PA PA - Ray Gricar, 59, Bellefonte, 15 April 2005 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
FINALLY!!!!!!

Centre County District Attorney Michael Madeira called Tuesday for an elite state police investigative review team to evaluate Bellefonte Police Department's handling of the disappearance of former Centre County District Attorney Ray Gricar.

I just want to say

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU MODS
for making this a spotlight!! You rock!!

This case really bothers me - its bad enough that as a state worker you get paid bubkus, but then to go missing any maybe hurt because of your job... its horrible. I'm a state employee and a few of my corworkers have been threatened - one even had a bomb put under her car. We honestly don't get paid enough to deal with that stuff.

And if he disappeared by choice, I think his butt needs a good whupping for making people worry unnecessarily about him.

News this evening stated that Tony Gricar was in Centre County today to meet with police/investigators. He stated that he has spoken with police and with Patty Fornicola about the "sighting" in the Tyrone area antique shop and they feel it was definately Patty who was with Ray in that shop.

Tony Gricar feels that his uncle is dead, but wants all avenues investigated.

There will probably be a link available later this evening at wjactv.com.

Lili said:
News this evening stated that Tony Gricar was in Centre County today to meet with police/investigators. He stated that he has spoken with police and with Patty Fornicola about the "sighting" in the Tyrone area antique shop and they feel it was definately Patty who was with Ray in that shop.

Tony Gricar feels that his uncle is dead, but wants all avenues investigated.

There will probably be a link available later this evening at wjactv.com.
Did he state exactly what makes him believe he is dead lili? Foul play, suicide?

No Cristine, in fact a news brief was just on during commercials and the morning girl again repeated that Tony Gricar was in Bellefonte to discuss new leads, etc. and that Tony is convinced that Ray is deceased. No addition explaination.

Now that I am able to have a tv running in my background, I keep it turned to this local channel most of the time. This is a link to the videos available, but it isn't the evening news that gave an interview with Tony Gricar. If you scroll down to the play bar on the right side, click play and I think you can watch it. http://www.wjactv.com/video/9236609/index.html

Thanks Lili...keep us posted....thanks for everything you do on here for us who are so far away, yet, still so very concerned and confused!

He stated that he has spoken with police and with Patty Fornicola about the "sighting" in the Tyrone area antique shop and they feel it was definately Patty who was with Ray in that shop.
I continue to be curious about this statement. The woman in the shop sure didn't match Patty's description in the least. She might want to believe it was her just to save face or not to want to believe or admit that there might have been something else going on, but I'm not sure about Tony though. I'd like to know why he is so convinced that it was her also. Seems like there must be a piece missing...

WOULDN'T you have loved to be a little bird in the room when Tony Gricar met with investigators yesterday in Bellefonte?

Tony Gricar, the nephew, was stunned like the rest of us when new information came out in the CDT about "missed leads" in the Ray Gricar probe.

centerdaily.com

This evening's News at 6: Today Tony Gricar traveled to Lewisburg....

Another tidbit: A book left on Gricar's desk was left open to Vacancy of District Attorney. :eek:

That was about it! :confused:

Lili said:
This evening's News at 6: Today Tony Gricar traveled to Lewisburg....

Another tidbit: A book left on Gricar's desk was left open to Vacancy of District Attorney. :eek:

That was about it! :confused:
Get outta here!

christine2448 said:
Get outta here!
No shlt!! They showed a picture of the book (like a legal type book) with the page open...right page the words "District Attorney" was the title. Talk about cryptic! This was planned...

Lili said:
No shlt!! They showed a picture of the book (like a legal type book) with the page open...right page the words "District Attorney" was the title. Talk about cryptic! This was planned...
Can you find this info somewhere on web Lili, so I can show my sis and mom, they won't believe it!!!!

christine2448 said:
Can you find this info somewhere on web Lili, so I can show my sis and mom, they won't believe it!!!!
I will keep checking, but this was just on, minutes ago...I keep checking wjactv.com and centredaileytimes.com

Edited to add: I wonder if this is the reason Tony is convinced that he is dead!

Lili said:
I will keep checking, but this was just on, minutes ago...I keep checking wjactv.com and centredaileytimes.com
Thanks, cause they won't believe me...this is very personal for them...I mean for me too, but more for them...they were more heavily involved with the dealings with him...my sister is very upset by this whole thing.

Lili said:

Edited to add: I wonder if this is the reason Tony is convinced that he is dead!
You know lil, I wonder if this is part of a cover up, cause of everything that is going on....ya know? Maybe now, to stop the investigating team from uncovering something, this is coming out...to MAKE IT LOOK like he left on his own accord??

christine2448 said:
You know lil, I wonder if this is part of a cover up, cause of everything that is going on....ya know? Maybe now, to stop the investigating team from uncovering something, this is coming out...to MAKE IT LOOK like he left on his own accord??
I have thought about that. There was a search, but not as extensive as I would have thought being that he was the DA. Then there was the big drug bust that he was involved with shortly before he disappeared. Then this week:
"STATE COLLEGE -- Local and state police nabbed 10 people early Tuesday morning, capping a 17-month investigation into an alleged Centre County crack cocaine distribution network.

But State College resident Michael Wright, whom police call the kingpin of the ring, remains at large.

Conducted by State College police, the state police Troop G Vice and Narcotics Unit and the Centre County District Attorney's Office, the investigation produced arrest warrants for 15 people who face 116 felony charges and 32 misdemeanor charges. Most are residents of Centre County.

Most ... face multiple counts of delivery of crack cocaine, conspiracy to deliver crack cocaine and other charges. They were arraigned before District Judge Carmine Prestia, who set bail in amounts ranging from $2,500 to $125,000. Some could face federal prosecution."
Read the full story: http://www.centredaily.com/mld/centredaily/news/local/14597150.htm

Names/bail: http://www.centredaily.com/mld/centredaily/news/local/14597141.htm

Sometimes, when I think about the Luna case, I think maybe he is under protection, or under cover. The sightings with "mystery woman" may have been to aid in his "disappearance." There is always HOPE. But I just can't imagine how it would feel to leave your loved ones thinking you are dead!!

I hope he's sitting in some comfortable chair somewhere, reading all the forums on the internet about him. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth