Family kicked out of all you can eat buffet.

LOL my son got kicked out of an all you can eat buffet once. Him and the rest of the high school football team stopped at one to eat after an all day football camp. 25 hungry football players ate more food then this place ever counted on. After about 30 minutes the Manager came an told them to leave to more trips to the Buffet

The local Chinese restaurant here has signs posted requesting patrons not waste food from the buffet and warning that violators may be asked to leave and/or banned from the restaurant.

It sounds to me like these people were just wasting food. I mean putting things on their plates, not eating it, throwing it away and then getting more of the same from the buffett.I think they should have been asked to leave.

I've been to the Dragon House-hehe, it's my brush with fame! Oh wait no, I did meet the Channel 8 weather man once.

How hard is it to just take a little of something if you aren't sure you'll like it-you can always go back for more. They'd never make it into the clean plate club.

I always push my food around on my plate, or put some leftover something gross that I am not going to eat on my kid's plate so it doesn't look like I am wasting it. That's lame, I know.

But - the sign says "Waste food will be charge extra".

Don't really want to be a bleeding heart here, but:
I have a son-in-law that weighs in at about 130 lb
that would make one proud to be paying for his buffet. I also know a couple that "loads" there plates at the same buffet and 5 min. later claim it is cold and repeat the same performance, not to mention putting a few "egg rolls" in a purse for future use.
I find no fault with this owner throwing out people like this.
I do find fault with the sports team eating more than the owner cares to see eaten. This is where you bite your tongue and take the loss.
I, for one, am a person that tries to forsake buffets. Being another 135 lb person, I work hard to get my moneys worth, and ruin the rest of my day. LOL? Not funny if you have done it!

I don't recall this ever being an issue at any buffet I have gone too.

I don't really fault the owners here either.
Really IMO if they had tipped the waitresses WELL this would never have come about!

This is actually something that has always bothered me. I know a lady back in Texas who used to meet up with us at China Star (chinese buffett) and she would always let her daughter pile her plate to the point of needing side boards to contain the food. The kid never ate even half of it and would go back for seconds thirds etc.. I did mention it one time becuase it just irritated me that she would always do this and the mom pretty much told me 'it's my money i'm paying for it so don't worry about it'... just rude if you ask me. And the waitress was always looking and giving 'the evil eye' I hated going out to eat with them. (It was more or less a work thing)

I once dated a guy who wore size 5X clothing - the reason was, the man could pack away more food than my refrigerator. I went with him to an all you could eat buffet on occassion and always wondered what the manager thought. Everything he took, though, ended up in his mouth - so I guess it was "waisted" and not wasted. :)

My MIL got in BIG trouble for taking home a piece of leftover chicken that was on her plate.

My oldest and I went out to a Buffet to "try to do some "teenage" bonding.

I had never been there before, but he has.

I was respectful and considerate, I tried many things, but only took a little of each one. I did leave a little bit of food...and when the waitress came to take the plates, she said "well it happens sometimes". But again it was a bit.

Well my teenager, knew what he liked and went to town......every last bite.

The service was good, so a "regular" tip was in order.

Some people's children, abuse a priviledge, it gets taken away......that should have been learned by this family as children, oh I forgot, they behave like children, so no lesson learned.......yet

I agree with the employees. Its just not right to be so wasteful... while it is all you can eat and you did pay, its all you can EAT, not all you can leave on your plate.

Angels_Not_Forgotten said:
I agree with the employees. Its just not right to be so wasteful... while it is all you can eat and you did pay, its all you can EAT, not all you can leave on your plate.
You win this thread. :dance:

I went to an all you can eat buffet last night with my daughter and thought of this thread. The food was good, we cleaned our plates (and added a little padding to our thighs, probably.)

...but is it okay to leave some on your plate when you bite into it and it's just nasty? We've all done that somewhere, right?

Our family went to a local all you can eat Chinese buffet a few weekends ago-when we sat down I noticed the woman at the table beside ours had a table covered with empty dishes and was talking on her cell phone-and her child, who appeared to be about 3 or 4, was asleep in the booth. Her check was already on the table.

We were probably there a little over an hour-the whole time we were there she talked on her cell phone, then as we were leaving she got up and loaded up another plate! Just how LONG can someone sit there and keep eating?

Shannon :sick:

I know the answer to that question.

When I was in college, during final exam week, I'd be at the front door to Burger King when they first opened at 6am. I'd order a salad bar, a coffee, and a soda. The salad bar didn't even get set up until 10:30, but it didn't matter. I took up two tables with all my books of all my classes and I'd get coffee and drink it until I didn't want coffee anymore. Then I'd use the soda cup to get soda until 10:30. I'd get a plate of salad bar, or two, keep studying until I had to go to the bathroom - then if I was thirsty, I got coffee or soda or whatever I wanted... until dinner time. I'd go back to the salad bar one or two times at dinner, then again later that night as I got hungry and whenever I felt like it until they closed and locked the doors at 4am.

Studying at home, too many phone calls.
Studying at the library, no food or drink.

Burger King was there for the perfect study hall all through college. All you can eat or drink, all day, and it was less than $5 at the time. :)

It seems these people deserved to be tossed.I frequent buffet type restaurants myself,and despite my rather slim 190 lbs I am sure the staff hate to see me pull in.I will try most anything they offer,and refer to my first plate as my samples plate.I browse anything that looks appetizing I take a spoonful.If I like it fine there are plenty more trips to come,if not big deal I wasted a ant sized portion.Those who waste food intentionally really piss me off.

I know what you mean about wasting food intentionally pissing you off - when I was in college and worked at Burger King and KFC, I would take the leftovers to the homeless men who lived underneath my apartment. (They would stay up to watch me walk home to be sure I made it safely, since it wasn't a great neighborhood and I was scared.) At first, the managers were throwing it away and told me not to take it because Burger King/KFC would be sued if one of the homeless guys got sick. Eventually, though, everyone turned their eyes away and I could do it without hassle.

You would not BELIEVE how much chicken, GOOD chicken, gets tossed out after closing time.

GLitchwizard, you are something else! You have a way of of expressing yourself which is refreshing and entertaining. I do hope that over the years you have not forgotten those homeless that made sure that you made it home safely.
And yes Jeffrey Dahmers had a first name, which was Oscar.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk
Back