The Dixie Chicks

michelle said:
...I do think that they are pretty much done now ever since Natalie ran her mouth.....What do you all think?
I agree. Although we bought a couple of their CD's, that all ended with their comments and attitude. I don't even listen to their music anymore.

When will actors and musicians learn to keep their political views to themselves? Unfortunately, some of them think that they can use the public platform to espouse their political views. It's their choice, and they must be ready to accept all of the consequences.

nanandjim said:
I agree. Although we bought a couple of their CD's, that all ended with their comments and attitude. I don't even listen to their music anymore.

When will actors and musicians learn to keep their political views to themselves? Unfortunately, some of them think that they can use the public platform to espouse their political views. It's their choice, and they must be ready to accept all of the consequences.
:clap: You tell it!! That is so true. Remember when she wore that shirt that had FUTK, towards Toby Keith? So tacky....

michelle said:
:clap: You tell it!! That is so true. Remember when she wore that shirt that had FUTK, towards Toby Keith? So tacky....
I know that Natalie is known to have a "big mouth" in the country music industry. All of the talent in the world doesn't matter when you piss off everyone around you. I see that Toby has gotten the last laugh, so to speak. :)

The exposure of the death threat coincides strangely with their comeback attempt.

If America can still listen to Michael Jackson Music after the initial accusations and OJ has a tv show..

I think the Dixie Chicks should be forgiven.

The Chicks are going to be on 60 minutes tonite.

I plan on buying their new CD. I love their music and don't care about their political beliefs.

Amraann said:
If America can still listen to Michael Jackson Music after the initial accusations and OJ has a tv show..

I still like there music, I however dont listen to Michael Jackson.....Maybe when I was 10 I did..

Whether I agree or not, I support their right to freedom of speech. I think death threats for exercising that right are extreme.

Marthatex said:
The exposure of the death threat coincides strangely with their comeback attempt.

EXACTLY!!! How interesting.... :snooty:

Our radio stations here will not play their music! I used to love them, but have no respect for them now and would not listen to them.

If they really wanted to make an attempt at 'playing nice' they would have released a 'come back' song entitled 'Ready to Make Nice' instead of 'Not Ready to Make Nice.' :rolleyes:

I'm curious, to those of you who still will not listen/buy their music, why do you still feel that way? I know what she said but I wasn't upset about what she said, it was where she said it (another country). IMO, to be disloyal to your home and bash the president of the US in another country was not commendable.

But she has the right to her opinion and even more right to say it without death threats. Not to get into a political debate, but look at GWB's approval ratings. She's not the only one who thinks he's awful.

mic730 said:
I plan on buying their new CD. I love their music and don't care about their political beliefs.

My thoughts exactly !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I can't wait to buy their new cd, and I couldn't care less about what they said about dubya. They aren't the only ones to criticize GWB, and everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Thank God for free speech ! It is a privilege so many countries don't have ......

Love ya chicks ! :chicken: :chicken: :chicken:

I never stopped listening to their music.

I don't really agree with their political beliefs but I don't tend to base my own points of view on that of a country singer or some movie star.

I love the Dixie Chicks and think their comeback will be successful. I think there are so many famous people speaking out about politics nowadays it would be hard to eliminate all of them for their views. JMHO.

Amraann said:

I couldn't agree more, if I had to pick out of the 3 I'd pick the Dixie Chicks.

You know I like thier music. I will not buy another CD of theres. And here is why. What difference does it make when they do a song about a soldier *An yeah the sone title escapes me right now* And Toby doing a song about WAR. But Toby explained it was a tribute for his Dad. Who just killed in a car wreck. Toby also offered a peace offering but they would not accept it.And I did not like remarks about our President . I do not care REP or DEM. we have to support our President

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brew23p
Back