Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Trying to remember

OK...I have been thinking today about Ray...and a few things are in my mind..I have an awful memory, can someone help me with this?

1. Still no sunglasses or Keys found right?
    2. Did we ever find out about the cup of flowers found near his car..I don't remember?
    3. What about the cassette tape that was found? What came of that?
    4. Who all had LDT tests relating to this?
    Edit to Add
    5. They found a cell phone in the car, county issued...did he have a personal cell phone, if so, still missing?

Quote Originally Posted by christine2448
    OK...I have been thinking today about Ray...and a few things are in my mind..I have an awful memory, can someone help me with this?

1. Still no sunglasses or Keys found right?
    2. Did we ever find out about the cup of flowers found near his car..I don't remember?
    3. What about the cassette tape that was found? What came of that?
    4. Who all had LDT tests relating to this?
    Edit to Add
    5. They found a cell phone in the car, county issued...did he have a personal cell phone, if so, still missing?
    Hi Christine,

I can't get my mind off Ray today either. Here's what I think I know about your questions:

1. Right--still no sunglasses or keys. (Even early on, that kind of tipped me toward a maybe-not-suicide theory, since it seemed less likely Ray would take his keys and wear his sunglasses to go off and commit suicide. With 14 months and no body/no suicide note found, that seems even more likely to be so.)

2. From a poster on another board with pretty clear evidence he's "inside" the investigation--LE determined the flowers were apparently placed there by a woman Ray had helped in remembrance of him.

3. Can't provide a link for you, but I remember reading in the media that the cassette was determined to have no connection to the Gricar case. I forget what was on it, but media reports at the time were that it was a "nothing."

4. I believe the only polygraphs (at least the only ones we know of in the public) are PF and LG.

5. Help me out here, Christine. I don't remember that it was determined the cell phone was county-issued, but you could be right on that. Is that verified? It would make sense. I do remember PF saying that RG didn't always take it with him physically if they were travelling and stopped somewhere, as in, if they stopped at a restaurant, he might not take it inside and would leave the cell phone in the car while they ate. This was in conjunction with explaining that it wasn't all that odd that the cell phone remained in the Mini when it was found. So, bottom line--I can't answer your question #5!

On a side note, I pulled into a Sheetz market tonight to pick up some milk, and there was a red and white Mini-Cooper parked in front! What a spooky feeling looking at it shine under the lights in front of the store. . . . I almost half expected Ray to get out of it. If only it were that easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Louisa
    Hi Christine,

2. From a poster on another board with pretty clear evidence he's "inside" the investigation--LE determined the flowers were apparently placed there by a woman Ray had helped in remembrance of him.

this almost certainly cannot be,as those flowers were found within 24 hours of the mini-cooper if memory serves and i will try and go back to our very first thread a year ago. these flowers in a glass "juice jar" were found down by the river the very weekend he disappeared and still looked fairly fresh.

so i doubt that many would even be aware that he was missing by the time these flowers were found by LE, let alone needing a "memorial tribute" b/c early on no one knew how long this would last let alone the outcome.

Pa. state police start their examination of Gricar case

Pa. state police start their examination of Gricar case

Borough police have turned over all their files on missing former prosecutor Ray Gricar to a state police team that will probe their investigation.
    The state police's criminal investigative analysis team for western Pennsylvania, based in Bedford, took possession of a banker's box full of Bellefonte police paperwork at 9 a.m. Thursday to begin a six-week study of the case, Bellefonte police chief Shawn Weaver said Friday.

At the end of July, state police will discuss their findings with Bellefonte authorities and other Gricar investigators, Weaver said.

Quote Originally Posted by izzyB
    this almost certainly cannot be,as those flowers were found within 24 hours of the mini-cooper if memory serves and i will try and go back to our very first thread a year ago. these flowers in a glass "juice jar" were found down by the river the very weekend he disappeared and still looked fairly fresh.

so i doubt that many would even be aware that he was missing by the time these flowers were found by LE, let alone needing a "memorial tribute" b/c early on no one knew how long this would last let alone the outcome.
    Izzy,

Good catch! I was just reporting what this "insider" said regarding LE's take on the flowers. I should clarify, though, that it wasn't necessarily a "memorial" as in "we know Ray's dead" or anything. Maybe "tribute" would have been a more accurate word for me to use. I know that media reports were everywhere by Monday, April 17 that Ray was missing. Do you know for certain that the flowers were placed there that weekend? Does anyone know when the earliest public report of his disappearance was?

Of course, word must have spread via word-of-mouth pretty quickly even without published reports, I would think, from the inner circle outward. If the flowers were truly as LE said, from a woman that Ray helped in a professional capacity, I can envision that word of his disappearance might have reached her ears via the grapevine even before media made the disappearance public. It's not as if Bellefonte is a big city or anything . . .

Just my speculation . . .

Was the juice glass dusted for fingerprints?

Who would put them there? RG himself? If it were him, that would certainly point to suicide or voluntary disappearance, right? Was it a particular sort of flower that could have been a "sign" or "signal" to PF or LG?

Could PF or LG have put them there? Maybe, but if it were either of them why wouldn't they just say so?

Was it simply a tribute from someone who knew RG?

I wonder if somebody did come to LE (when it was reported that the flowers were found) and said "hey, that was me. I put them there as a tribute to RG". That's what I'd do, if I had put a tribute there and LE was wondering why they were there I'd just tell them it was me, you know?

flowers

i had a long and busy day and was not able to get to the first archived thread as i had hoped. i believe these flowers were down by the river that very weekend he went missing. i think (???) that LE discounted these from the beginning, so they were probably not dusted for finger prints. if patti got the car back in barely a week, i doubt they went to much trouble with this jar of fresh flowers. i will try and research this tomorrow. izzyB

OK. i went back to our very first thread. post no. 23 gives a link to a newspaper article no longer available. in my post, no. 24, i mention the yellow flowers that had been mentioned in that article. websleuths dates this post as 4/18, which is 3 days after ray went missing. for the article to have been published in the paper on that day, the 18th let's say, the reporter would have at least have to have had the info by the 17th.

i will contend that 2 days is too early for any "friend" of ray to put flowers by a river where no one even knows for sure he was at, and just b/c the car was found on the day of the 16th, two blocks from the river, you still will never convince me that those flowers found at the latest on the 17th were from a friend of ray's as a "rememberance tribute".

no, they were probably from a picnic, innocent, or involving ray. my opinions only of course.

overnight i thought more about the flowers and i now believe this was mentioned in that article published on or before 4/18/05, as something the police came up on when they first searched the river right after ray was reported missing. so those flowers were there even before the police first were on the scene there, and one has to think that very little publicity had gone out about the case.

at the time we wondered if perhaps ray had took some flowers there himself and sat for a while before jumping to his death.

for LE to dismiss this as a friend of ray's if wrong IMHO. it makes more sense that it was someone's picnic.

but the other thing i find interesting is the car that was stolen from the dealership, was it the saturday (24 hours) after ray's disappearance. was that ever solved? i remember that car theft was unusual in that area.

Quote Originally Posted by izzyB
    overnight i thought more about the flowers and i now believe this was mentioned in that article published on or before 4/18/05, as something the police came up on when they first searched the river right after ray was reported missing. so those flowers were there even before the police first were on the scene there, and one has to think that very little publicity had gone out about the case.

at the time we wondered if perhaps ray had took some flowers there himself and sat for a while before jumping to his death.

for LE to dismiss this as a friend of ray's if wrong IMHO. it makes more sense that it was someone's picnic.

but the other thing i find interesting is the car that was stolen from the dealership, was it the saturday (24 hours) after ray's disappearance. was that ever solved? i remember that car theft was unusual in that area.
    Ok, Izzy, you are rereading I was the other day, LOL....and I remembered the flowers, but forgot what the outcome was...so we never had an outcome on the flowers on WS? If so, I couldn't find it.

I am going to research this some more, maybe check the Q&A on Center Daily and if can't find there I 'll send this question in.

I remember the car theft too, isn't it amazing, we are on one thing, then move on and forgot about the other things, like the flowers, the car....I guess the cassette tape was resolved....so much information!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by christine2448
    Ok, Izzy, you are rereading I was the other day, LOL....and I remembered the flowers, but forgot what the outcome was...so we never had an outcome on the flowers on WS? If so, I couldn't find it.

I am going to research this some more, maybe check the Q&A on Center Daily and if can't find there I 'll send this question in.

I remember the car theft too, isn't it amazing, we are on one thing, then move on and forgot about the other things, like the flowers, the car....I guess the cassette tape was resolved....so much information!!!!!

listen, LE thinks they have "solved" the mystery of the flowers, but i do not!!
    the timing is all wrong for someone to go down there and leave flowers according to their (LE's) theory b/c ray is missing. how could that be when even the police are just starting to look for the guy??? they found the flowers probably saturday afternoon, sunday at the latest, for it to make it into the papers. who would high-tail it down there that soon, and on top of that know where to go and place flowers??? makes no sense.

this is why i think there is some kind of cover-up.

I am reading all back through the Q&A, interesting to say the least...I haven't read there in awhile.

I found this answer about the 'open law book', I was under the impression it was found on Gricar's desk..I did NOT know the following:

It was supposedly found on Assistant District Attorney Mark Smith's desk on Monday. I do not know if Smith was in on Friday. But all ADAs can come into the Courthouse on the weekends to work, with the proper identification to get into the building of course. So anyone could have put it there, including Ray. But former Bellefonte Police Chief Duane Dixon told me the book was not fingerprinted. So the book at this point is, to quote Shakespeare, a lot of "sound and fury signifying nothing."

I wonder if Ray had a LI policy, how much, when taken, who was beneficiary?

ANother thing that keeps coming up, LARA had and has complete control over Ray's finances...another thing I missed:

Q&A Page 6
    Lara Gricar has not reported any unusual activity in Ray's accounts, which she has complete control over.

The car was NOT Patti's everyone.

It was Ray's. But when he bought the Mini Cooper, in cash, he registered it in Patty's name. His reasoning, as told to police by Patty, was that he wanted his assets protected in case he was ever sued for wrongful prosecution, or something like that. So the car was Ray's, but registered to Patty

Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast