720 users online (75 members and 645 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    512

    marie osmond

    did anyone watch marie and donny on LKL last night? i tuned in late and heard her say, i think, her husband has giant's disease? did anyone else hear that or know anything about it? it sounded very serious and i believe she said he is not stable.

    also, that is the strangest i've ever seen her behave on a show....she kept making jokes, laughing, acting kind of inappropriate....which is very out of charactor for her. just wondering what you guys think?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2,970
    kelly london,

    I'm surprised you noticed that about Marie,because I did too! I only watched it for a few minutes ... and in just those few minutes,Marie was joking around and laughing when she shouldn't have been. Even Larry just kind of ignored her when she was doing that.I felt uncomfortable for her.

    I hope she's okay .... I like her.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    512
    i heard her 9 year old caught their house on fire
    her mother died
    and now her husband has giant's disease....maybe her pain was causing her to laugh, joke and act inappropriately. i have never seen her like she was last night....very odd

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    816
    Quote Originally Posted by kelly london
    i heard her 9 year old caught their house on fire
    her mother died
    and now her husband has giant's disease....maybe her pain was causing her to laugh, joke and act inappropriately. i have never seen her like she was last night....very odd
    You know the laugh could very well be stress related. I am one of those who laughs when under stress and I make light of things. I think it is a defense mech....

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Posts
    743
    What is giant's disease?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    1,103
    I saw her last night. Marie is always laughing and joking around, so I didn't see anything unusual about that.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    8,860
    Quote Originally Posted by Hbgchick
    What is giant's disease?
    Just as it sounds - they continue to grow to 'giant' sizes.

    Here's a link:

    http://www.airleaf.com/synopsis.asp?bookid=431&order=

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    1,102
    CNN LARRY KING LIVE TRANSCRIPT

    Interview With Donny, Marie Osmond


    http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIP...16/lkl.01.html

    Snips:

    Marie's husband battles a brain tumor and more....

    KING: What does he have?

    M. OSMOND: Well, we haven't really talked a lot about it but he is -- I don't know what the exact word is. It's like agromili (ph) something. It's giant's disease. He's a giant and it's a tumor in the brain that they've done several surgeries for.

    KING: So his head has grown?

    M. OSMOND: No, his head has grown.

    KING: No, his head has grown? Everything ain't funny Marie.

    M. OSMOND: Yes, yes. You know that's what happens. He's different from when I first married him and that's how we actually found it was he was having seizures and passing out and all kinds of things.

    KING: Is this fatal?

    M. OSMOND: We don't think so at this point. You know, you wait and see and right now we hope that -- I told him if he leaves me with eight children I'll go to the other side and personally choke him.(More at link)
    ------------------------------------

    I am wondering if he might have "giant cell arteritis", not the "giant" desease?? Didn't he used to play basketball in college? I didn't read the entire transcript, but this family has really had some problems along the way.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    11,210
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean
    CNN LARRY KING LIVE TRANSCRIPT

    Interview With Donny, Marie Osmond


    http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIP...16/lkl.01.html

    Snips:

    Marie's husband battles a brain tumor and more....

    KING: What does he have?

    M. OSMOND: Well, we haven't really talked a lot about it but he is -- I don't know what the exact word is. It's like agromili (ph) something. It's giant's disease. He's a giant and it's a tumor in the brain that they've done several surgeries for.

    KING: So his head has grown?

    M. OSMOND: No, his head has grown.

    KING: No, his head has grown? Everything ain't funny Marie.

    M. OSMOND: Yes, yes. You know that's what happens. He's different from when I first married him and that's how we actually found it was he was having seizures and passing out and all kinds of things.

    KING: Is this fatal?

    M. OSMOND: We don't think so at this point. You know, you wait and see and right now we hope that -- I told him if he leaves me with eight children I'll go to the other side and personally choke him.(More at link)
    ------------------------------------

    I am wondering if he might have "giant cell arteritis", not the "giant" desease?? Didn't he used to play basketball in college? I didn't read the entire transcript, but this family has really had some problems along the way.
    I didn't see it, but I love her too. I bet she is stressed to the max! Poor girl! However, about the joke of her choking him if he dies? When I had cancer my husband said if I died he was going to have me cremated and put in a hamster ball(those little plastic things you let hamsters run around the house in) and kick my butt around the house everyday for leaving him. He said it when I was crying....and all of the sudden I busted out laughing. It sounds mean, but it wasn't at all. He just wanted me to know how much he needed and wanted me with him for the rest of his life. I hope everything works out for her. I love the Osmonds.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    East Bay, California
    Posts
    1,233
    I LOVE the Osmonds! My son and I watched the Larry King Show last night and really enjoyed the show. I admire both Donny and Marie...they both have been through some pretty traumatic times.

    Donny didn't mention it last night, but in another interview (and I really don't remember all of the specifics), Donny said he had a serious injury (to his neck?) while surfing in Hawaii. Then there's Marie, with everything she's been through these past few years.

    I did notice how much Marie was laughing last night...but on the other hand, she tends to behave that way when she's under stress. I thought BOTH of them were behaving a little on the silly side last night...they both seemed to have the giggles at some inopportune moments...and it looked as though Larry was getting a little frustrated with them both a couple of times.

    I had the opportunity to meet Donny when I was working for an entertainment law firm a few years back. He was by far the most gracious and nicest celebrity I've ever had the opportunity to meet. A genuinely NICE MAN...

    I admire Marie's ability to persevere through all of her hardships...I could use some of that positive attitude myself these days...


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    11,210
    Quote Originally Posted by Kim Ii
    I LOVE the Osmonds! My son and I watched the Larry King Show last night and really enjoyed the show. I admire both Donny and Marie...they both have been through some pretty traumatic times.

    Donny didn't mention it last night, but in another interview (and I really don't remember all of the specifics), Donny said he had a serious injury (to his neck?) while surfing in Hawaii. Then there's Marie, with everything she's been through these past few years.

    I did notice how much Marie was laughing last night...but on the other hand, she tends to behave that way when she's under stress. I thought BOTH of them were behaving a little on the silly side last night...they both seemed to have the giggles at some inopportune moments...and it looked as though Larry was getting a little frustrated with them both a couple of times.

    I had the opportunity to meet Donny when I was working for an entertainment law firm a few years back. He was by far the most gracious and nicest celebrity I've ever had the opportunity to meet. A genuinely NICE MAN...

    I admire Marie's ability to persevere through all of her hardships...I could use some of that positive attitude myself these days...
    Ok....
    I am jealous! LOL. I was in "LOVE" with Donny all my teen years. You lucky duck! Is he as good looking in person? I had posters of him plastered all over my room in jr. high. LOL.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    West Coast of Canada
    Posts
    6,306
    I always see her that way, (joking,laffing,), -she is very good friends with larry and grew up with his wife-she has really said..screw it..to the world of false appearances..she is just being real.
    I also loved what she said about tom cruise..that unless he is a female who has given birht he should shut up..

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    East Bay, California
    Posts
    1,233
    Dean,

    YES...Donny is still wonderfully handome! I'll never forget meeting him...

    Our law firm's receptionist had no idea Donny was involved with a deposition I had scheduled for that day. All of a sudden, as I'm standing next to this receptionist, Donny walks out of the conference room and approaches us. It was so darn cute...this receptionist was on the phone, looked up, and completely lost it. She couldn't breathe...she couldn't talk...she just sat there...frozen. Donny felt he had to do something to ease the poor girl's nerves and offered her candy and a few nice words. He was so unbelievably down to earth...

    And yes...I LOVED it when Marie said what she said about Tom Cruise. It reminded me of that phrase Jennifer Aniston's character RACHEL said on an episode of FRIENDS..."no uterus...no opinion." (Regarding the Braxton Hicks contractions Rachel had experienced.) I LOVED that comment...

    I can relate to Donny's experience with panic attacks. I went through those myself a few years back. It's a horrible thing to experience and no amount of breathing exercises, massaging, or other calming techniques could make my attacks go away. I finally went to see my physician and for awhile, I took medication to help me get through them. Donny's absolutely right...if you haven't walked in someone's shoes...you cannot judge.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    11,210
    Quote Originally Posted by Kim Ii
    Dean,

    YES...Donny is still wonderfully handome! I'll never forget meeting him...

    Our law firm's receptionist had no idea Donny was involved with a deposition I had scheduled for that day. All of a sudden, as I'm standing next to this receptionist, Donny walks out of the conference room and approaches us. It was so darn cute...this receptionist was on the phone, looked up, and completely lost it. She couldn't breathe...she couldn't talk...she just sat there...frozen. Donny felt he had to do something to ease the poor girl's nerves and offered her candy and a few nice words. He was so unbelievably down to earth...

    And yes...I LOVED it when Marie said what she said about Tom Cruise. It reminded me of that phrase Jennifer Aniston's character RACHEL said on an episode of FRIENDS..."no uterus...no opinion." (Regarding the Braxton Hicks contractions Rachel had experienced.) I LOVED that comment...

    I can relate to Donny's experience with panic attacks. I went through those myself a few years back. It's a horrible thing to experience and no amount of breathing exercises, massaging, or other calming techniques could make my attacks go away. I finally went to see my physician and for awhile, I took medication to help me get through them. Donny's absolutely right...if you haven't walked in someone's shoes...you cannot judge.
    I agree Kim. I saw a talk show a few years ago when he was speaking about his panic attacks. He is so cute! (LOL...my teen crush is still showing.) I admire the Osmond family. They are honest about their problems, and they stick together as a loving family. I think that is why so many older "teens" lol.... like us still love them! I would be just like the girl on the phone...I wouldn't be able to breath. He was my first crush!

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    5,335
    I love them too.

    Marie has gone thru alot. A divorce early on, raising a son alone for awhile. Remarrying and having more kids. Plus working. Her postpartum depression. The illness and death of her beloved mother. Her father's been ill and now her husband. God Bless her. Sometimes laughter is the only way to get thru it. I also think that Larry makes her feel comfortable.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Marie Osmond Re-marries 1st Husband
    By Malini2001 in forum Celebrity and Entertainment News
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 05-14-2011, 04:46 AM
  2. Marie Osmond's Son Commits Suicide 02/26/10
    By nadjatheresa in forum Celebrity and Entertainment News
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 03-02-2010, 10:00 AM
  3. Marie Osmond Getting Divorced
    By Dark Knight in forum Celebrity and Entertainment News
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 04-01-2007, 04:08 PM
  4. Maria Osmond Hospitalized
    By southcitymom in forum Celebrity and Entertainment News
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 08-05-2006, 02:36 AM