third baby, my 2nd daughter, was 7 lbs. even, but she was 3 weeks early...dr. said she would have been over 9 lbs, probably, had I carried all the way to 40 weeks.

Mine were

8 pounds

10 pounds; 10 ounces

and

7 1/2 pounds

I'M DONE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeana (DP)
    I'm no expert here, so forgive the question, but wouldn't this woman have had to have eaten quite a bit for the baby to get so big. Especially since they said after birth the baby didn't gain as much weight as most newborns do???
    Genetics also has something to do with it.
    My sister had gestational diabetes. Her baby was 10 lbs and delivered 2 weeks early because she (the baby) had gained 3 pounds in 2 weeks. One of the baby's maternal great-grandfathers stood 6',9". Her paternal granfather stands 6'5". That clearly had something to do with the child's size as well.
    She turned 4 last year and could easily pass for a 1st grader in terms of height.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
    Genetics also has something to do with it.
    My sister had gestational diabetes. Her baby was 10 lbs and delivered 2 weeks early because she (the baby) had gained 3 pounds in 2 weeks. One of the baby's maternal great-grandfathers stood 6',9". Her paternal granfather stands 6'5". That clearly had something to do with the child's size as well.
    She turned 4 last year and could easily pass for a 1st grader in terms of height.

Interesting . . . Thanks!!!!

My three kids were 8 lbs. (boy), 6 lbs. 8 oz. (girl), and 6 lbs. 11 oz (boy), respectively. So, my first weighed the most! BUT - I did have borderline gestational diabetes with him (not the others) and the doc said that was probably the reason! He was also a week and a half early and the others came on their due dates! He's still the biggest - 19, in college and 6'1"

Also, my middle child and only daughter was my only vaginal birth, the boys were c-sections, and she loves to tell people, "I was the only one born 'normal' !" She usually gets a big laugh out of it, too.

Eve

My kids were

7lbs 1 ounce

7lbs 11 ounces

Those 10 little ounces sure made a difference in how sore I was.

14 lbs, I would have ripped apart.

mine were 6.3 7.8 7.3 7.4

The 7.8 was preemie so he would have been a 9-10 pounder according to he Dr.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast