Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: PA - Ray Gricar, 59, Bellefonte, 15 April 2005 - #4

Hybrid View

PA - Ray Gricar, 59, Bellefonte, 15 April 2005 - #4

Continue Here please

New or Old info, not sure

Thank you Amra.

More witnessess come forward....http://www.wjactv.com/news/9218826/detail.html

I'm not sure if this is the shop owners we have already heard about in the last few days or if this is in addition.

Could be the same story....just from different news source?

Elite team to evaluate case

FINALLY!!!!!!

Centre County District Attorney Michael Madeira called Tuesday for an elite state police investigative review team to evaluate Bellefonte Police Department's handling of the disappearance of former Centre County District Attorney Ray Gricar.

Quote Originally Posted by luthersmama
    Thanks luthermama, I forgot to put link, I did put it in media links only...the article I was referring to, but forget to post here thanks again

Ahhh, the link I had was different...http://www.centredaily.com/mld/centredaily/14597149.htm

I think close to the same info though

I just want to say

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU MODS
    for making this a spotlight!! You rock!!

This case really bothers me - its bad enough that as a state worker you get paid bubkus, but then to go missing any maybe hurt because of your job... its horrible. I'm a state employee and a few of my corworkers have been threatened - one even had a bomb put under her car. We honestly don't get paid enough to deal with that stuff.

And if he disappeared by choice, I think his butt needs a good whupping for making people worry unnecessarily about him.

News this evening stated that Tony Gricar was in Centre County today to meet with police/investigators. He stated that he has spoken with police and with Patty Fornicola about the "sighting" in the Tyrone area antique shop and they feel it was definately Patty who was with Ray in that shop.

Tony Gricar feels that his uncle is dead, but wants all avenues investigated.

There will probably be a link available later this evening at wjactv.com.

Quote Originally Posted by Lili
    News this evening stated that Tony Gricar was in Centre County today to meet with police/investigators. He stated that he has spoken with police and with Patty Fornicola about the "sighting" in the Tyrone area antique shop and they feel it was definately Patty who was with Ray in that shop.

Tony Gricar feels that his uncle is dead, but wants all avenues investigated.

There will probably be a link available later this evening at wjactv.com.
    Did he state exactly what makes him believe he is dead lili? Foul play, suicide?

Centerdaily.com midday report

WOULDN'T you have loved to be a little bird in the room when Tony Gricar met with investigators yesterday in Bellefonte?

Tony Gricar, the nephew, was stunned like the rest of us when new information came out in the CDT about "missed leads" in the Ray Gricar probe.

centerdaily.com

This evening's News at 6: Today Tony Gricar traveled to Lewisburg....

Another tidbit: A book left on Gricar's desk was left open to Vacancy of District Attorney.

That was about it!

This evening's News at 6: Today Tony Gricar traveled to Lewisburg....

Another tidbit: A book left on Gricar's desk was left open to Vacancy of District Attorney.

That was about it!
    Get outta here!

Quote Originally Posted by christine2448
    Get outta here!
    No shlt!! They showed a picture of the book (like a legal type book) with the page open...right page the words "District Attorney" was the title. Talk about cryptic! This was planned...

No shlt!! They showed a picture of the book (like a legal type book) with the page open...right page the words "District Attorney" was the title. Talk about cryptic! This was planned...
    Can you find this info somewhere on web Lili, so I can show my sis and mom, they won't believe it!!!!

This case needs to be solved. I read the entire site the assistant DA who worked with him put up and there were so many red flags there. It doesn't sound as if it were investigated as adamantly as it should have been, but then we don't know what they did or or didn't actually do. It is troubling.

How does a high profile person like Ray G. disappear with very few clues?!
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.

Quote Originally Posted by SeriouslySearching View Post
    This case needs to be solved. I read the entire site the assistant DA who worked with him put up and there were so many red flags there. It doesn't sound as if it were investigated as adamantly as it should have been, but then we don't know what they did or or didn't actually do. It is troubling.

How does a high profile person like Ray G. disappear with very few clues?!
    I agree, the investigation was botched, can't say whether it was intentional or not. If you read back to Ray's brother's comments and the fact that to this day LE/Investigators have not said a word about Carolyns (IIRC that is her name, the coworker) siteing of Ray which blows their original timeline, something is wrong with this, very, very wrong.

I am still convinced this is drug case related, whether he was taken out because he was getting ready to blow something wide open, someone retaliated that he pissed off, get in line, a lot of people in the drug world with prior dealings and prosecutions, again, IIRC, something fairly recent happened and someting fairly recent, like that coming Monday things were comign up, all drug related. Or he had to dissappear for some reason.

One other thing maybe....there is always the option that some abuser got him, he did A LOT of work for victims of abuse.

I still really lean towards paragraph one.

I don't think he just walked away....at times I have seasoned the idea, but I just can't get it to sit.

Karen Arnold's manuscript

I was disappointed to see the thread gone from the CourtTV boards on her manuscript.

I think she was eloquent about Ray's character...I understand her point of view regarding the lack of leadership displayed after Ray's disappearance but think she took the internet message board thing too seriously. Any nationally renowned case generates its own wacko followers who try to insinuate themselves inside the investigation via the internet...Imagine if an investigator on the JonBenet case took the Bennett woman seriously...Oops that really happened!

After reading Karen's manuscript (and it is a manuscript because it is published on the web), I am more inclined to believe the murder theory. She made a big point about him not throwing county property (the laptop) into the river.

Likewise an honest, forthright, concerned with the victim type prosecutor is not going allow the waste thousands of dollars (if not more) on an investigation into his own fake disappearance or suicide. Frugal people (honest ones) are also frugal with other people's money entrusted into their care.

The one thing that makes me scratch my head is her near constant use of the word "paramour." What's her bone to pick with Ms. Fornicola to use such a word that has a lurid connotation over and over?

About 10 miles outside of Philadelphia, PA
    Quote Originally Posted by twinkiesmom View Post
    After reading Karen's manuscript (and it is a manuscript because it is published on the web), I am more inclined to believe the murder theory. She made a big point about him not throwing county property (the laptop) into the river.

Likewise an honest, forthright, concerned with the victim type prosecutor is not going allow the waste thousands of dollars (if not more) on an investigation into his own fake disappearance or suicide. Frugal people (honest ones) are also frugal with other people's money entrusted into their care.
    These are very good points however if Ray did orchestrate his own disappearance or commit suicide, he wasn't necessarily thinking the way one would expect. Whatever would drive someone to do either of those things would probably be enough to cause that same person to disregard the responsibility he has to others' money or county property. Some things are big enough and/or powerful enough to make us behave completely out of character.

"Be the change you wish to see in the world."
    Mahatma Gandhi

Remains found, could it be Ray??

http://www.centredaily.com/news/loca...ry/356858.html

Human remains found in Bald Eagle State Park

Sara Ganim

The skeletal remains of a human were found Wednesday in Bald Eagle State Park.
    State police at Rockview said the bones were found in Howard Township about 3:25 p.m. Wednesday. A forensic anthropologist determined the bones were human remains.
    Centre County Coroner Scott Sayers said he and the anthropologist’s team sifted through the gravel and dirt and found remains, which Sayers’ office will attempt to identify in the next several months.
    “They basically had somebody eye it up,” District Attorney Michael Madeira said. “As I understand it, it’s more bones and bone fragments than it is an actual body.”
    Madeira said preliminary indications are the bones had been in Howard Township for a “long, long time.”
    “More than five years, but that’s very preliminary,” Madeira said.

There are a number of unsolved missing persons cases in the county, most notably former District Attorney Ray Gricar, who has not been seen since April 15, 2005.

It would be nice if this case could be resolved for his family and friends. Does anyone know how close this park area is to where he was last seen?

Thanks for the update, Christine.

[QUOTE=Taximom;1938553]It would be nice if this case could be resolved for his family and friends. Does anyone know how close this park area is to where he was last seen?
    QUOTE]

Total Est. Time: 1 hour, 1 minute
    Total Est. Distance: 55.37 miles

[quote=Pandora;1939528]
    Quote Originally Posted by Taximom View Post
    It would be nice if this case could be resolved for his family and friends. Does anyone know how close this park area is to where he was last seen?
    QUOTE]

Total Est. Time: 1 hour, 1 minute
    Total Est. Distance: 55.37 miles
    Thanks Pandora.

Is that time/dist. calculation from Lewisburg?

How about from court house where he worked(didn't his coworker/friend Carolyn see him at courthouse which would have thrown LE's timeline way off...they never investigated this IIRC)

http://www.centredaily.com/news/local/story/358768.html

Found bones at least 20 years old

Pete Bosak

Human skeletal remains found Wednesday at Bald Eagle State Park are old — so much so that state police said Friday they are unlikely to be connected to any missing person cases of the past 20 years, including that of former Centre County District Attorney Ray Gricar.

The discovery of remains, found by people out for a walk along the lake, sparked speculation Thursday and Friday as to whether the remains could be those of Gricar, missing since April 15, 2005; Penn State student Cindy Song, who disappeared Oct. 31, 2001; or bartender Brenda Condon, who was last seen at the former Carl’s Bad Tavern in Spring Township on Feb. 26, 1991.
    “We are fairly certain, and all of our preliminary reports from the anthropologist indicates these remains are not going to relate to any of those cases,” said state police Cpl. David Montresor. “The anthropologist believes they are much older. We are fairly certain they have nothing to do with any recent cases.”

Skeletal remains likely not related to missing persons cases

Human skeletal remains found Wednesday at Bald Eagle State Park are older, so much so that state police said Friday they cannot be connected to recent missing person cases — including the disappearance of former Centre County District Attorney Ray Gricar.

The discovery of remains, found by people out for a walk along the lake, sparked speculation Thursday and Friday whether the remains could be those of the missing former prosecutor or two other Centre County missing persons, Penn State student Cindy Song and Spring Township bar tender Brenda Condon.
    “We are fairly certain, and all of our preliminary reports from the anthropologist indicates these remains are not going to relate to any of those cases,” said state police Cpl. David Montresor. “The anthropologist believes they are much older. We are fairly certain they have nothing to do with any recent cases.”
    The bones and bone fragments were found in an area that is under water most of the year, Montresor said, but became visible when water levels were drawn down during the winter. Investigators are looking into the location of cemeteries that were moved to make way for the dam and lake.
    Condon, a mother of two, disappeared from the former Carl’s Bad Tavern in Spring Township, where she was working as a bartender, the night of Feb. 26, 1991. The next morning, her car still was parked outside and her cowboy boots were found in the men’s room.
    Hyun Jong “Cindy” Song went out with friends the evening of Oct. 31, 2001, and was dropped off at her apartment at about 4 the next morning. She was never seen again, her purse, driver’s license and credit cards gone with her.

Gricar was months away from retirement when he took off work on April 15, 2005, and told his girlfriend he was taking a drive towards Lewisburg, where his Mini Cooper would be found abandoned, his laptop computer in the nearby Susquehanna River.

http://www.centredaily.com/news/brea...ry/358264.html

Wish I could find a copy of that book myself. Interesting!

Glad someone is taking a fresh look at his case. I think it can and should be solved.
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.

curious1 is offline So broccoli, mother says your good for me,well I'm afraid i'm not good for you!
    Still interested in this case. Still bugged by the fact that LE seemed to ignore or write off to many possible clues in the beginning.

As far as him being the WPP. At this point I would have to say no. Usually if it's someone high profile they make it look like a definite death I would think otherwise people, like us, would go around plastering his photo all over the place and someone would recognize him/her. LE found out about his brothers suicide years earlier and made up their minds that is what Ray did so they did not put much effort into the investigation. Then after public pressure they had to go back to the case and try to make themselves not look so incompetent. JMHO

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast