905 users online (165 members and 740 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

The Dixie Chicks

I have to say that I loved them and their music. I do think that they are pretty much done now ever since Natalie ran her mouth.....What do you all think? http://people.aol.com/people/article...193665,00.html

Quote Originally Posted by michelle
    ...I do think that they are pretty much done now ever since Natalie ran her mouth.....What do you all think?
    I agree. Although we bought a couple of their CD's, that all ended with their comments and attitude. I don't even listen to their music anymore.

When will actors and musicians learn to keep their political views to themselves? Unfortunately, some of them think that they can use the public platform to espouse their political views. It's their choice, and they must be ready to accept all of the consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by nanandjim
    I agree. Although we bought a couple of their CD's, that all ended with their comments and attitude. I don't even listen to their music anymore.

When will actors and musicians learn to keep their political views to themselves? Unfortunately, some of them think that they can use the public platform to espouse their political views. It's their choice, and they must be ready to accept all of the consequences.
    You tell it!! That is so true. Remember when she wore that shirt that had FUTK, towards Toby Keith? So tacky....

You tell it!! That is so true. Remember when she wore that shirt that had FUTK, towards Toby Keith? So tacky....
    I know that Natalie is known to have a "big mouth" in the country music industry. All of the talent in the world doesn't matter when you piss off everyone around you. I see that Toby has gotten the last laugh, so to speak.

The exposure of the death threat coincides strangely with their comeback attempt.

If America can still listen to Michael Jackson Music after the initial accusations and OJ has a tv show..

I think the Dixie Chicks should be forgiven.

Hollywood and people love a downfall and a comeback. They will SOMETIME!

The Chicks are going to be on 60 minutes tonite.

I plan on buying their new CD. I love their music and don't care about their political beliefs.

Quote Originally Posted by Amraann
    If America can still listen to Michael Jackson Music after the initial accusations and OJ has a tv show..

I think the Dixie Chicks should be forgiven.
    I still like there music, I however dont listen to Michael Jackson.....Maybe when I was 10 I did..

Quote Originally Posted by jilly
    The Chicks are going to be on 60 minutes tonite.
    Thanks for the reminder I will watch it....

Whether I agree or not, I support their right to freedom of speech. I think death threats for exercising that right are extreme.

Thanks for the reminder I will watch it....
    YW! Me too!

Quote Originally Posted by Marthatex
    The exposure of the death threat coincides strangely with their comeback attempt.
    EXACTLY!!! How interesting....

Our radio stations here will not play their music! I used to love them, but have no respect for them now and would not listen to them.

If they really wanted to make an attempt at 'playing nice' they would have released a 'come back' song entitled 'Ready to Make Nice' instead of 'Not Ready to Make Nice.'
    Last edited by Jules; 05-14-2006 at 06:02 PM.

I'm curious, to those of you who still will not listen/buy their music, why do you still feel that way? I know what she said but I wasn't upset about what she said, it was where she said it (another country). IMO, to be disloyal to your home and bash the president of the US in another country was not commendable.

But she has the right to her opinion and even more right to say it without death threats. Not to get into a political debate, but look at GWB's approval ratings. She's not the only one who thinks he's awful.

Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast