Teacher Fired for having invitro

Amraann

Former Member
Reaction score
A teacher in Wisconsin who was teaching at two private catholic schools was fired because she concieved her twins via invitro fertilization.

www.comcast.net (click video link)

According to the teacher (who is married) others at the school have concieved the same way.
According to the school's lawyer the issue is that by her having invitro it removed the procreative act from marriage.

Amraann said:
A teacher in Wisconsin who was teaching at two private catholic schools was fired because she concieved her twins via invitro fertilization.

According to the teacher (who is married) others at the school have concieved the same way.
According to the school's lawyer the issue is that by her having invitro it removed the procreative act from marriage.
:doh: :doh: :doh:

Don't get me started !!!!!!!

Shows you that some people believe that a woman's body is not hers. Can't win either way. No conception and birth, unless it's our way and definitely no abortion.

BarnGoddess said:
Don't get me started !!!!!!!

Shows you that some people believe that a woman's body is not hers. Can't win either way. No conception and birth, unless it's our way and definitely no abortion.
yea- no abortion, after no contraception--and yes...I am Catholic.....who used contraception.................ok- I'm done...............:silenced:

The thing is I am fairly certain this couple tried really hard to concieve the "natural way"

The Video says they tried for two years. So how they took the procreative act away from marriage elludes my understanding...
Furthermore if its a medical certainty that the procreative act will not result in children for health reasons.. Then what?
Clearly your not having sex as a means to procreate..
Is it just me or does the flip side of this coin not make sense?

When its all said and done how does invitro in anyway diminish her ability to teach??
They hired her to teach and concede that she is a good teacher.

One more thing .....

Please don't think I am dim for asking ..
But .. If man is created in God's image and all that ...
The fact that man through science has created the way to achieve pregnancy via invitro should be considered a gift from God .... NO?

If all children are gifts then I don't understand the problem?
Is the church implying that these children are concieved through "evil" means?

Amraann said:
One more thing .....

Please don't think I am dim for asking ..
But .. If man is created in God's image and all that ...
The fact that man through science has created the way to achieve pregnancy via invitro should be considered a gift from God .... NO?

If all children are gifts then I don't understand the problem?
Is the church implying that these children are concieved through "evil" means?
I think the problem here has to do with man deciding what god would want. I would like to see where any bible says " Do not have invitro".

Amraann said:

That's the part that bugged me - others at the school had the same procedure!! IIRC, it was a board member. :furious:
I read she's attending a Lutheran church now. They sure do drive 'em away, don't they?

ljwf22 said:
That's the part that bugged me - others at the school had the same procedure!! IIRC, it was a board member. :furious:
I read she's attending a Lutheran church now. They sure do drive 'em away, don't they?
yes...they do :silenced:

It shows where their priorities are. Child molesting priests are far more important than children. Controlling women's sexual lives is more important than having a good teacher, or her having children. Not really a surprise to me.

Guess it's a good thing the Catholic Church wasn't around when Jesus was conceived...

Shannon (waiting for lightning to strike me) :p

LOLOL Very good point!!

That entire immaculate conception thing certainly does take out the procreation equaition?????

TaylorJ4 said:
Guess it's a good thing the Catholic Church wasn't around when Jesus was conceived...

Shannon (waiting for lightning to strike me) :p
:doh: Dang! Someone needs to tell the Pope about this! Mary might need to be excommunicated! :doh:

:furious: :furious: :furious:

She should be glad she doesn't have to be around those people anymore. I guarantee God would approve of her wanting and loving two sweet little babies.

JMHO

tennessee said:
:furious: :furious: :furious:

She should be glad she doesn't have to be around those people anymore. I guarantee God would approve of her wanting and loving two sweet little babies.

JMHO
I am sure she would be if her lack of pay to feed them was not an issue...
She got pregnant knowing she had a job..
TO be fired for being pregnant is just wrong and IMO this equates to that.
Invitro cost 10K for each attempt!!

Amraann said:
I am sure she would be if her lack of pay to feed them was not an issue...
She got pregnant knowing she had a job..
TO be fired for being pregnant is just wrong and IMO this equates to that.
Invitro cost 10K for each attempt!!
Oh, I know. It is just wrong for anyone to be treated like she has been. Hopefully, she will find another job really soon.

JMHO

excuse my simplity here but this child is concived of the sperm and egg of God's creation so what is the problem? I am confused.

mjak

tennessee said:
Oh, I know. It is just wrong for anyone to be treated like she has been. Hopefully, she will find another job really soon.

JMHO
Hopefully they will be penalized, and will have to pay her a hefty severance, and give her her job back. It's just wrong to fire her like that.

This is just plain ignorant........The Bishop of Superior Wis embraced the priest who killed 2 people in Hudson Wi. Fr Erickson ( term used loosely) had molested boys in our town & 1 of his victims found out & was going to LE. Priest killed them both / then later he hung himself in Hurley Wi....still claiming he never done it. Later it was determined he had..........So its ok to kill people / but not ok to invetro????
Why I could go to Appleton & give them a piece of my mind!!! :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy
Back