GUILTY CT - Frank Korondi, 13, dies of heroin OD, Shelton, 6 May 2006

Very sad...
I hate letting my 14 daughter places - I am PARANOID!! Believe me, my hubby and I do check on the people who live in the house... Heck, I can even tell ya which parents have been taken to court for deliquent house payments, car payments, etc..

Unfortunately, my daughter has started to raelly beomce good friends with a girl whos mother my hubby arrested, she does not have a valid license and she has many other issues... My daugher can't understand why I told her she will NEVER be allowed to go to this friends house... EVER

There really has to be more to this story...What kind of kid was the boy in the 1st place? Did the families know each other?

I have a 14 and 16 y/o and yes, it is difficult to let them go. But you have to at some point, and be sensible about it, but very aware.

I don't know that I would go so far as to do a financial background check...sorry Lisa! If I found out you had done that to me, I would be kinda worried about you ;)

Lynie

lynie said:
There really has to be more to this story...What kind of kid was the boy in the 1st place? Did the families know each other?

I have a 14 and 16 y/o and yes, it is difficult to let them go. But you have to at some point, and be sensible about it, but very aware.

I don't know that I would go so far as to do a financial background check...sorry Lisa! If I found out you had done that to me, I would be kinda worried about you ;)

Lynie

Lol... not that I do a fiancial background check, but in the state I live you can look up court records... I do this for mainly criminal background check reasons, but financial things, such as I mentioned, are also listed!! lol

lisag said:
Lol... not that I do a fiancial background check, but in the state I live you can look up court records... I do this for mainly criminal background check reasons, but financial things, such as I mentioned, are also listed!! lol
Oh my Gosh I thought that I was the only one to look up the court records!!!! I do it on just about everyone I meet, and know:eek: .....

michelle said:
Oh my Gosh I thought that I was the only one to look up the court records!!!! I do it on just about everyone I meet, and know:eek: .....

No, you're DEFINITELY not the only one. When I begin dating someone new, I always check the guy out!

michelle said:

LOL I would never even consider running checks on my friends. I just dont consider it any of my business if they are late on their bills , got a ticket or bounced a check. I do get the local sex offender registry emailed to me when it is updated but thats about as far as I go.

If I were investing financially with someone I would then definity run a check but otherwise I just dont consider it any of my business. It kind of creeps me out to think friends and neighbors might be running online searchs on me behind my back.

When my children were young I didnt let them do sleepovers at homes where I didnt personally know the parents.

tybee204 said:
LOL I would never even consider running checks on my friends. I just dont consider it any of my business if they are late on their bills , got a ticket or bounced a check. I do get the local sex offender registry emailed to me when it is updated but thats about as far as I go.

If I were investing financially with someone I would then definity run a check but otherwise I just dont consider it any of my business. It kind of creeps me out to think friends and neighbors might be running online searchs on me behind my back.

When my children were young I didnt let them do sleepovers at homes where I didnt personally know the parents.
Oh I have no way to check credit and all, I could care less about that. I do look up criminal things though.....

michelle said:

How do you do these checks? My son has a friend who's mother I'd like to check out for several reasons. The first being that when my son slept over their house the mother made both boys sleep in the bed with her! She didn't "do" anything to them just made 'em sleep there!

This is kind of an interesting topic. Im going to start a thread in the Jury room and get some feedback. Please discuss it there so this thread can stay on topic.

OneLostGrl said:
How do you do these checks? My son has a friend who's mother I'd like to check out for several reasons. The first being that when my son slept over their house the mother made both boys sleep in the bed with her! She didn't "do" anything to them just made 'em sleep there!

Uh, yeah, I DON'T THINK SO!!!

Check away on this one, lostgirl!

Lynie

lynie said:

Lynie
Yea really, that sound too weird.....:eek:

michelle said:

Are they parents? I know they are not this boy's parents.

Sleepover Turns Deadly

DERBY -- Albert Korondi found his son's hospital room by following the sound of his wife's weeping.

He had rushed to Griffin Hospital Saturday morning after hearing that his 13-year-old son, Frank Korondi, had been found unconscious after a fall. He had no other information.

He soon found his wife Agnes in the hospital room with the body of his son, who police said had died of a heroin overdose.

"I heard what room my wife was crying, I went in and there was my son, not unconscious but dead," he said.

Frank left his parents' apartment Friday and headed to a sleepover at the home of his friend Bradley Commerford, 10, Albert Korondi said. Police found Frank Saturday morning in Bradley's sister's apartment in neighboring Shelton.

The sister, 23-year-old Angela Krasowski, and her ex-husband James Krasowski, 32, have been arrested in connection with Frank Korondi's death. Results of an autopsy will not be ready for seven to 12 weeks, according to the medical examiner, but police say they believe Frank Korondi died of a heroin overdose.

~more at link~

tybee204 said:

Wow I'm with you, that creeps me out big time, there is just something about living life that is destroyed here.... Sorry but I don't want to be having to live that untrusting were I have to be checking up on my friends and neighbours online behind their backs.... Just seems a sad way to live, like you said there are time when you would have to investigate, but other than that not for me.

OneLostGrl said:

Uh! and this would be one of those times.

TisHerself said:
Uh! and this would be one of those times.

The biggest thing is that this "mother" didn't understand why I was so upset when I called her about it!!

From June 2007:

http://archive.ksdk.com/news/articl...r-Giving-Fatal-Heroin-Dose-To-13-Year-Old-Boy

A woman and her ex-husband were sentenced Wednesday to 17 years in prison each for giving heroin to a 13-year-old boy who died of an overdose.

In a deal with prosecutors, Angela Krasowski, 24, and James Krasowski, 34, pleaded guilty to first-degree manslaughter and risk of injury to a minor...

Police said Angela and James Krasowski smoked and snorted heroin with Korondi that night.

Lynie

These are the ones I say, "Have him/her come over here." And no sleepovers where mom (typically) has unmarried adult males in the house routinely.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back