1153 users online (243 members and 910 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Pat Robertson Talks to God Again....

It seems like good ol' Pat is once again having a one-on-one with God.

Robertson: God Says Tsunami Possible For U.S.

VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. -- The Rev. Pat Robertson says God has told him that storms and possibly a tsunami will hit America's coastline this year.

The founder of the Christian Broadcasting Network has told viewers of "The 700 Club" that the revelations came to him during his annual personal prayer retreat in January.

"If I heard the Lord right about 2006, the coasts of America will be lashed by storms," Robertson said May 8.

He added specifics in Wednesday's show.

"There well may be something as bad as a tsunami in the Pacific Northwest," he said."

It seems like God would have been more specific with Pat than just "there well may be a tsunami", doesn't it? And when I hear Pat say "If I heard the Lord right about 2006, it makes me wonder if they were on a cell phone and Pat experienced one of those "can you hear me" moments?

http://www.wftv.com/news/9235304/detail.html

I really do think old Pat is just plain crazy! I wonder if he has a lot of followers anymore, does anyone know?

Tsunami: a very large ocean wave caused by an underwater earthquake or volcanic eruption.

Hurricane: A severe tropical cyclone originating in the equatorial regions of the Atlantic Ocean or Caribbean Sea or eastern regions of the Pacific Ocean, traveling north, northwest, or northeast from its point of origin, and usually involving heavy rains. (www.answers.com)

Forgive me if I sound like a ding a ling, but has America ever been hit by a tsunami? For that matter, is it possible?

I don't really know who he is but from reading reports about him he's fond of putting his foot in his mouth and making predictions isn't he?

I wonder if he's been tested for Alzheimer's?

"If I heard the Lord right about 2006, the coasts of America will be lashed by storms," Robertson said May 8.

LOL .... sounds to me like good 'ole Pat didn't hear the Lord at all ... he heard "The Weather Channel" just like the rest of us!

Quote Originally Posted by BhamMama
    Forgive me if I sound like a ding a ling, but has America ever been hit by a tsunami? For that matter, is it possible?

I don't really know who he is but from reading reports about him he's fond of putting his foot in his mouth and making predictions isn't he?
    According to this guy, yes:

By David Pacchioli
    Research/Penn State

This question gained currency after the catastrophic Sumatran earthquake and tsunami of December 2004. Nine months later interest in tsunamis was all but washed away by the deadly Gulf Coast hurricanes, Katrina and Rita.

The natural tendency to shift attention to the next big thing already has impacted the worldwide tsunami recovery effort, said Penn State geophysicist Kevin Furlong. It also may obscure a significant danger closer to home.

"Do we have a potential tsunami hazard in the U.S.?" Furlong asked. "Unfortunately, the answer is yes -- big time."

Undersea landslides triggered by small earthquakes could generate localized tsunamis along the coast of southern California -- but also, he noted, along the east coast. A volcanic landslide in the Canary Islands, British scientists have predicted, could produce a giant tsunami that would wreak havoc as far as Florida.

But Furlong's biggest concern is the so-called Cascadia Subduction Zone, a 600-mile fault formed by the meeting of two tectonic plates off the Pacific coast between northern California and central Vancouver Island. "At some point this area will host an earthquake and tsunami comparable in size to what happened in December in Sumatra," he said flatly. "And when it happens, we can expect a similar pattern of devastation."

Link:http://live.psu.edu/story/14499
    Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. ~ Mark Twain

tennessee is offline Blew out my flipflop. Stepped on a pop top . . .
    Tsunami: a very large ocean wave caused by an underwater earthquake or volcanic eruption.

Hurricane: A severe tropical cyclone originating in the equatorial regions of the Atlantic Ocean or Caribbean Sea or eastern regions of the Pacific Ocean, traveling north, northwest, or northeast from its point of origin, and usually involving heavy rains. (www.answers.com)

Yes. In 1964.

http://wcatwc.arh.noaa.gov/64quake.htm

I have watched shows about this on Discovery. It was catastrophic. There is also thought to have been a major tsunami at another time in a cove in Alaska. I forget the exact place. You can actually see a disturbance in the tree line of the mountains around the cove. The theory is that a large section fell off an iceberg and that it was large enough to cause a tsunami.

It is not unlikely that another will happen sometime. However, I will have to ask my cat and find the exact date.

JMHO

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Whatever Pat.

He is such a moron.

Quote Originally Posted by tennessee
    Yes. In 1964.

I have watched shows about this on Discovery. It was catastrophic. There is also thought to have been a major tsunami at another time in a cove in Alaska. I forget the exact place. You can actually see a disturbance in the tree line of the mountains around the cove. The theory is that a large section fell off an iceberg and that it was large enough to cause a tsunami.

It is not unlikely that another will happen sometime. However, I will have to ask my cat and find the exact date.

JMHO
    thanks for the info, tennessee....i think i saw a documentary on this, awhile back.....

i'm also interested to hear what your cat has to say

Well, yesterday he was having one of his money drives. He was trying to raise $300,000 in an hour. I didn't see if he made it or not. He just about drives me crazy. I only get one channel here, so if I want to watch tv at 10 in the morning, he's all that's on. EEGADS!!!!!!
    "If at first you don't succeed, skydiving isn't for you!"

The above post is my opinion and my opinion only. Please do not copy and past to other forums.

Quote Originally Posted by ljwf22
    According to this guy, yes:

Thank you!! Interesting read!

Quote Originally Posted by tennessee
    Yes. In 1964.

JMHO
    Thank you for that info! I'd also like to know what your cat has to say...for research reasons of course lol

I think the cat has just as good a chance of having talked with God recently as Pat does. Probably more.

[

?

Hi BhamaMama...When I was little, early 60's we went to Cresent City CA a couple of days after a tsunami or tidal wave hit...the one talked about in an earlier post. I remember stuff everywhere!

In Oregon, all of our coastal towns have to have a tsunami warning system. Evacuation routes are posted on the streets and in hotel rooms. The towns occasionally have drills as well, not where they evacuate the citizens/visitors but the emergency preparedness folks.

It certainly isn't something to be frightened about but instead aware of. Our local news will update the tsunami potential whenever there is an earthquake in the Pacific Rim...

Lynie

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast