Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 230

Thread: Paul McCartney & Heather Mills split

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    7,845

    Paul McCartney & Heather Mills split

    McCartneys: We've split

    If the couple were to divorce, it is thought Heather, 38, could claim around 200m of his 825m fortune. The couple did not sign a pre-nuptial agreement.

    http://tinyurl.com/m8r2b

    I'm sorry to hear this. i wonder if she'll go after his fortune, or be content with just a few million and a couple of their houses?

    what to do, what to do?

    Update: Official statement

    The couple, who have been married for four years, said they had "with sadness" agreed to split after finding it "increasingly difficult" to maintain a normal relationship in the glare of the public eye.

    "Having tried exceptionally hard to make our relationship work given the daily pressures surrounding us, it is with sadness that we have decided to go our separate ways," they said.
    "Our parting is amicable and both of us still care about each other very much but have found it increasingly difficult to maintain a normal relationship with constant intrusion into our private lives, and we have actively tried to protect the privacy of our child," the couple added.
    They also said they would find the split "immensely stressful".


    More: http://tinyurl.com/m8r2b

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    16,383
    Well, well, well...I am interested in hearing this story and to see how it plays out. I believe that at least one of McCarthy's kids didn't get along with Heather and thought that she was a gold digger. Only time will tell...

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    7,845
    Ironically, Paul is 64 next month!

    "Will you still need me, will you still feed me, When I'm sixty-four"

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,654
    Quote Originally Posted by Floh
    McCartneys: We've split

    If the couple were to divorce, it is thought Heather, 38, could claim around 200m of his 825m fortune. The couple did not sign a pre-nuptial agreement.

    http://tinyurl.com/m8r2b

    I'm sorry to hear this. i wonder if she'll go after his fortune, or be content with just a few million and a couple of their houses?

    what to do, what to do?

    Update: Official statement

    The couple, who have been married for four years, said they had "with sadness" agreed to split after finding it "increasingly difficult" to maintain a normal relationship in the glare of the public eye.

    "Having tried exceptionally hard to make our relationship work given the daily pressures surrounding us, it is with sadness that we have decided to go our separate ways," they said.
    "Our parting is amicable and both of us still care about each other very much but have found it increasingly difficult to maintain a normal relationship with constant intrusion into our private lives, and we have actively tried to protect the privacy of our child," the couple added.
    They also said they would find the split "immensely stressful".


    More: http://tinyurl.com/m8r2b
    It is not known how Sir Paul's vast fortune will be divided should the couple divorce. The source said: "If they do divorce, this is going to cost Paul a fortune. He doesn't have anything in place to protect his assets and estates, which was something that always worried the kids."

    A leading divorce lawyer said: "She is not entitled to his Beatles and Wings fortune but he has enjoyed huge success in the four years they have been together.

    "His earnings are in the region of 25million ($42 million) a year at the moment. So she can expect half of 100 million. ($170 million) But because he is worth so much more she is also entitled to a certain standard of living. She would also receive a huge maintenance payment for their daughter. She will be entitled to in the region of 200 million ($340 million)."


    From The Macca Report

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    7,227
    Quote Originally Posted by nanandjim
    Well, well, well...I am interested in hearing this story and to see how it plays out. I believe that at least one of McCarthy's kids didn't get along with Heather and thought that she was a gold digger. Only time will tell...
    I believe it was Stella, the fashion designer. Frankly, I'm not one bit surprised to hear that they are splitting up.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    5,807
    Poor Paul. I was hoping he had found true happiness after losing Linda.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    16,383
    Quote Originally Posted by kato
    Poor Paul. I was hoping he had found true happiness after losing Linda.
    He does seem like such a nice guy, doesn't he?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    7,845
    Quote Originally Posted by kato
    Poor Paul. I was hoping he had found true happiness after losing Linda.
    He isn't an angel. i have no doubt Heather will be painted forever as the wicked step mother and a gold digger, which i believe to be unfair. but what will happen -- is happening.

    More background:

    Is it back to the lonely hearts club for Macca?

    According to those who know them well, the couple are simply incompatible. They want different things. At 38, Heather remains incredibly ambitious for herself and is a vocal and passionate animal rights campaigner.

