Wife 'didn't realise husband was a woman'

Floh

Former Member
Reaction score
A transsexual whose 17-year marriage to an heiress was nullified when the wife discovered her husband was a woman is not legally a "parent" of her 14-year-old daughter born from donor sperm, the Court of Appeal ruled today.
The female-to-male transsexual, referred to in court as Mr J, is now in law a man under the 2004 Gender Recognition Act and can lawfully marry a woman if he wishes.
But three appeal judges held that, because at the time of his "marriage" to Mrs C in 1977 he was still a woman, he had no parental rights.

http://tinyurl.com/nn9b4

and how could this be possible?

He concealed his true gender from her for 17 years, using a home-made part of the anatomy for sex. At a Court of Appeal hearing in 1996, Mr J failed in a bid for a share of the marriage wealth, including a £400,000 home.
At that hearing, Lord Justice Ward described the marriage as a "travesty" and said that many people would find it quite astonishing that in 17 years of life together Mrs C did not realise she was living with a woman.
:doh:

me -- i'm one of the 'many people' who find it quite astonishing! :eek:

It's not the first time this has happened. About 10-15 years ago a famed minor jazz musician was discovered upon "his" death to have been a woman living as a man for 40 years--with three ex-wives, one of which had no clue. Neither did "his" kids. A similar case was recorded in the 1880s out in the Arizona Territory (if I recall correctly) at a US fort/outpost. The wife of a career calvary soldier died suddenly while her husband was on patrol. When news of his "wife's" unexpected death reached the calvary officer by pony messenger, he pulled out his gun and shot himself in the head. As the women of the fort prepared the dead wife for burial--they discovered "she' was actually a man! The couple had been "man and wife" for 25 years, according to records.

I just can't imagine not knowing your "husband" was really a woman! Didn't she ever see him/her in the shower or without clothes on?? Didn't she ever touch his/her penis?? I just don't understand this at all. :waitasec:

Floh said:
He concealed his true gender from her for 17 years, using a home-made part of the anatomy for sex. :

If this person made a "home-made part of the anatomy" that she didn't notice was "fake" for 17 years, I think she/he needs to go out and make about a billion of those and sell them. Now that's incredible. ;)

Jeana (DP) said:
If this person made a "home-made part of the anatomy" that she didn't notice was "fake" for 17 years, I think she/he needs to go out and make about a billion of those and sell them. Now that's incredible. ;)
Oh that is great!!!:D

Jeana (DP) said:
Maybe it was a "snap-on tool"

Does this mean that the husband actually went through with the sex change surgery after the marriage? Maybe the heiress really did know all the time but is now using it against him to keep from parting with some of her money or sharing the child.

Jean said:
I just can't imagine not knowing your "husband" was really a woman! Didn't she ever see him/her in the shower or without clothes on?? Didn't she ever touch his/her penis?? I just don't understand this at all. :waitasec:
There are plenty of women who are repressed, so I would not be surprised. And someone looking to keep a secret like that would probably be more attracted to someone naiive/repressed, who wouldn't ask questions or know there were questions to be asked. A casual glance at Dr. Phil or any other talk show will reveal plenty of women (and men) who are still living in the same sexual ignorance as the the Victorians. Denial and self-delusion can become very strong.

txsvicki said:
Does this mean that the husband actually went through with the sex change surgery after the marriage? Maybe the heiress really did know all the time but is now using it against him to keep from parting with some of her money or sharing the child.
Maybe she only loved/was attracted to "him" when he was a woman posing as a man. But once he became a man "for real" (well, not really, since they can't surgically construct viable penii for transgenders) she lost interest.

Jean said:
I'm right with you on this...how is it possible?? we're talking 17 YEARS...come on.....:confused: :confused:

There have been cases of men actually having sex with their "wives" and finding out later that she was a he. Seems like it would be easier for a woman to add what she doesn't have than for a man to hide what he does have. :waitasec:

That doesn't really surprise me too much , considering , many wives don't realize they are marrying a psychopath either ..:slap:

j2mirish said:
I'm right with you on this...how is it possible?? we're talking 17 YEARS...come on.....:confused: :confused:
----------------

ROFLMAO!! I thought I was naive when I got married, maybe I was just nosey...

I thought the FAMOUS BROADWAY PLAY MADAM BUTTERFLY WAS BASED ON exactly this type of story, no??? Except that she was a man. or was it the actual ACTOR in madam butterfly that fooled everyone? I cannot remember the story but some famous person was married to what he thought was a woman. That to me would be even stranger.

Mabel said:
There have been cases of men actually having sex with their "wives" and finding out later that she was a he. Seems like it would be easier for a woman to add what she doesn't have than for a man to hide what he does have. :waitasec:

OMG! One of my coworkers was telling me about this documentary that she had seen about sex changes. They said (CAUTION MEN!!) that when a man is converted to a woman they split the penis and turn it almost inside out to make a vagina:waitasec: So If........:silenced: I can't even go there...somebody:slap:

blueclouds said:
I thought the FAMOUS BROADWAY PLAY MADAM BUTTERFLY WAS BASED ON exactly this type of story, no??? Except that she was a man. or was it the actual ACTOR in madam butterfly that fooled everyone? I cannot remember the story but some famous person was married to what he thought was a woman. That to me would be even stranger.
No, M.BUTTERFLY is based on that premise. I think it was amde intoa movie by David Cronenberg.
MADAME BUTTERFLY is based on something else entirely.

I married my first husband thinking he was a man, when really he was a mouse!!!:doh:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back