marie osmond

kelly london

Reaction score
did anyone watch marie and donny on LKL last night? i tuned in late and heard her say, i think, her husband has giant's disease? did anyone else hear that or know anything about it? it sounded very serious and i believe she said he is not stable.

also, that is the strangest i've ever seen her behave on a show....she kept making jokes, laughing, acting kind of inappropriate....which is very out of charactor for her. just wondering what you guys think?

kelly london,

I'm surprised you noticed that about Marie,because I did too! I only watched it for a few minutes ... and in just those few minutes,Marie was joking around and laughing when she shouldn't have been. Even Larry just kind of ignored her when she was doing that.I felt uncomfortable for her.

I hope she's okay .... I like her.

i heard her 9 year old caught their house on fire
her mother died
and now her husband has giant's disease....maybe her pain was causing her to laugh, joke and act inappropriately. i have never seen her like she was last night....very odd

kelly london said:
i heard her 9 year old caught their house on fire
her mother died
and now her husband has giant's disease....maybe her pain was causing her to laugh, joke and act inappropriately. i have never seen her like she was last night....very odd
You know the laugh could very well be stress related. I am one of those who laughs when under stress and I make light of things. I think it is a defense mech....

I saw her last night. Marie is always laughing and joking around, so I didn't see anything unusual about that.

CNN LARRY KING LIVE TRANSCRIPT

Interview With Donny, Marie Osmond

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0605/16/lkl.01.html

Snips:

Marie's husband battles a brain tumor and more....

KING: What does he have?

M. OSMOND: Well, we haven't really talked a lot about it but he is -- I don't know what the exact word is. It's like agromili (ph) something. It's giant's disease. He's a giant and it's a tumor in the brain that they've done several surgeries for.

KING: So his head has grown?

M. OSMOND: No, his head has grown.

KING: No, his head has grown? Everything ain't funny Marie.

M. OSMOND: Yes, yes. You know that's what happens. He's different from when I first married him and that's how we actually found it was he was having seizures and passing out and all kinds of things.

KING: Is this fatal?

M. OSMOND: We don't think so at this point. You know, you wait and see and right now we hope that -- I told him if he leaves me with eight children I'll go to the other side and personally choke him.(More at link)
------------------------------------

I am wondering if he might have "giant cell arteritis", not the "giant" desease?? Didn't he used to play basketball in college? I didn't read the entire transcript, but this family has really had some problems along the way.

Jean said:
CNN LARRY KING LIVE TRANSCRIPT

Interview With Donny, Marie Osmond

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0605/16/lkl.01.html

Snips:

Marie's husband battles a brain tumor and more....

KING: What does he have?

M. OSMOND: Well, we haven't really talked a lot about it but he is -- I don't know what the exact word is. It's like agromili (ph) something. It's giant's disease. He's a giant and it's a tumor in the brain that they've done several surgeries for.

KING: So his head has grown?

M. OSMOND: No, his head has grown.

KING: No, his head has grown? Everything ain't funny Marie.

M. OSMOND: Yes, yes. You know that's what happens. He's different from when I first married him and that's how we actually found it was he was having seizures and passing out and all kinds of things.

KING: Is this fatal?

M. OSMOND: We don't think so at this point. You know, you wait and see and right now we hope that -- I told him if he leaves me with eight children I'll go to the other side and personally choke him.(More at link)
------------------------------------

I am wondering if he might have "giant cell arteritis", not the "giant" desease?? Didn't he used to play basketball in college? I didn't read the entire transcript, but this family has really had some problems along the way.
I didn't see it, but I love her too. I bet she is stressed to the max! Poor girl! However, about the joke of her choking him if he dies? When I had cancer my husband said if I died he was going to have me cremated and put in a hamster ball(those little plastic things you let hamsters run around the house in) and kick my butt around the house everyday for leaving him. He said it when I was crying....and all of the sudden I busted out laughing. It sounds mean, but it wasn't at all. He just wanted me to know how much he needed and wanted me with him for the rest of his life. I hope everything works out for her. I love the Osmonds. :blushing:

I LOVE the Osmonds! My son and I watched the Larry King Show last night and really enjoyed the show. I admire both Donny and Marie...they both have been through some pretty traumatic times.

Donny didn't mention it last night, but in another interview (and I really don't remember all of the specifics), Donny said he had a serious injury (to his neck?) while surfing in Hawaii. Then there's Marie, with everything she's been through these past few years.

I did notice how much Marie was laughing last night...but on the other hand, she tends to behave that way when she's under stress. I thought BOTH of them were behaving a little on the silly side last night...they both seemed to have the giggles at some inopportune moments...and it looked as though Larry was getting a little frustrated with them both a couple of times.

I had the opportunity to meet Donny when I was working for an entertainment law firm a few years back. He was by far the most gracious and nicest celebrity I've ever had the opportunity to meet. A genuinely NICE MAN...

I admire Marie's ability to persevere through all of her hardships...I could use some of that positive attitude myself these days...

Kim Ii said:
I LOVE the Osmonds! My son and I watched the Larry King Show last night and really enjoyed the show. I admire both Donny and Marie...they both have been through some pretty traumatic times.

Donny didn't mention it last night, but in another interview (and I really don't remember all of the specifics), Donny said he had a serious injury (to his neck?) while surfing in Hawaii. Then there's Marie, with everything she's been through these past few years.

I did notice how much Marie was laughing last night...but on the other hand, she tends to behave that way when she's under stress. I thought BOTH of them were behaving a little on the silly side last night...they both seemed to have the giggles at some inopportune moments...and it looked as though Larry was getting a little frustrated with them both a couple of times.

I had the opportunity to meet Donny when I was working for an entertainment law firm a few years back. He was by far the most gracious and nicest celebrity I've ever had the opportunity to meet. A genuinely NICE MAN...

I admire Marie's ability to persevere through all of her hardships...I could use some of that positive attitude myself these days...
Ok....
:slap: I am jealous! LOL. I was in "LOVE" with Donny all my teen years. You lucky duck! Is he as good looking in person? I had posters of him plastered all over my room in jr. high. LOL. :blushing:

I always see her that way, (joking,laffing,), -she is very good friends with larry and grew up with his wife-she has really said..screw it..to the world of false appearances..she is just being real.
I also loved what she said about tom cruise..that unless he is a female who has given birht he should shut up..

Dean,

YES...Donny is still wonderfully handome! I'll never forget meeting him...

Our law firm's receptionist had no idea Donny was involved with a deposition I had scheduled for that day. All of a sudden, as I'm standing next to this receptionist, Donny walks out of the conference room and approaches us. It was so darn cute...this receptionist was on the phone, looked up, and completely lost it. She couldn't breathe...she couldn't talk...she just sat there...frozen. Donny felt he had to do something to ease the poor girl's nerves and offered her candy and a few nice words. He was so unbelievably down to earth...

And yes...I LOVED it when Marie said what she said about Tom Cruise. It reminded me of that phrase Jennifer Aniston's character RACHEL said on an episode of FRIENDS..."no uterus...no opinion." (Regarding the Braxton Hicks contractions Rachel had experienced.) I LOVED that comment...

I can relate to Donny's experience with panic attacks. I went through those myself a few years back. It's a horrible thing to experience and no amount of breathing exercises, massaging, or other calming techniques could make my attacks go away. I finally went to see my physician and for awhile, I took medication to help me get through them. Donny's absolutely right...if you haven't walked in someone's shoes...you cannot judge.

Kim Ii said:
Dean,

YES...Donny is still wonderfully handome! I'll never forget meeting him...

Our law firm's receptionist had no idea Donny was involved with a deposition I had scheduled for that day. All of a sudden, as I'm standing next to this receptionist, Donny walks out of the conference room and approaches us. It was so darn cute...this receptionist was on the phone, looked up, and completely lost it. She couldn't breathe...she couldn't talk...she just sat there...frozen. Donny felt he had to do something to ease the poor girl's nerves and offered her candy and a few nice words. He was so unbelievably down to earth...

And yes...I LOVED it when Marie said what she said about Tom Cruise. It reminded me of that phrase Jennifer Aniston's character RACHEL said on an episode of FRIENDS..."no uterus...no opinion." (Regarding the Braxton Hicks contractions Rachel had experienced.) I LOVED that comment...

I can relate to Donny's experience with panic attacks. I went through those myself a few years back. It's a horrible thing to experience and no amount of breathing exercises, massaging, or other calming techniques could make my attacks go away. I finally went to see my physician and for awhile, I took medication to help me get through them. Donny's absolutely right...if you haven't walked in someone's shoes...you cannot judge.
I agree Kim. I saw a talk show a few years ago when he was speaking about his panic attacks. He is so cute! (LOL...my teen crush is still showing.) I admire the Osmond family. They are honest about their problems, and they stick together as a loving family. I think that is why so many older "teens" lol.... like us still love them! I would be just like the girl on the phone...I wouldn't be able to breath. He was my first crush!
:p

I love them too.

Marie has gone thru alot. A divorce early on, raising a son alone for awhile. Remarrying and having more kids. Plus working. Her postpartum depression. The illness and death of her beloved mother. Her father's been ill and now her husband. God Bless her. Sometimes laughter is the only way to get thru it. I also think that Larry makes her feel comfortable.

And they called it puppy love
Oh, I guess they'll never know
How a young heart really feels
And why I love her so

Just because we're in our teens
Tell them all it isn't fair
To take away my only dream

I cry each night my tears for you
My tears are all in vain
I'll hope and I'll pray that maybe someday
You'll be back in my arms once again

Someone, help me, help me, help me please
Is the answer up above
How can I, how can I tell them
This is not a puppy love

Jeana (DP) said:
Oh, I guess they'll never know
How a young heart really feels
And why I love her so

Just because we're in our teens
Tell them all it isn't fair
To take away my only dream

I cry each night my tears for you
My tears are all in vain
I'll hope and I'll pray that maybe someday
You'll be back in my arms once again

Someone, help me, help me, help me please
Is the answer up above
How can I, how can I tell them
This is not a puppy love

Ahh, memories.

I'm a little bit country,
I'm a little bit rock and roll....

I used to watch Donny and Marie all the time!

Remember Donny always wore purple socks?

I hope all goes well for the both of them. They always seem so nice when interviewed.

I saw Donny years ago when he starred as Joseph in "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat". He was still a cutie!

Acromegaly (ACK-ro-MEG-uh-lee) is the term. Caused by a tumor on the pituitary gland causing hypersecretion of growth hormones. Most common onset between 30-50. Earliest clinical manifestation is coarsening of the facial features and soft tissue swelling of the hands and feet. Treatment is removal of tumor by surgery or radiation.

AlwaysShocked said:
Acromegaly (ACK-ro-MEG-uh-lee) is the term. Caused by a tumor on the pituitary gland causing hypersecretion of growth hormones. Most common onset between 30-50. Earliest clinical manifestation is coarsening of the facial features and soft tissue swelling of the hands and feet. Treatment is removal of tumor by surgery or radiation.

Thanks for the info., AlwaysShocked!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back