Paul McCartney & Heather Mills split

Floh

Former Member
Reaction score
McCartneys: We've split

If the couple were to divorce, it is thought Heather, 38, could claim around £200m of his £825m fortune. The couple did not sign a pre-nuptial agreement.

http://tinyurl.com/m8r2b

I'm sorry to hear this. i wonder if she'll go after his fortune, or be content with just a few million and a couple of their houses?

what to do, what to do? :waitasec:

Update: Official statement

The couple, who have been married for four years, said they had "with sadness" agreed to split after finding it "increasingly difficult" to maintain a normal relationship in the glare of the public eye.

"Having tried exceptionally hard to make our relationship work given the daily pressures surrounding us, it is with sadness that we have decided to go our separate ways," they said.
"Our parting is amicable and both of us still care about each other very much but have found it increasingly difficult to maintain a normal relationship with constant intrusion into our private lives, and we have actively tried to protect the privacy of our child," the couple added.
They also said they would find the split "immensely stressful".

More: http://tinyurl.com/m8r2b

Well, well, well...I am interested in hearing this story and to see how it plays out. I believe that at least one of McCarthy's kids didn't get along with Heather and thought that she was a gold digger. Only time will tell...

Ironically, Paul is 64 next month!

"Will you still need me, will you still feed me, When I'm sixty-four"

Floh said:
McCartneys: We've split

If the couple were to divorce, it is thought Heather, 38, could claim around £200m of his £825m fortune. The couple did not sign a pre-nuptial agreement.

http://tinyurl.com/m8r2b

I'm sorry to hear this. i wonder if she'll go after his fortune, or be content with just a few million and a couple of their houses?

what to do, what to do? :waitasec:

Update: Official statement

The couple, who have been married for four years, said they had "with sadness" agreed to split after finding it "increasingly difficult" to maintain a normal relationship in the glare of the public eye.

"Having tried exceptionally hard to make our relationship work given the daily pressures surrounding us, it is with sadness that we have decided to go our separate ways," they said.
"Our parting is amicable and both of us still care about each other very much but have found it increasingly difficult to maintain a normal relationship with constant intrusion into our private lives, and we have actively tried to protect the privacy of our child," the couple added.
They also said they would find the split "immensely stressful".

More: http://tinyurl.com/m8r2b

It is not known how Sir Paul's vast fortune will be divided should the couple divorce. The source said: "If they do divorce, this is going to cost Paul a fortune. He doesn't have anything in place to protect his assets and estates, which was something that always worried the kids."

A leading divorce lawyer said: "She is not entitled to his Beatles and Wings fortune but he has enjoyed huge success in the four years they have been together.

"His earnings are in the region of £25million ($42 million) a year at the moment. So she can expect half of £100 million. ($170 million) But because he is worth so much more she is also entitled to a certain standard of living. She would also receive a huge maintenance payment for their daughter. She will be entitled to in the region of £200 million ($340 million)."

From The Macca Report

nanandjim said:
Well, well, well...I am interested in hearing this story and to see how it plays out. I believe that at least one of McCarthy's kids didn't get along with Heather and thought that she was a gold digger. Only time will tell...

I believe it was Stella, the fashion designer. Frankly, I'm not one bit surprised to hear that they are splitting up.

Poor Paul. I was hoping he had found true happiness after losing Linda.

kato said:
Poor Paul. I was hoping he had found true happiness after losing Linda.

He isn't an angel. i have no doubt Heather will be painted forever as the wicked step mother and a gold digger, which i believe to be unfair. but what will happen -- is happening.

More background:

Is it back to the lonely hearts club for Macca?

According to those who know them well, the couple are simply incompatible. They want different things. At 38, Heather remains incredibly ambitious for herself and is a vocal and passionate animal rights campaigner.

Highly commendable, but Heather is so passionate about such causes and so energetic that Sir Paul has trouble keeping up. Having achieved so much already, he would like to slow down, unwind from time to time with a spliff perhaps, if only Heather would let him. (She refused to marry him unless he gave up his cannabis habit.)

http://tinyurl.com/f6b5y

Canabiss habit??? Hmmm... :waitasec: I bet that Linda, a hippie from the hippie days, and Paul smoked together.... I wonder if he will be toking after the divorce...

nanandjim said:
Canabiss habit??? Hmmm... :waitasec: I bet that Linda, a hippie from the hippie days, and Paul smoked together.... I wonder if he will be toking after the divorce...

I would very much doubt he would wait for the divorce to start 'toking'. in fact, i rather imagine today is rather . . . stressful, sooooooooo . . . :bang:

Floh said:
I would very much doubt he would wait for the divorce to start 'toking'. in fact, i rather imagine today is rather . . . stressful, sooooooooo . . . :bang:
Maybe, his drug use played into the divorce.

I obviously don't know her, but from what I've read, she seemed to be pretty down to earth and involved in many charitible organizations and the organization that goes in and removes land mines. I'm sorry for the both of them that this didn't work out. I think after having the relationship that Paul and Linda had, it would have been hard for her to fill those shoes.

nanandjim said:
Maybe, his drug use played into the divorce.

If ALL he did was smoke a little... I seriously doubt that would cause a divorce. Even if he wasn't who he is and she knew about the marijuana before she married him that alone wouldn't make someone get a divorce. I have always believed that smoking was way better than an alcoholic. Marijuana smokers don't get violent, they don't speed and kill people in car accidents - they just totally mellow out. I have done both and the booze is more destructive by far.

miimaa said:
If ALL he did was smoke a little... I seriously doubt that would cause a divorce. Even if he wasn't who he is and she knew about the marijuana before she married him that alone wouldn't make someone get a divorce. I have always believed that smoking was way better than an alcoholic. Marijuana smokers don't get violent, they don't speed and kill people in car accidents - they just totally mellow out. I have done both and the booze is more destructive by far.
It wouldn't bother you, but it would be cause for divorce in this household. Heck, cigarette smoking would probably be cause for divorce here! That goes for either partner (my husband or me).

The article says that Heather insisted that he give up pot before she would marry him. So, if she were that against marijuana use before the wedding, nothing would change after the wedding. Plus, now they have a child to consider.

One more thing: Marijuana is still against the law in most places. So, even if you feel that it is better than drinking, you are putting yourself in jeopardy.

I am a bit suprised that they are splitting. I didn't see this one coming. I don't believe drug use had anything to do with it. I just think Linda was the great "love" of his life and he may have realized that nobody could fill her shoes.

nanandjim said:
I am always amused at stories like this. What an ego any man must possess to think that a beautiful woman thrity years his junior is marrying him for anything more than financial security.

Rachael said:
I am a bit suprised that they are splitting. I didn't see this one coming. I don't believe drug use had anything to do with it. I just think Linda was the great "love" of his life and he may have realized that nobody could fill her shoes.
I am thinking this also- My first thought was he is more than comfortable with the exposure he has had his whole life, including the life with Linda-- what do they mean they cant deal with the media/press? makes no sense. I cannot believe he was foolish enough not to have had a pre-nup--that was just irresponsible in my opinion

Sir Paul is hardly just any man and I am sorry, they have a child together . I suspect the money wont matter much to him - he will fair with her for the child's sake. I think he is a decent human being in spite of fame and wealth . I Think it might be the attention factor more than anything else. He captures it easily and always will and she was a footnote. Only one of many ambitious married to wealth women working for causes.
Some woman will be more than willing to put up with any his habits good or bad
and live life at his pace fast slow or in between.

Rachael said:

Rachael,

I agree.
I think Paul was still in the grieving stages over Linda,when he was first smitten by Heather. I believe he was subconsciously comparing Heather to Linda (tall,blonde,has other passionate interests), Heather fit well as a Linda clone.

Unfortunately,I don't think Linda and Heather had the same personality ... and it took a while for Paul to realize that. Too bad for the both of them.

I'm sorry, but he's just too old for her. 38 and 64??? I'm sure there are relationships that have worked with that big of a gap, but maybe they just didn't have enough in common. Maybe she wanted to do things that he was just too tired to do.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back