1354 users online (317 members and 1037 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Teacher Fired for having invitro

A teacher in Wisconsin who was teaching at two private catholic schools was fired because she concieved her twins via invitro fertilization.

www.comcast.net (click video link)

According to the teacher (who is married) others at the school have concieved the same way.
    According to the school's lawyer the issue is that by her having invitro it removed the procreative act from marriage.

Quote Originally Posted by Amraann
    A teacher in Wisconsin who was teaching at two private catholic schools was fired because she concieved her twins via invitro fertilization.

According to the teacher (who is married) others at the school have concieved the same way.
    According to the school's lawyer the issue is that by her having invitro it removed the procreative act from marriage.

Don't get me started !!!!!!!

Shows you that some people believe that a woman's body is not hers. Can't win either way. No conception and birth, unless it's our way and definitely no abortion.

Quote Originally Posted by BarnGoddess
    Don't get me started !!!!!!!

Shows you that some people believe that a woman's body is not hers. Can't win either way. No conception and birth, unless it's our way and definitely no abortion.
    yea- no abortion, after no contraception--and yes...I am Catholic.....who used contraception.................ok- I'm done...............

The thing is I am fairly certain this couple tried really hard to concieve the "natural way"

The Video says they tried for two years. So how they took the procreative act away from marriage elludes my understanding...
    Furthermore if its a medical certainty that the procreative act will not result in children for health reasons.. Then what?
    Clearly your not having sex as a means to procreate..
    Is it just me or does the flip side of this coin not make sense?

When its all said and done how does invitro in anyway diminish her ability to teach??
    They hired her to teach and concede that she is a good teacher.

One more thing .....

Please don't think I am dim for asking ..
    But .. If man is created in God's image and all that ...
    The fact that man through science has created the way to achieve pregnancy via invitro should be considered a gift from God .... NO?

If all children are gifts then I don't understand the problem?
    Is the church implying that these children are concieved through "evil" means?

One more thing .....

Please don't think I am dim for asking ..
    But .. If man is created in God's image and all that ...
    The fact that man through science has created the way to achieve pregnancy via invitro should be considered a gift from God .... NO?

If all children are gifts then I don't understand the problem?
    Is the church implying that these children are concieved through "evil" means?
    I think the problem here has to do with man deciding what god would want. I would like to see where any bible says " Do not have invitro".

That's the part that bugged me - others at the school had the same procedure!! IIRC, it was a board member.
    I read she's attending a Lutheran church now. They sure do drive 'em away, don't they?
    Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by ljwf22
    That's the part that bugged me - others at the school had the same procedure!! IIRC, it was a board member.
    I read she's attending a Lutheran church now. They sure do drive 'em away, don't they?
    yes...they do

And yet, they protect child molesters. Hmm.

It shows where their priorities are. Child molesting priests are far more important than children. Controlling women's sexual lives is more important than having a good teacher, or her having children. Not really a surprise to me.

in vitro

Guess it's a good thing the Catholic Church wasn't around when Jesus was conceived...

Shannon (waiting for lightning to strike me)

LOLOL Very good point!!

That entire immaculate conception thing certainly does take out the procreation equaition?????

Quote Originally Posted by TaylorJ4
    Guess it's a good thing the Catholic Church wasn't around when Jesus was conceived...

Shannon (waiting for lightning to strike me)
    Dang! Someone needs to tell the Pope about this! Mary might need to be excommunicated!

tennessee is offline Blew out my flipflop. Stepped on a pop top . . .

She should be glad she doesn't have to be around those people anymore. I guarantee God would approve of her wanting and loving two sweet little babies.

JMHO

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast