Delia Cly

tybee204 said:
The forum is available for viewing here

http://websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=105

Please use this thread for updates. If any news comes to the forfront regarding Delia we ill re-evaluate the forum at that time.

I can't post on any of the archived threads. It says "you may not post". Smile22 and itsreenw posted on the Delia threads, but I can't post an answer to them,

Those posts were made before I archived the forum. This thread is available for posting on Delia topics.

The Spotlight Forums are better reserved for cases with real vctims needing help.

tybee204 said:
Those posts were made before I archived the forum. This thread is available for posting on Delia topics.

The Spotlight Forums are better reserved for cases with real vctims needing help.
:laugh: Thanks!!!!

tybee204 said:

yay!!

Tybee:

I believe this move was a wise decision. It preserves the thread for a historical record of how why can be duped...but only for awhile. Unfortunately, the thread of the last few days had been heading toward divisivness again and that is not the purpose of Websleuths.

http://www.birthfamily.com/warningletter.html
Found this site and think it is terrible that a person would prey upon the mothers of missing children claiming they are their missing child.......Not saying this is Delia but wanted everyone to read this article---makes me wonder who this person is?????????????????????????????????????????

HeartofTexas said:
It didn't work for me... and neither did just birthfamily.com.
Hey guys, I did find this site and after I posted I went and clicked on it to make sure I didn't make a mistake. Last night it came up for me, and then I emailed Jan (one of the mothers who got scammed). This afternoon I came back and checked my e-mail and it came back as undeliverable. I am unable to get on the site now, don't know what happened. I promise you it was here last night. Maybe I have been scammed.....LOL

It worked last night, then stopped working when I clicked on a link to continue reading. (No, it's not my fault that it broke!)

The pages can still be accessed via the Google cache. I'll repeat my posting from the Anna Christian Waters thread:

It had worked for me when I first checked it, but while I was still reading there, it stopped working. However, the text of the page can still be accessed from Google's cache. This board won't let me post Google cache URLs correctly, but just go to www.google.com, enter http://www.birthfamily.com/ warningletter.html (and the update, http://www.birthfamily.com/warningletter_0803.html) into the search field, hit the Search button and on the result page choose "Show Google's cache".

Hope this helps...

spikydragon said:
It worked last night, then stopped working when I clicked on a link to continue reading. (No, it's not my fault that it broke!)

The pages can still be accessed via the Google cache. I'll repeat my posting from the Anna Christian Waters thread:

It had worked for me when I first checked it, but while I was still reading there, it stopped working. However, the text of the page can still be accessed from Google's cache. This board won't let me post Google cache URLs correctly, but just go to www.google.com, enter http://www.birthfamily.com/ warningletter.html (and the update, http://www.birthfamily.com/warningletter_0803.html) into the search field, hit the Search button and on the result page choose "Show Google's cache".

Hope this helps...
Thanks spikydragon, for awhile I thought I was having one of those old age moments. LOL

spikydragon said:

Hope this helps...

Here is a URL for that page in Google Cache When the URL is too long to post at a forum, simply go to http://tinyURL.com -- it takes maybe all of 25 seconds to get a small URL -- click below to read the page referenced above at birthfamily.com:

http://tinyurl.com/zlgal

Omg that poor woman.Shame on the lady who pretended to be her daughter,I cannot even imagine the emotions as she was driving up and down roads looking for this woman who was supposedly in labor.Some people are so cruel.

Oh by the way the original link worked just fine for me.

Hi there. I have some questions. I just now started reading about this case because it was brought up in another thread, which is also now closed.

So this person on here pretended to be Delia Cly? Hod did she get all that family history and all those stories? Is there really such a child who was taken or adopted??
Has anything since developed about this story?

Also, there was a poster I posted with in the Janet Abaroa thread who I had seen here in a lot of posts and referenced. Her name was ThinkOfLaura. I remembered the name because it is very close to mine, in a way, "PrayersForMaura".
Did that person "ThinkofLaura" get involved with this person and was she banned or did she ask to leave?
Not trying to stir up trouble, it's just that this case is fascinating to me with the web of lies weaved!!! Wow.

I just remember "ThinkOfLaura" from the Janet case and she was always nice to me, and sent me PMs. I noticed she has been gone for quite a while.

Thanks in advance.

PrayersForMaura said:
Hi there. I have some questions. I just now started reading about this case because it was brought up in another thread, which is also now closed.

So this person on here pretended to be Delia Cly? Hod did she get all that family history and all those stories? Is there really such a child who was taken or adopted??
Has anything since developed about this story?

Did that person "ThinkofLaura" get involved with this person and was she banned or did she ask to leave?
Not trying to stir up trouble, it's just that this case is fascinating to me with the web of lies weaved!!! Wow.

I just remember "ThinkOfLaura" from the Janet case and she was always nice to me, and sent me PMs. I noticed she has been gone for quite a while.

Thanks in advance.
PFM. Delia (Davis) Cly was her real name but she made up the most amazing story and out of our nature to want to help people, we believed her. Davis was her maiden name.

Long story as short as possible...Delia Davis married Rex Cly when she was 14 yrs old, making her Delia Cly. She claimed to recall being part of a family before coming to live with the Davis family. She said her real name was probably Samantha. (We started calling her Sam on the threads). We also immediately referred her to LE but she said they wouldn't believe her.

She told a horrific tale of a couple named Jessie Ray & Abbie Davis abducting her at approx 5 yrs old from an apple orchard in Yakima WA. They were seasonal orchard workers & had several kids including a daughter named Delia. "Sam" claimed her real family owned the orchard and the Davis's 5 yr old daughter, Delia drowned in the canal that ran through the orchard so for retaliation, spite or whatever reason, the Davis's abducted her to take the place of their Delia. They even made her say repeatedly that her name was Delia until she began to accept that as her name.

She told of terrible abuse such as Jessie Ray cutting off a dog's head and throwing it under the bed where she was hiding to prevent him from sexually or physically abusing her.

We had no reason to think anybody would make up such a twisted story. The name of the orchard was a real orchard, She gave real street names and landmarks. We researched and found the Davis's were in fact a real family and began picking their lives apart. Sam started emailing me acting as though I was the only person she felt she could talk to. I believe she did the same to others.

ThinkingofLaura jumped on the bandwagon and began writing these long mushy posts to Sam right around the time the rest of us started getting suspicious of the story. She became "Sam's" self-appointed spokesperson and had pretty ugly disagreements with me and a couple other posters. If we challenged something "Sam" said, Sam didn't answer, ThinkingofLaura did. It was almost as though ToL was really Sam, saying the things that Sam didn't have the guts to say.

In the end, Sam emailed me and made me swear not to tell but she said her niece found a box with newsclippings of a girl drowning in a canal and one of a girl being abducted. The box supposedly had a lock of hair and the names of the kids handwritten on the inside of the lid. Delia and Jesse Jr's names were crossed out. Jesse Jr died in a car accident years prior, That was verified.

So they were the two "dead" kids names. I sternly told her via email and online the same thing I told Kelly London... or get off the pot!! If she had that evidence she needed to contact the FBI. I gave her the # to call. At the same time she said the results of a DNA test she had done with her cousin confirmed that she was NOT a Davis as she had suspected. Daga and a couple other members asked her to post the results of the DNA test and all hell broke loose.

She said she never asked for our help and made a few more defensive remarks before canceling her WS membership. ThinkingofLaura did too. I think. Feeling like fools, some of wanted to find out the real story and identity of this woman. A member contacted her ex-husband who said she was a habitual liar and she had done this type of thing before. Pics of her and the other Davis kids showed they were definitely related. It was determined that she was in fact Delia Davis (Cly) and the Davis family was her biological family. What would make a woman spin a web of lies like that is beyond me. Especially to put her family in such a negative light.

BTW, I received a PM from Kelly London... She said she was offended by Tybee's post and has canceled her WS membership.

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why I was so direct in that post. Kelly London didn't want help, she wanted attention.

Weren't people sending Delia money to have DNA tests run? I wonder if the whole thing wasn't some con aimed solely at getting some, any money from this and other forums? This sort of money raising thing has supposedly happened several times on this and other forums. I think it could all be the same people at different times pretending to be different people who would really gain the sympathy of others. The story would have to be really detailed and have some truth to get people involved. There was even some wild story about a woman needing help on a fibromyalgia forum where I used to read. I sent the owner an email telling how distasteful I thought it was for her to allow someone to ask the forum for "help", which of course had to involve money, and I was in the wrong and not Christian like according to the owner.

reb said:
well,*i* was offended by "kelly's" utter wasting of our time and trust! that's what you get for trying to help someone... next time i will be more skeptical from the beginning, when someone asks for help. which is a good idea anyway.
thanks mods for putting an end to that frustrating madness. i just hope no innocent people are getting hurt in that scenario.. it would be too bad if we actually had a real chance to help someone, but couldn't.. but oh well, you can only do so much.
How do you know that Kelly wasted our timeor that we haven't helped? Have you heard from her ? If I am proven wrong I will be the first one to come forward and admit it.

Oh, and BTW I have heard from Kelly and the police are involved and the child was being interviewed by LE today, thanks to some help she received from some of our sleuthers.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laayla
Back