GUILTY NC - Netha Barnwell, 89, & Louise Smith, 75, slain, Bamberg, 7 May 2006

They are looking for a man who did yard work for them. This makes you almost afraid to hire someone to work around your house. I have read of cases like this over and over. I guess you really should check out the people who do work at your house but I never have. Of course, it may not be him, but if it is it bothers me because I have to hire people to do some things around my house that I am unable to do. I think if someone has worked for you for a while, you would let down your guard and maybe not be as safety aware.

What a sad story! I hope they find this man. You just don't know people anymore.

JMHO

Annie said:
They are looking for a man who did yard work for them. This makes you almost afraid to hire someone to work around your house. I have read of cases like this over and over. I guess you really should check out the people who do work at your house but I never have. Of course, it may not be him, but if it is it bothers me because I have to hire people to do some things around my house that I am unable to do. I think if someone has worked for you for a while, you would let down your guard and maybe not be as safety aware.

That is how Elizabeth Smart disappeared too. In this day and age it is scary to even talk to anyone! My mom used to have to hire someone to help her with the lawn and cutting wood for her wood heater, etc. Thank God there was a teenage neighbor boy that did those things for her for a long time. We knew his family and knew he was a good kid. I keep my doors locked in the day time and have for a long time. I don't want some doper sneaking in and smacking me over the head!!

This is so horrid. Two elderly sisters just trying to live their lives out together in peace to be slaughtered in their home.

I now it's early on but I suspect the yard work guy.

That poor family. And then to be living across the street where they have to see the house that it happened in all the time. :( :mad:

From November 2008:

http://thetandd.com/news/man-who-ki...cle_b6399993-3872-56e8-8e8a-3f21b45ce100.html

The 41-year-old man charged with the 2006 bludgeoning death of two elderly Bamberg sisters will spend the rest of his life in prison after pleading guilty Tuesday.

"The sentence of this court is that you be sentenced to the state Department of Corrections for the balance of your natural life without the possibility of parole," said Circuit Court Judge Jack Early... Charlie Beard simply stood with his head down...

Beard pleaded guilty to two counts of murder and one count of first-degree burglary, receiving a life sentence on each count.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mintexas
Back