Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    Hi Camper and all,

Like you say, so many questions flooding back, still unanswered, and the excuses for not answering them bare for all to see after three years. That is what Murder on a Horse Trail does, tells the story and lays what we know and those unanswered questions on the line.

Agents and publishers told me that it would take more than a year to publish the book, if anyone would take it on. With Condit intimidating the police, the press, writers, and the publishing industry with his lawsuits, who would take this on? I self-published to get this information out now while it is relevant. It is libel suit proof. I can't be sued for asking questions, questions like that found in the posts above, unanswered questions about why we still have unanswered questions.

Murder on a Horse Trail has sold a few copies, thank you, but not very many people know about it. It's in the review stage that a publisher goes through to get copies of the book out to reviewers before it's published. I and some others have sent some copies to some people we think will be interested in commenting on it, but I don't know that any comment will make it into a news article or review. We'll have to wait and see.

It's not quite news, not scandalous enough to get attention from tabloids, but there's a human interest story here that people love, an unsolved crime, internet sleuthers not letting it go, pulling it together into a story that reporters don't have the time and space to do. I think people will love it when they start reading it and start asking questions, like you do here. Maybe it will get some more people interested in web sleuthing as well. I think it will.

rd

Now I am very interested in reading the book. I did not realize that she was found so far off the beaten trail.

Quote Originally Posted by Camper
    ""There also seemed to be speculation about Condit's brother. I remember reading he was some kind of convict who happened to be in the DC area right when Chandra disappeared, and then was gone again............anyone remember that?""
    Are you talking about Hoppy, the younger brother? (his real name is Darrell, but Hoppy is his nickname) He's been in trouble with the law for years. He was arrested in Fort Lauderdale, Florida a few months after Chandra went missing. It was for a parole violation (from 1997) and possession of marijuana. To the best of my recollection, I don't believe he was in D.C. at the time of Chandra's disappearance. I could be wrong, though; I just don't remember hearing that.

Condit's older brother, Burl, is a police sargeant in Modesto.

LSun

LSun, you have atributed a post to me that I did not make.

I am posting the original post by Rubydoo, that had posted the information that quoted as belonging to me. I have highlighted the portion of Rubydoos post in red so that you may see who did write it.

Thanks.

-----------------------------<><as follows:

===========
    Rubydoo67

Hi Camper and all,

I live in the DC area and also feel it's a shame that this horrible murder was brushed under the rug.

IMHO, initially the police were actively investigating this crime. They staked out Condit's apt. They questioned many people, they basically said they believed
    that no "homeless person" or "stranger" had abducted her. For whatever reason, all this was backed off of when the remains were found. The finding of the
    remains was also weird.............many people think the remains were moved there a long time after she was killed.............

Rock Creek park is a beautiful park, full of hiking, bike riders and joggers. For the # of people there, it's not that common to have a mugging or anything like
    that. They do happen but no more so than anything other park. Rock Creek park is HUGE! Plus, I believe the place where Chandra's remains were found is
    VERY far off the beaten path.

I vaguely remember it being reported that Condit had secretly travelled overnight to Luray Cavern's area (in VA., about a few hours from DC) and was spotted
    making a phone call from a McD's parking lot?? Does anyone remember that?

There also seemed to be speculation about Condit's brother. I remember reading he was some kind of convict who happened to be in the DC area right when Chandra disappeared, and then was gone again............anyone remember that?

Personally, I think this is a political coverup........DC is governed by Congress and has no rights, representation of it's own. Solely relies on Congress for just about everything.........

I do believe Condit has a hand in this somehow.

Rubydoo

McAllister & Brocchini exchange...
    Opinions expressed by me, are mine, based on life experience, and known facts of any given case.

"""I am just a pixel in the universal plan."""

I cover Darrell in Murder on a Horse Trail and point out that while the Star quoted alleged fellow construction workers that Darrell was missing from work for a couple of weeks during which Chandra disappeared, the Star nor any other publication provides any corroboration of it either. .

On the other hand, I ask why no one has looked into where Darrell was May 1. If he wasn't at his temp construction job, where was he? Why wouldn't lack of confirmation of pay records for him in Florida from his temp labor company make looking into his whereabouts a requirement for an investigator? Was he missing from work? Did he return limping with a cane after Chandra disappeared? Did the Star make it up? Enquiring minds want to know.

rd

Quote Originally Posted by Camper
    IF you have not read the book "The Strange Death of Vincent Foster" by Christopher Ruddy it appears that your and my assessment of the foot dragging techniques by 'Investigating Washington DC bodies' is a well taught and learned ability.
    This book is very difficult to find, you just about have to 'know someone' or make dozens of querys to find 'it'

rd, you posted,
    Thanks, let me know what you think of Murder on a Horse Trail when you get a chance to read it. Only three books to go, and you're a slow reader? It'll be awhile.

rd

I will not be slow in getting it and it will be in my pile soon.

Amazon has the the Vincent Foster book!

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...glance&s=books

I have not posted here in a little while, but I have been reading the messages.

>>>I also remember something about a housekeeper male type, who did janitorial things in the Condits apartment. I seem to recall that he spotted Sado Masachistic things in Condits closet and reported it to the building manager and was fired, during this investigation period. Anyone remember that, perhaps that is in the link information, have not tried to access other links in the link except the one about the cleaning of Condits apt., and the link did not work there.<<<<

That is a good subject, Camper, that you brought up. I remember hearing about that janitor, but no one seems to remember him anymore. A guy like that does not just disappear, he is around somewhere.

All right, here is some new news. Well, it is new here because I don't see it posted yet. It is a couple of days old, but I just saw it today.

>>>"Levys open door for civil lawsuit"<<<
    http://www.modbee.com/local/story/8732824p-9609066c.html<<<

I saw this on a message by blondie, but not here. I think blondie posts here sometimes. This is real news, we will have to see what happens.

I am going to try to look a little more for that janitor that worked for Condit, or worked for the apartment house management.

benn8

I wonder if the Levys still have Billy Martin on retainer and if he would be the one to represent them in a civil suit??

I think they are waiting to see if a certain person prevails in his own civil suits and then they are going to go after this. I hope they do. It's time certain people were made to answer some questions under oath in this matter.

Here is what I copied out of the ModBee story, fair use.

>>>Susan Levy and her attorney, Paul Echols of Modesto, declined to discuss Chandra Levy's estate or potential lawsuits.<<<

The Levys also had another California attorney who was mentioned in a previous article. I don't keep a good file system on all of these names.

I don't know if Billy Martin is still involved or not. I think he is too much a part of the Washington scene to do a good job on Chandra's case. There will have to be some kinds of developments on the case now.

benn8

Hmmm

Betcha the janitor that cleaned Condits apartment could tell some stories. I cannot remember where I read about his getting fired for telling the SM story, or who got the story out of him. Do you think LE got the story, or a reporter?

I wonder if he is still 'alive and well'?

Whistle blowers seem to meet unsavory fates sometimes, or unexplained 'natural' accident deaths, or 'self' inflicted ?' gunshots.

Condit has certainly disappeared out of the news casts.
    Wonder what he does to keep busy these days. I am certain his retirement from Government office has kept him eating, and sleeping comfortably.

Maybe he wears a brown bag over his head when he goes 'out'.
    Opinions expressed by me, are mine, based on life experience, and known facts of any given case.

I had forgotten that janitor overnight. I did do one search for him last night, but there were too many hits.

It would be good to find a news story that mentioned him. I bet a lot of reporters had forgotten about him, and the police also. Of course the police are not looking for anything unless it is connected with Chandra's disappearance. To them nothing is connected to her disappearance.

The janitor lead seems to be the best thing going right now.

benn8

So far

I have no doubt NOT entered the precise information in a search engine, to pull up info on the "janitor' of Mr. C's apartment building.

Here is an interesting link, that may give one of you interested people a clue to work on, in looking for it.

http://www.mccullagh.org/theme/gary-...ut-july01.html

I cannot figure out in my pore hed, why residents of his building would camp out on the apartment building steps. It would appear that either the residents did not want the police in the building, or WHUT?

The longer I live, the more confused I get, about people and their behaviors.

I am wondering if the building offers apartment cleaning services to all the residents??

Busy day again today, carry on.

Hello Camper, I really have not had much time to look at that PM I sent to you about the man cleaning up Condit's apartment. I don't know how much NE says is truth and how much is fiction. That article mentions Carolyn's twisted thumbs, and also her having scars on her from a whip or something hitting her.

If all that was true why didn't we see more about it in the media? There seems to be smoke there, but not much fire, or no fire.

benn8

Camper, I am going to address this to you. I have not been around for a while because there was not much new, except "Murder on a Horse Trail." I have the ebook of that, as well as the paperback. I like the ebook because you don't have to read it all at once. You can do keyword searches. If you look up Geragos you will get the times that he is mentioned in the book, and the pages are right there for you to read, no thumbing through pages to get to where you want to go.

ok, I am going to answer your Joyce Chiang comments.

>>>Also did you ever note the unusual quality of the necklace that Joyce Chiang wore in her missing poster pictures. I thought it to be high quality jewelry that a 'friend' might have given to her. Also that the piece itself could have been tracked to the jewelry shop where it was purchased? Perhaps the same shop where the watch was purchased for a different friend of Condits, by Condit. I thought the piece so unusual that I actually made a duplicate of it for myself. All I have is speculation and observation, and reading and hearing information on the murders.<<<

Sometimes when one reads something again after a period of time the same writing seems a little different. What occurred to me here, Camper, is that you might write to Joyce Chiang's brother. He seemed very interested in trying to solve the case. If you don't have an address I might be able to get an address for him at www.justiceforchandra.com The key word here is communication. A lot of things are possible through communication.

There is up to date news about the Carolyn Condit v National Enquirer lawsuit that was supposed to be settled. I don't know if that is posted anywhere else on this site. A judge in Fresno, California has told the two parties that they must get together and agree on a written agreement, by the end of this month, or he is going to set the case up as a libel case in court. That is the way I interpreted it. You can find up to date stories by putting Carolyn Condit in the Google search line and then clicking on News.

I noticed something else that I wrote about the Otis Thomas story here, but I will get back to it later. It has to do with the ModBee so maybe I can write to them to try to clear something up.

cheers or God Bless,
    benn8

I don't know if this was posted, or not, but I find this to be quite telling

http://www.statementanalysis.com/condit/

Howdy, Benn8! I hope you are doing well.

Blessings to all and prayers for justice for Chandra, Lanie
    HelpForTheMissing@yahoo.com

Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast