Kennedy Plane hit by lightening

The Kennedy's don't have the best of luck with planes. I would be taking a car instead, bus, boat. whatever. I think he is the only with "Luck"

I think he has used up at least 4 or 5 of his nine lives.

Sounds like he had a good pilot.

Marthatex said:
I think he has used up at least 4 or 5 of his nine lives.

Sounds like he had a good pilot.
Hello Marthtex,
Apparently Karma was not the pilot that day.

"Only the good die young" Just kidding....kind of. I can't stand Ted Kennedy.

julia said:
The Kennedy's don't have the best of luck with planes. I would be taking a car instead, bus, boat. whatever. I think he is the only with "Luck"

Kind of a toss up whether Teddy has had good luck with cars... :rolleyes:
In a way, yes. On the other hand, no. Definite no for his passenger Mary Jo. The Kennedys certainly have good luck with law enforcement, though, don't they?

Eve

It's true the Kennedy family does not have a good track record when it comes to planes:

Joe Jr.
Kathy "Kick"
Ted
JFK Jr.

Am I missing anyone else?
I think I'd steer clear of planes if I were any of the Kennedy's. Ted was probably crapping his pants!

Well, multimillionaires tend to fly in private planes more than we commonfolk, I guess. I'd forgotten about "Kathy" - was she a sister of Ted's? Joe Jr. died in war.

But John Jr. KNEW his mother didn't want him to fly planes, and he shouldn't have. He was known to be reckless.

Marthatex said:
Well, multimillionaires tend to fly in private planes more than we commonfolk, I guess. I'd forgotten about "Kathy" - was she a sister of Ted's? Joe Jr. died in war.

But John Jr. KNEW his mother didn't want him to fly planes, and he shouldn't have. He was known to be reckless.

Marthatex,

Yes, Kathy was one of Ted's older sisters. The family nick name for her was "Kick". She was the one that the mother Rose disowned because she married a protestant.Only Joe Sr. and Joe Jr. were allowed to go to England to attend the wedding. That husband died in the war in England. After awhile she started dating a divorced man, I believe she was on the plane with him,when the plane crashed. Rose refused to go to England, for her funeral.Only Joe Sr. attended.Pretty sad huh?

capps said:
Marthatex,

Yes, Kathy was one of Ted's older sisters. The family nick name for her was "Kick". She was the one that the mother Rose disowned because she married a protestant.Only Joe Sr. and Joe Jr. were allowed to go to England to attend the wedding. That husband died in the war in England. After awhile she started dating a divorced man, I believe she was on the plane with him,when the plane crashed. Rose refused to go to England, for her funeral.Only Joe Sr. attended.Pretty sad huh?

Oh I vaguely remember reading about her now. Can you imagine not going to your daughter's funeral? Because she was dating a divorced man?

(And I guess Rose just pretended her husband wasn't doing "irreverant" things)

Marthatex said:
Oh I vaguely remember reading about her now. Can you imagine not going to your daughter's funeral? Because she was dating a divorced man?

(And I guess Rose just pretended her husband wasn't doing "irreverant" things)

Yes, things were a little different for the Kennedy boys. One daughter was given a lobotomy, one was exiled for marrying a Protestant/dating a divorced man, but the boys? Can you say Maria Callas, Judith Exner, Marilyn Monroe, Angie Dickinson and MaryJo Kopechne? And other indiscretions too numerous to list? Not to mention the alleged illegal activities of Big Joe. What a family!

Eve

Of course we might not be here today, if it weren't for Robert and John; so I won't hold Marilyn against them.

I remember the day of the Cuban Missile Crisis; I remember it well.

Marthatex said:
Of course we might not be here today, if it weren't for Robert and John; so I won't hold Marilyn against them.

I remember the day of the Cuban Missile Crisis; I remember it well.

Just pointing out the doublespeak/mixed up values/hypocrisy (imo) in their family of origin. Plus, I think MaryJo Kopechne would be here too, if not for Teddy.

Eve

Hypocrisy and male chauvinism, yes. Some of their political ideals and values we could use again today, IMO.

Was Mary Jo just getting a ride home or were they having a "fling"? I can't even remember now. I do know that politicians dating interns, aides, etc., even when married, was rampant, and maybe still is, whether a Kennedy or not.

Marthatex said:
Hypocrisy and male chauvinism, yes. Some of their political ideals and values we could use again today, IMO.

Was Mary Jo just getting a ride home or were they having a "fling"? I can't even remember now. I do know that politicians dating interns, aides, etc., even when married, was rampant, and maybe still is, whether a Kennedy or not.

I have a hard time trusting the values of a hypocrite. Regardless of politics. Unclear whether they were having a fling but I read that some LE investigating who have since spoken out think so. Yes, the intern thing isn't new, or over, but most of them don't end up dead, with everyone closing ranks around the responsible party.

Eve

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back