    Highly commendable, but Heather is so passionate about such causes and so energetic that Sir Paul has trouble keeping up. Having achieved so much already, he would like to slow down, unwind from time to time with a spliff perhaps, if only Heather would let him. (She refused to marry him unless he gave up his cannabis habit.)


    http://tinyurl.com/f6b5y

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    16,383
    Canabiss habit??? Hmmm... I bet that Linda, a hippie from the hippie days, and Paul smoked together.... I wonder if he will be toking after the divorce...

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    7,845
    Quote Originally Posted by nanandjim
    Canabiss habit??? Hmmm... I bet that Linda, a hippie from the hippie days, and Paul smoked together.... I wonder if he will be toking after the divorce...
    I would very much doubt he would wait for the divorce to start 'toking'. in fact, i rather imagine today is rather . . . stressful, sooooooooo . . .

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    16,383
    Quote Originally Posted by Floh
    I would very much doubt he would wait for the divorce to start 'toking'. in fact, i rather imagine today is rather . . . stressful, sooooooooo . . .
    Maybe, his drug use played into the divorce.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    27,155
    I obviously don't know her, but from what I've read, she seemed to be pretty down to earth and involved in many charitible organizations and the organization that goes in and removes land mines. I'm sorry for the both of them that this didn't work out. I think after having the relationship that Paul and Linda had, it would have been hard for her to fill those shoes.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    1,426
    Quote Originally Posted by nanandjim
    Maybe, his drug use played into the divorce.

    If ALL he did was smoke a little... I seriously doubt that would cause a divorce. Even if he wasn't who he is and she knew about the marijuana before she married him that alone wouldn't make someone get a divorce. I have always believed that smoking was way better than an alcoholic. Marijuana smokers don't get violent, they don't speed and kill people in car accidents - they just totally mellow out. I have done both and the booze is more destructive by far.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    16,383
    Quote Originally Posted by miimaa
    If ALL he did was smoke a little... I seriously doubt that would cause a divorce. Even if he wasn't who he is and she knew about the marijuana before she married him that alone wouldn't make someone get a divorce. I have always believed that smoking was way better than an alcoholic. Marijuana smokers don't get violent, they don't speed and kill people in car accidents - they just totally mellow out. I have done both and the booze is more destructive by far.
    It wouldn't bother you, but it would be cause for divorce in this household. Heck, cigarette smoking would probably be cause for divorce here! That goes for either partner (my husband or me).

    The article says that Heather insisted that he give up pot before she would marry him. So, if she were that against marijuana use before the wedding, nothing would change after the wedding. Plus, now they have a child to consider.

    One more thing: Marijuana is still against the law in most places. So, even if you feel that it is better than drinking, you are putting yourself in jeopardy.
    Last edited by nanandjim; 05-17-2006 at 01:36 PM.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    1,703
    I am a bit suprised that they are splitting. I didn't see this one coming. I don't believe drug use had anything to do with it. I just think Linda was the great "love" of his life and he may have realized that nobody could fill her shoes.
    Just my opinion of course!!

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,607
    Quote Originally Posted by nanandjim
    Well, well, well...I am interested in hearing this story and to see how it plays out. I believe that at least one of McCarthy's kids didn't get along with Heather and thought that she was a gold digger. Only time will tell...
    I am always amused at stories like this. What an ego any man must possess to think that a beautiful woman thrity years his junior is marrying him for anything more than financial security.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    7,433
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachael
    I am a bit suprised that they are splitting. I didn't see this one coming. I don't believe drug use had anything to do with it. I just think Linda was the great "love" of his life and he may have realized that nobody could fill her shoes.
    I am thinking this also- My first thought was he is more than comfortable with the exposure he has had his whole life, including the life with Linda-- what do they mean they cant deal with the media/press? makes no sense. I cannot believe he was foolish enough not to have had a pre-nup--that was just irresponsible in my opinion

  18. #18
    sharpar's Avatar
    sharpar is offline If dogs dont go to heaven I want to go where they are
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Home of the Alamo
    Posts
    1,249
    Sir Paul is hardly just any man and I am sorry, they have a child together . I suspect the money wont matter much to him - he will fair with her for the child's sake. I think he is a decent human being in spite of fame and wealth . I Think it might be the attention factor more than anything else. He captures it easily and always will and she was a footnote. Only one of many ambitious married to wealth women working for causes.
    Some woman will be more than willing to put up with any his habits good or bad
    and live life at his pace fast slow or in between.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    3,056
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachael
    I am a bit suprised that they are splitting. I didn't see this one coming. I don't believe drug use had anything to do with it. I just think Linda was the great "love" of his life and he may have realized that nobody could fill her shoes.
    Rachael,

    I agree.
    I think Paul was still in the grieving stages over Linda,when he was first smitten by Heather. I believe he was subconsciously comparing Heather to Linda (tall,blonde,has other passionate interests), Heather fit well as a Linda clone.

    Unfortunately,I don't think Linda and Heather had the same personality ... and it took a while for Paul to realize that. Too bad for the both of them.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    27,155
    I'm sorry, but he's just too old for her. 38 and 64??? I'm sure there are relationships that have worked with that big of a gap, but maybe they just didn't have enough in common. Maybe she wanted to do things that he was just too tired to do.

  21. #21
    tennessee is offline Blew out my flipflop. Stepped on a pop top . . .
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    1,034
    Quote Originally Posted by capps
    I think Paul was still in the grieving stages over Linda,when he was first smitten by Heather. I believe he was subconsciously comparing Heather to Linda (tall,blonde,has other passionate interests), Heather fit well as a Linda clone.

    Unfortunately,I don't think Linda and Heather had the same personality ... and it took a while for Paul to realize that. Too bad for the both of them.
    I agree with that. It is just really sad that it took four years and a child for him to realize that.

    I just read an article a few days ago that she was at their coastal home and that they were still very much a couple.



    JMHO

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    7,845
    Hello, Goodbye To 200m?

    Sir Paul McCartney's failed marriage to Heather Mills could cost him a cool 200m legal experts say.

    One lawyer said the former Beatle will be "bloody sorry" he did not get a pre-nuptial agreement signed.

    Sir Paul, Britain's richest musician who made 48.5m last year, is facing what promises to be one of the country's biggest ever divorce cases.
    ***
    "But you ask any ordinary person in the street whether they think Lady McCartney should get 200 million after a four year marriage.


    http://tinyurl.com/ksw3j

    For those interested, 200m would work out to 377,329,066.11 USD.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    2,497
    This is why IMO people should marry someone closer to their own age. Paul and Heather are at totally different phases in their lives, neither are wrong for wanting to do the things they want. He's ready to slow down and she's still energetic and ambitious. It's only natural that they are that way.

    I remember when Eric Clapton married his current wife. She was in her mid 20's and he's around Paul's age. I remember thinking "WTF do they even have in common, she's young enough to be his child, maybe grandchild." It wasn't sour grapes on my part either. But they have 2 or 3 kids now so I guess they are still going strong. EC doesn't tour much now though.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Other End
    Posts
    25,354
    Quote Originally Posted by capps
    Rachael,

    I agree.
    I think Paul was still in the grieving stages over Linda,when he was first smitten by Heather. I believe he was subconsciously comparing Heather to Linda (tall,blonde,has other passionate interests), Heather fit well as a Linda clone.

    Unfortunately,I don't think Linda and Heather had the same personality ... and it took a while for Paul to realize that. Too bad for the both of them.
    I tend to agree with this.. Paul and Linda seemed inseparable and had a lot in common.. Heather could not fill her shoes. I think Paul jumped to fast into this relationship.. Maybe he's one of these guys that "needs" a woman and hates being single..

    From the pics I've seen of Heather, she didn't look happy.. I personally don't care for her...





    This post is my opinion only, and is subject to making me look totally confused

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    1,703
    Quote Originally Posted by PaperDoll
    I tend to agree with this.. Paul and Linda seemed inseparable and had a lot in common.. Heather could not fill her shoes. I think Paul jumped to fast into this relationship.. Maybe he's one of these guys that "needs" a woman and hates being single..

    From the pics I've seen of Heather, she didn't look happy.. I personally don't care for her...



    To me it seems like Linda was a real "earthy" person, she seemed pretty much no frills. I don't think she was into fancy stuff which Heather may be. I don't know a lot about either woman honestly. I do think the age difference was pretty big too. I agree with the poster who said that they are at different points in their lives. They really are. He's at the age where he probably wants to just sit back and enjoy life.
    Just my opinion of course!!

Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •