933 users online (184 members and 749 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

RI - Savannah Smith, 8, Woonsocket, 7 May 2006

I am not sure if there is an Amber out on Savannah but here is her poster

from the NCMEC

Savannah was last seen playing outside on the afternoon of May 7, 2006. When the child was last seen she was wearing a purple tank top, denim skirt, a gold necklace, and no shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by cammy-g
    I am not sure if there is an Amber out on Savannah but here is her poster

from the NCMEC

Savannah was last seen playing outside on the afternoon of May 7, 2006. When the child was last seen she was wearing a purple tank top, denim skirt, a gold necklace, and no shoes.
    This is why no Amber Alert:

http://www.thebostonchannel.com/heal...54/detail.html

From the article:

The body of 8-year-old Savannah Smith was found dumped in the woods on Parkview Blvd. in Cranston, police said.Smith was reported missing on Sunday. Her mother said that the girl had not been seen since late Sunday afternoon. Police had been searching with a K-9 unit.Woonsocket police said they have a 20-year-old suspect in custody.
    Every new one of these in the news is one too many.

Steve/Mr. A.

The body of Savannah Smith was found Monday, in a wooded area off Parkview Blvd. in Cranston.

A 20-year-old man is in custody. Police have not released his name but CBS4 has learned he is the boyfriend of the child's babysitter. Cranston Police have scheduled a press conference for 1 p.m.
    http://cbs4boston.com/topstories/loc...128111038.html

Savannah Smith, age 8, murdered by 20-year-old Male, R.I.

http://www.thebostonchannel.com/hea...054/detail.html

From the article:
    The body of 8-year-old Savannah Smith was found dumped in the woods on Parkview Blvd. in Cranston, police said.Smith was reported missing on Sunday. Her mother said that the girl had not been seen since late Sunday afternoon. Police had been searching with a K-9 unit.Woonsocket police said they have a 20-year-old suspect in custody.
    There was a post about Savannah in the missing thread, but articles about her being found were already being published in Boston as of about 40 minutes ago.

Steve

These cases are impossible to keep up with, she just went missing yesterday and now we find out that she is dead. It seems your child is safe nowheres nowadays.

Poor baby girl... These types of crimes break my heart.

Invisible is offline Karma can change life with the swish of a horse's tail...Buddha

Angry

Well...now we need to pray that the @#%&#d that did this is found and punished.
    Karma can change life like the swish of a horse's tail...Buddha

Apparently the boyfriend of the babysitter is the suspect and a friend of the little girl saw her get into his vehicle. Police questioned him, which led to them finding her body. This stuff just makes you want to scream - how can any of us ever really trust anyone?

Providence Channel 10

Here is another link to a local station carrying this story with a bit more info and video of suspect. Thank you to the officer in court for that stare at the suspect. He deserves that and so much more.

BS4 Boston story with video

I just heard this on the news for the first time this afternoon! I live about 1.5 miles from the city she was abducted from. Poor little girl.

That was a shock. I was expecting to read that she had been found alive because she hadn't been gone that long. That dirty son-of-a-Bitc#. I wonder how long he had had his eye on that little girl. Sick son-of-a-gun. I bet the babysitter is devistated. So darn sad. I'm so sick of this happening to little kids. They should just take this guy out and blow his head right off. Thoughts and prayers for the family.

SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
    I feel so sorry for the parents. Seeing her mother on the video brought tears to my eyes. She speaks of staying by the phone helplessly while he murdered her daughter.

Can anyone tell me WHY the heck an Amber Alert wasn't used??? If you watch the video it seems clear they met all the criteria to send one out, but didn't.

SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
    I don't understand it at all, unless it was because the parents couldn't prove she was in danger of bodily harm. I think that should be assumed to be the case any time a child is taken without the parent's consent.

What in the world happened here? This case met all of the requirements for an Amber Alert. I don't want to be critical of LE at this point, but exactly what else did they require to issue an Alert?!?!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast