1214 users online (227 members and 987 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 21
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    6,103

    Bearfoot and pregnant..... Mothers Day gift

    This creepy little thing is apparently sold out for Mothers Day.
    Many though are offended by the "bearfoot and pregnant" slogan.Here is the creepy critter link













    15" Bear-foot & Pregnant
    Any mom-to-be dealing with those middle-of-the-night cravings will get a “kick” out of this Bear. Carrying a two-scoop ice cream cone complete with a pickle on top, she wears boot-cut maternity jeans with prego tummy, a scrunchy headband, and a pink and white maternity baseball top with rhinestone paw prints that says, “bear-foot and pregnant.”

    Available in Honey fur only.


    Click here for creative card message ideas for this Bear!

    Choose accessories for your Bear below.

    Catalog Item # K15726

    Sorry, this item has sold out!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    9,705
    WHy is it offensive??

    If your goal is to be home and barefoot and pregnant??

    I think those offended never wish to be home with no job and pregnant..
    BTW your barefoot because while preg .. your feet swell!!
    Being barefoot is nice!!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Dana Point,CA
    Posts
    52,752
    Quote Originally Posted by Amraann
    WHy is it offensive??

    If your goal is to be home and barefoot and pregnant??

    I think those offended never wish to be home with no job and pregnant..
    BTW your barefoot because while preg .. your feet swell!!
    Being barefoot is nice!!
    I'm with you Amra. Gotta have too much time on the hands to waste time being offended by this.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    6,103
    Quote Originally Posted by Amraann
    WHy is it offensive??

    If your goal is to be home and barefoot and pregnant??

    I think those offended never wish to be home with no job and pregnant..
    BTW your barefoot because while preg .. your feet swell!!
    Being barefoot is nice!!
    Hi Amraann,
    The feet swelling,is in this article.
    teddy bear article

    In the article it states why people do not agree with the saying.



    "Barefoot and pregnant" is a phrase commonly associated with the idea that women should not work outside the home and should have many children during their child-bearing years

    “Our intent is not to imply anything negative whatsoever,” said Badger. “In fact, the whole idea of being barefoot and pregnant does not have the negative meaning that it did before — it’s seen as empowering now, a way to let your hair down and kick your shoes off, and be comfortable.”

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    5,772
    I would have loved this as a mother's day gift when I was pregnant.....along with gift cards for pedicures, yummy lotions, etc

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    939
    this is the cutest 'almost mommy' present i have ever seen

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    17,715
    Too bad Britney bought them all up. (or Kevin)

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    9,705
    Quote Originally Posted by dark_shadows
    Hi Amraann,
    The feet swelling,is in this article.
    teddy bear article

    In the article it states why people do not agree with the saying.



    "Barefoot and pregnant" is a phrase commonly associated with the idea that women should not work outside the home and should have many children during their child-bearing years

    “Our intent is not to imply anything negative whatsoever,” said Badger. “In fact, the whole idea of being barefoot and pregnant does not have the negative meaning that it did before — it’s seen as empowering now, a way to let your hair down and kick your shoes off, and be comfortable.”
    I think the statement about the phrase being associated in a bad way is from one mind set..

    I just want to know who are all these pissed off women who were in fact barefoot and pregnant???
    Because I do not need nor did I when I was barefoot and pregant some body screaming for rights they presumed I needed...
    When I was barefoot and pregnant anything I needed and lacked was my own damn fault.
    I do not now nor then want someone with some agenda screaming for rights they felt I needed..
    In case no one noticed I can scream very well myself. The problem here is that some think that being "barefoot and preg" indicates some submission to a man.
    It was a womens lib arguement intoning women who were to dumb to work and therfore home barefoot and pregnant.

    In this day and age after equal rights came about and screwed up the world I think many would be happy to be home barefoot and preg rather then working to pay for daycare while they sign prenups...

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    4,530
    To each their own, but I've heard this phrase used in a pejorative sense more than once - by guys saying that was where women belong, and the only place they belong.

    I don't find it offensive - quite - but it depends a lot on who is giving it and what their intention is. It could be cute, or it could be creepy.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    31
    I don't think it's creepy. Their slogan is BEARfoot and pregnant, not BAREfoot and pregnant. I think it's very cute and anyone who is offended by it has a lot of time on their hands in my opinion.


  11. #11
    I have come full circle with this and am in total agreement with Amraann. My daughters are 42 and 38 and would have loved a bear like that..as a matter of fact,if they weren't sold out,they would be ordering them. Hell..so would I....reminds me of much happier days.


  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    6,103
    Quote Originally Posted by tweedledee
    I don't think it's creepy. Their slogan is BEARfoot and pregnant, not BAREfoot and pregnant. I think it's very cute and anyone who is offended by it has a lot of time on their hands in my opinion.
    tweedledee,
    They spell it "bear" instead of "bare",because it is on a bear..They do it alot with their bear slogans......
    They have a bear dressed like a cow that says "Udderly in Love",another says "grin and bear it" ..ect.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    6,103
    Quote Originally Posted by Amraann
    I think the statement about the phrase being associated in a bad way is from one mind set..

    I just want to know who are all these pissed off women who were in fact barefoot and pregnant???
    Because I do not need nor did I when I was barefoot and pregant some body screaming for rights they presumed I needed...
    When I was barefoot and pregnant anything I needed and lacked was my own damn fault.
    I do not now nor then want someone with some agenda screaming for rights they felt I needed..
    In case no one noticed I can scream very well myself. The problem here is that some think that being "barefoot and preg" indicates some submission to a man.
    It was a womens lib arguement intoning women who were to dumb to work and therfore home barefoot and pregnant.

    In this day and age after equal rights came about and screwed up the world I think many would be happy to be home barefoot and preg rather then working to pay for daycare while they sign prenups...
    Hi Amraann,
    For the last couple of days that is all we have been hearing about.(I am not one of the ones offended by the phrase,I post all kinds of articles in our news on here.)
    I used to sew them at home for extra money.I don't like them,but that is only my opinion.
    Thank-you for your post.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    6,103
    Quote Originally Posted by Details
    To each their own, but I've heard this phrase used in a pejorative sense more than once - by guys saying that was where women belong, and the only place they belong.

    I don't find it offensive - quite - but it depends a lot on who is giving it and what their intention is. It could be cute, or it could be creepy.
    Hi Details,
    Thank-you for your post.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    26,902
    I think its too too cute!!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Babypod- Would you use, or gift, this device to a pregnant woman?
    By K_Z in forum Bizarre and Off-Beat News
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 02-18-2016, 08:42 AM