GUILTY WI - Camron Gardner, 3, beaten to death, Waupun, 5 May 2006

mssheila

Reaction score
http://nbc15.madison.com/news/headlines/2765531.html

No one can say how long the brothers were in this family's care. One of them is now in a Milwaukee hospital, the other is dead.
if (self['plpm'] && plpm['Mid-Story Ad']) document.write('');if (self['plpm'] && plpm['Mid-Story Ad']){ document.write(plpm['Mid-Story Ad']);} else { if(self['plurp'] && plurp['97']){} else {document.write(''); } }if (self['plpm'] && plpm['Mid-Story Ad']) document.write('');"It's a tragedy for all involved," Dave Titus with Dodge County Human Services says.
Investigators say the tragedy started at a home in Waupun, a foster home to a couple of young brothers.

"More than likely, the foster home license will be canceled at some point," Titus says.

The suspect, Shane Marquardt, now resides at the Dodge County Jail. He appeared in court by video conference before a tearful crowd, including his wife. The 31-year-old house designer faces charges of first degree reckless homicide and first degree reckless injury.

"He stated he just lost it, lost his temper because, I believe, one of the children vomited in his bed," Dodge County District Attorney Steve Bauer says.

:behindbar :behindbar :furious: :furious:

:behindbar :behindbar :furious: :furious:
I say take this "man" outside and just string him up. Beating two babies like that should be an immediate death sentence. Too bad WI doesn't have Capital Punishment at this time.

I wonder where the foster mother was?

I cannot even type my response, this is just so sad. Those two beautiful little boys, exposed to such violence and pure negligence. Pure sweet babies and now one is severely injured and one is gone. Just so wrong.....if a baby vomiting in his bed will set you off to do such evil, you are a person who just doesn't get what life is all about.

What a shame you were allowed the chance to become a loving parent to these two little ones and made a choice to render such evil.....

There should be no trial, no jury, just hand him out, have some big charlie beat him to death, just like he did this little one. He should be made to suffer. Can we even imagine the fear he instilled and the pain into these two little boys, I mean 2 and 3 are babies, sweet babies.

We can only pray that God deals with such evil in a way that would leave us all gasping for breath.

"More than likely, the foster home license will be cancelled at some point"
WHAT? It should be cancelled NOW!

And why only $60,000 bail? Why any bail?

montana_16 said:
"More than likely, the foster home license will be cancelled at some point"
WHAT? It should be cancelled NOW!

And why only $60,000 bail? Why any bail?

That is what I thought too. What...until the license is cancelled the state will put more children in that home? That is just pure B.S.

I would like to know why the bail is so low too. I don't believe for one second that this man has been a piller of the community and then a baby throws up in his bed and this guy goes nuts. I couldn't even tell you how much vomit I've cleaned up over the years from my kids when they were little and from my grandkids. They don't throw up on purpose.....it is a sign that they are sick or have a sick stomach for pity sake.

I wonder what kind of life the two little ones had before they were taken and put into foster care? It had to have been bad for them to be taken away. This man should be convicted of at least 2nd degree murder....he beat that baby to death and then beat on the other baby :furious: What is he saying he did...lose control and beat one and then beat the other for good measure?
Did they both vomit in their bed? Probably not. This man has a big problem and I hope the law doesn't just pat him on the head and let it go.

With a low bail like that it makes me feel like the state isn't putting much value on the lives of the babies and that is wrong. What is the matter with them :banghead:

http://www.channel3000.com/news/9225794/detail.html

Gardner lives in College Place, Wash. He said that he requested the children be put in his custody last fall when Dodge County Social Services made the decision to place them in foster care.

He said that he and the boys' mother were given a list of criteria they had to meet before the county would consider granting them custody, including parenting classes.

````````````````````````````````````````````````

Okay, so when the kids were put in foster care, the mother and father were both given a list of things they would have to do.... but it didn't get done by either, so the kids got placed in the home of the man who ultimately killed one and beat the other. Why didn't the parents take the measures they had to take to keep their children?

Now dad wants custody.... but he failed to do simple things that he could have done to prevent this from the beginning. Parenting classes? I mean.. come on. What might the other criteria have been?

I know when we fought for custody of my stepson, his mother, in order to not get supervised visitation (and just get regular every other weekend visitation) had to take parenting classes, and had to sign certain orders saying that she was able to provide "adequate child care" in her absence... etc... Very simple things.

mssheila said:
Parenting classes? I mean.. come on. What might the other criteria have been?
Usually it depends on the issues that got the kids taken away in the first place, ie. physical abuse, neglect, etc. Once this is taken into account than most states (and depending on how much money is available to child protection agencies) give parent(s) a laundry list of things to include: take random urine analysis to make sure there is no drug use, get a chemical dependency evaluation and follow all recommendations like in or out-patient treatment programs, have a parenting evaluation completed and follow all recommndations, get a psychological evaluation done to determine if there are mental health issues with parents, etc. Depending on the age of the child most states give the parents 6-12months to complete a very long list of things to do before they can get kids back. But all of this varies depending on what initially brought the family into the child protection system to begin with.

According to the artical I had posted on May 12th. (Which unfortunately cant be viewed anymore) The Mother had enlisted in the Army which makes me think she was trying to get her life together so that she could get her children back. I'm not sure if the Father had started taking any steps to gain custody before this happened or not. The articals I have read have been pretty vague about when he started working on his list.

State officials are investigating whether child welfare workers were thorough enough in their background check of a foster home where two brothers were injured, one fatally.

The state Department of Health and Family Services will investigate the placement as it reviews the circumstances of the death of 3-year-old Camron Gardner.

Camron and his two-year-old brother suffered abdominal injuries May 5. Camron died of internal bleeding.

The foster father, Shane Marquardt, has been charged with first-degree reckless homicide and first-degree reckless injury.

The Department of Health and Family Services is responsible for reviewing whether Dodge County officials followed federal and state guidelines in placing the boys with the Marquardts.

http://www.themilwaukeechannel.com/news/9268066/detail.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T-Dog
Back