This has probably been asked but...

Hbgchick

Reaction score
...does this case remind anyone of the Diane Downs case? I thought of that awhile back and was reminded of it this weekend when Lifetime showed yet another screening of "Small Sacrifices".

Does anyone know if there has ever been a professional comparison of the two?

Not sure what you mean by professionally compared ?

As inmates both ladies would have been given a psychological evaluation.

They both murdered their own children but vast differences between the two cases.

Now there are many many simliarities between darlie and jeff macdonald case.

Hbgchick said:
...does this case remind anyone of the Diane Downs case? I thought of that awhile back and was reminded of it this weekend when Lifetime showed yet another screening of "Small Sacrifices".

I saw that movie yesterday on LTMN. She was really one crazy woman!
:razz:

It doesnt really remind me of Diane Downs....Diane was a nut though, they all are....I guess the one case I can say Darlie reminds me of is the Jefferey Macdonald case. To me thats like the female version of her case....JMO

michelle said:
It doesnt really remind me of Diane Downs....Diane was a nut though, they all are....I guess the one case I can say Darlie reminds me of is the Jefferey Macdonald case. To me thats like the female version of her case....JMO
I think so too Michelle.
:behindbar Both are REALLY scary selfish people.

Hbgchick said:

The two women, to me, have much in common. That movie freaks me out and I saw a lot of Darlie in her behavior.

I tend to agree with Jeana, there are some "aspects" to each case that are similar, but with the Jeffrey MacDonald case, well.........a lot of aspects that are similar.

sharpar said:
Not sure what you mean by professionally compared ?

As inmates both ladies would have been given a psychological evaluation.

They both murdered their own children but vast differences between the two cases.

Now there are many many simliarities between darlie and jeff macdonald case.
By "professionally compared" I mean by a forensic profiler or trained psychologist.

I certainly don't see "vast" differences myself. I see two narcissistic, compulsive, histrionic individuals who thought they could kill their children and get away with it.

Both devised stories of a/an stranger/intruder that was to blame for the killings. Both believed fully that they would get away with it and for almost two decades still see themselves as victims and still proclaim their innocence (unlike a Susan Smith - who caved almost immediately and confessed, or an Andrea Yates who just outright said she did it). Of course, Jeffery McDonald fits that profile also, but I am personally more interested in the comparison of the two women.

Obviously, the details of each case are different, but the underlying psychology is eerily similar.

Hbgchick said:
By "professionally compared" I mean by a forensic profiler or trained psychologist.

I see two narcissistic, compulsive, histrionic individuals who thought they could kill their children and get away with it.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NO KIDDING! OMGosh...how anyone could kill their kiddos is beyond me! Both women are truly scary animals.
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave