NY NY - Audrey Nerenberg, 18, Brooklyn, 15 July 1977

Do you have any details to add? That's an interesting and tragic case. I assume that the missing person is deceased- do you think she could still be alive?

I'm so sorry, River, I just now saw your post. Myself, and Kelly Jolkowski, mother of missing Jason, have been swamped with new cases. I know the parents of Audrey, but only from phone calls and e-mails. Her Daddy wrote a book called "Give Me Back My Daughter Audrey" and it is listed on her web site. I know that Audrey was last seen in New York, and her family have since moved to Florida, but once a year they go to NY and speak with detectives, post flyers, and retrace her route, and grant interviews, trying to keep her name and face out there. As far as I know this happened during the David Berkowitz "Son Of Sam" killings, however, he supposedly confesed and gave the police information about all his victims, and Audrey was not one of them. The family believes she is alive, and possibly in a mental institution somewhere, or simply does not know who she is, anymore.

I have no idea, I guess only the person(s) who may have taken her, and God knows what happened to Audrey. I pray that the Nerenbergs will get an anyswer. They have waited a long time.

Jim Viola, husband of missing Patricia of New Jersey, has made a cd of Audrey, and that can be obtained by writing to Jim at jim.viola@att.net
or Milton Nerenberg at m_nerenberg@yahoo.com

Jim also has a cd available for his wife, Pat. He sends with instructions on how to copy the cd for distribution, and also how to watch on a DVD player or the pc. A very useful tool for those searching, I believe.

Blessings, Lanie

Hi everyone I was a lerker and just recently registered. I wanted to remind everyone about Audreys case. She has been missing since July 15, 1977.
This is her site,
Audrey's site

Her father, Milton who I am in touch with often. Received a call from an adoption agency that thinks they adopted her out around the time she went missing.

He received the womens information and has spoken with her a few times. She has sent him two pictures of herself from years ago and he thinks it may be her. He is waiting on dental records, and if they are found to match or are close he will then proceed with DNA.

He would like to try and get Audrey's update out to the media. If any of you are media related and would like to run this story please contact Milton at
milton_nerenberg@juno.com
He also loves uplifting messages, so if any of you have them feel free to send those his way also.
Thanks
Samantha Dempsey

This girl has been missing a staggering 26 years, it is so sad that she has not been located one way or the other. :(

Thanks for the link to Audrey's site.

Yes it is very sad. But like I said above they may have found her and are trying to get help with testing and the such. Or at least get the update followed so if it isn't Audrey that they have at least gotten her name out there one more time.

BUTTER

BAD_BUTTERFLY said:
Hi everyone I was a lerker and just recently registered. I wanted to remind everyone about Audreys case. She has been missing since July 15, 1977.
This is her site,
Audrey's site

Her father, Milton who I am in touch with often. Received a call from an adoption agency that thinks they adopted her out around the time she went missing.

He received the womens information and has spoken with her a few times. She has sent him two pictures of herself from years ago and he thinks it may be her. He is waiting on dental records, and if they are found to match or are close he will then proceed with DNA.

He would like to try and get Audrey's update out to the media. If any of you are media related and would like to run this story please contact Milton at
milton_nerenberg@juno.com
He also loves uplifting messages, so if any of you have them feel free to send those his way also.
Thanks
Samantha Dempsey

Im really confused.............Audrey was 18 when she dissapeared so how could an adoption agency "adopt her out"?????

From the information that her father has given me, which was given to him by "Virginia", who is possibly Audrey.

Audrey suffered from schizophrenia, so really their are two options for this. One being that the schizo. had relapsed, and when these people took her to be adopted that she was unable to even give her name.

The other is passed on from "Virginia". She told Milton that the people only allowed her to give her first and middle name. They were unable to know exactly how old she was because of this. If you look at the picture of Audrey on her site I don't think I would have assumed that she was over 18.

She was reported missing later that night. It is unknown why the adoption agency only came forward a few weeks ago instead of 27 years ago. This caused much hurt and pain, that could have been avoided.

Hope this answers your questions.
BUTTER

I am new to WebSleuths, but have enjoyed reading all posts. I am very curious about this particular case - I really hope no one is fooling around with this poor man and is trying any con or trickery. If you hear anything, please let us know -

i hope not either but the dates were confirmed by the adoption agency and her age and time missing all line up, i just hope he doesn't get his hopes up too high and then only to be let down.

Lets all pray for Milton and Audrey

BUTTER

Audrey's father sent me an email today. They had the dental records checked, and as of now it is believed that she is not audrey.

BUTTER

Im just still baffled how anyone could have even thought it was her..........I mean what adoption agency "adopts out" an 18 year old???? (even if she didnt look 18 she hardly looked younger than 14).

I am sure this family is intelligent and just does not ever want to give up hope (I sure wouldn't), but I really hope they are aware and vigilent about how many cruel, sick people out there would have no trouble conning them into believing they or someone they know is Audrey. It is sad, but there are people out there who do these things, for various sick reasons. It makes me so sad to think of this family getting their hopes up and then getting let down.

yes I know I talk with her father via email. He said he just wants to know weather she is dead or alive before it is his time to pass, as he has been searching for something for 20+ years. The only way that this women could be audrey was if she had dental records showing that she had two teeth replaced, they were molars. Audrey was missing these two molars at the age of 18. Their family is disapointed, but he will keep looking. He lives for the day he may find her or at least be able to say goodbye in the appropriate way.

BUTTER
(By the way the adoption agency contacted him, not virginia. So he thought that it was pretty credible to try and find the answer)

Hi Peoples,
I have e-mailed Milton in regards to a photo I found on a website created by families that have lost their children to the "Roberts Group" (a religous cult)
The website is referring to this woman as unidentified, so I e-mailed them to see where the photo was taken, but got no response.
Milton agreed that she resembled Audrey but he needed more info & clearer pictures.
So basically I am at a dead end. I don't know what else I can do for him.
Please compare picture #20 at this website with Audrey's age enhanced photo. What do you think?

http://members.tripod.com/~nfishel/page6.html[/URL]

Thanks, Pugsley

it says that the page no longer exsits. Do you have a different link, i woi=uld love to see.

Hmmm..it still working for me. ??

Maybe try..http://members.tripod.com/~nfishel/index.html
and go near the bottom of the page at the links to the website. Click on unidentified and look at pic # 20.

Or try a search on " The Roberts Group Parents Network"

I do have the pic on my computer, can't figure out if I can post it.

Pugsley

I was able to view it but I had to remove the last part of the link, here it is.
http://members.tripod.com/~nfishel/page6.html

Wow, this is an interesting website with pictures of some cults members written by a former member it looks like.
Makes you wonder how many missing people are actually in cults.
Thanks for sharing it.
I saw the picture that might be Audrey, it is hard to tell. None of the pictures are that clear and some appear to be old.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123
Back