1010 users online (132 members and 878 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Pregnant at 11 years old

So sad.

A CHAIN-SMOKING schoolgirl told last night how she fell pregnant during a drunken romp at the age of just 11.

The petite youngster found she was expecting after losing her virginity to a teenager during the boozy one-night stand.
    Lighting her third roll-up cigarette and watched by her proud 34-year-old mum, she confessed: I didnt think Id get pregnant because it was my first time.
    But Im really excited and looking forward to being a mum.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2006210699,00.html

Where to start - frankly, i'm a bit speechless at present.

her mum's proud of her . . .

edit -- the above link is no longer active, for some reason. please use the following:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/s...st/4764417.stm

This is just so sick and sad.

tennessee is offline Blew out my flipflop. Stepped on a pop top . . .

I don't even know what to say.

JMHO

SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
    Whoa! Drinking and smoking at such an early age? Where were the parents when all this was happening?

Quote Originally Posted by SewingDeb
    Whoa! Drinking and smoking at such an early age? Where were the parents when all this was happening?

The mother is apparently proud of her. I guess that doesn't say much for her parenting skills. It really is disgusting. She should be ashamed of herself.

A CHAIN-SMOKING schoolgirl told last night how she fell pregnant during a drunken romp at the age of just 11.

How does one "fell pregnant"? I hope there's a fair bit of outrage in Britain about this. So sick that mum's proud.
    Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. ~ Mark Twain

She smokes 20 cigs a day; that's not very good for the baby. The mum has an 8-month-old; large family evidently and will help with the baby.

Some of the comments below the article say the "mum should hang her head in shame", but where is the father? Why was the girl allowed to party in Edinburgh, drinking, smoking, etc. at age 11?

11 years old? 11 YEARS OLD?!?

What the ...?

O.......k..........

What is going on in our world? 11 year olds getting drunk, smoking, and pregnant. Wow.

Ok. i think the 'pride' bit comes in, on re-reading the article, on the fact apparently her daughter didn't opt for abortion.

the mum was upset to start with:

She said: I was upset and so was my mum, especially as shed just had my wee brother. I didnt really talk to her much at the time, either, so that made things even harder.

We had a big argument and I ended up locking myself in my room then running away to a friends.

It was really hard, but its brought me and my mum closer, which is good.

that's alright then - if it's brought you two closer together.

what was this woman doing allowing her 11 year-old to run wild?

Quote Originally Posted by Marthatex
    She smokes 20 cigs a day; that's not very good for the baby. The mum has an 8-month-old; large family evidently and will help with the baby.

Some of the comments below the article say the "mum should hang her head in shame", but where is the father? Why was the girl allowed to party in Edinburgh, drinking, smoking, etc. at age 11?

Apparently the parents split up 'several' years ago - can you say 'deadbeat dad'?

soooooooooo, i guess that means the father of the mother's 8 month-old isn't the father of the 11 year-old and there is another chap on the scene.

Where's the dude who got the 11-year old pregnant? Why is he still free? Why isn't he locked up???

Quote Originally Posted by Jeana (DP)
    Where's the dude who got the 11-year old pregnant? Why is he still free? Why isn't he locked up???
    Interesting: they've apparently pulled the story:

PAGE NOT FOUND (404 error)

The page you have requested is not available.

i was going to quote the 15 year-old boy may face charges (they'll be not getting much 'time' for a 15 year-old).

there wasn't much more about him.

i wonder if there's anything else on the net about this?

what would cause them to pull the story?

Update: the BBC has the story here:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/s...st/4764417.stm

in reply to your query, Jeana:

A 15-year-old boy is being prosecuted in connection with the case of a girl who fell pregnant at the age of 11.
    The girl from West Lothian - who would become one of the UK's youngest mothers - told a newspaper that she was looking forward to having her child.

The teenage boy is due to appear in court in July charged with rape because of the age of the girl, who is now 12.

here is a picture of the now 12 year-old's bulging belly complete with naval stud.

http://static.sky.com/images/pictures/1171955.gif

from this site: http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0...523408,00.html

The Mother should be charged right along side the 15 YO.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsMush99
    The mother is apparently proud of her. I guess that doesn't say much for her parenting skills. It really is disgusting. She should be ashamed of herself.
    I agree.....it sounds like this child is being treated as an adult and has been for some time.

Father Charged

Quote Originally Posted by Jeana (DP)
    Jeana,

He has been charged:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2...20088,,00.html

A TEENAGE boy has been charged with rape after a 11-year-old girl
    became pregnant, police said today.

The 15-year-old is due to appear again on July 10 at Edinburgh sheriff
    court having already made a previous appearance, officers said.

The charge came after The Sun exclusively revealed that a West Lothian girl, now aged 12, is set to break the record for being the UK's youngest mother.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast