GUILTY SC - Natalia Holmes, 18, stabbed to death, Conway, 18 May 2006

opme

Reaction score
http://kevxml2adsl.verizon.net/_1_I2TO109UL7OP__vzn.dsl/apnws/story.htm?kcfg=apart&sin=D8HM9E3O0&qcat=usnews&ran=21415&passqi=&feed=ap&top=1

CONWAY, S.C. -

One man has been arrested after the stabbing, which happened around 8 a.m. in the parking lot of Carolina Forest Middle School, said Bob Carr of the Horry County Police Department.

The girl was stabbed near a student drop-off location as students were arriving for school. The victim was transported to Conway Medical Center where she died, Horry County Deputy Coroner Dan Bellamy told WBTW.

Conway is about 15 miles from Myrtle Beach

--------------------------------------------------
So sad ..

opme said:
http://kevxml2adsl.verizon.net/_1_I2TO109UL7OP__vzn.dsl/apnws/story.htm?kcfg=apart&sin=D8HM9E3O0&qcat=usnews&ran=21415&passqi=&feed=ap&top=1

CONWAY, S.C. -

One man has been arrested after the stabbing, which happened around 8 a.m. in the parking lot of Carolina Forest Middle School, said Bob Carr of the Horry County Police Department.

The girl was stabbed near a student drop-off location as students were arriving for school. The victim was transported to Conway Medical Center where she died, Horry County Deputy Coroner Dan Bellamy told WBTW.

Conway is about 15 miles from Myrtle Beach

--------------------------------------------------
So sad ..

My kids go to this school. My boys did not go to school today but the girl across the street from us saw this whole thing going on and the school went into lock down but would not let the kids call their parents!

It was a high school student (18 yrs old) that was killed by her abusive boyfriend who at 24 yrs. old obviously did not go to school but showed up in the parking lot first thing this morning.

Can you believe the school didn't even shut down early for the day?!

This was very scarey, you don't expect this sort of thing to happen at your childrens school!

OneLostGrl said:
My kids go to this school. My boys did not go to school today but the girl across the street from us saw this whole thing going on and the school went into lock down but would not let the kids call their parents!

It was a high school student (18 yrs old) that was killed by her abusive boyfriend who at 24 yrs. old obviously did not go to school but showed up in the parking lot first thing this morning.

Can you believe the school didn't even shut down early for the day?!

This was very scarey, you don't expect this sort of thing to happen at your childrens school!
I'm very sorry this happened and I'm sure it was scary. But what would have been gained by shutting down the school for the day?

Truly curious,

Hoppy

hoppyfrog said:
I'm very sorry this happened and I'm sure it was scary. But what would have been gained by shutting down the school for the day?

Truly curious,

Hoppy

It was first thing this morning when the buses arrive and many students witnessed the murder. The murderer fled the scene... These kids were scared the guy would come back and hurt them too! Think Columbine!

This happened at the middle school. 6th, 7th and 8th grade kids witness a murder-
Do you think these kids had their minds on school work? Certainly not!

OneLostGrl said:
It was first thing this morning when the buses arrive and many students witnessed the murder. The murderer fled the scene... These kids were scared the guy would come back and hurt them too! Think Columbine!

This happened at the middle school. 6th, 7th and 8th grade kids witness a murder-
Yes, I agree. Considering the horror these kids witnessed, counseling should have been the order of the day rather than schoolwork...

OneLostGrl said:

I find it firgtening that the scholl did not let the children call their parents.. at least to allow them to know that they were alright and to provide comfort to those children that witnessed the stabbing.

How were the parents notified that this had happened? Did the school contact the parents before the news teams started reporting on the school events..?

opme said:
OneLostGrl said:

I find it firgtening that the scholl did not let the children call their parents.. at least to allow them to know that they were alright and to provide comfort to those children that witnessed the stabbing.

How were the parents notified that this had happened? Did the school contact the parents before the news teams started reporting on the school events..?

My neighbor called me at around 12:00 to tell me they just saw it on CNN!
They then tried to call the school and couldn't get through so they just went and picked their daughter up. (Again, my boys didn't go to school yesterday)

On the local news last night a parent was saying her daughter called her from school and was crying and saying "I don't want to die"!

What seems to have happened was the kids with cell phones called their parents and the kids without them obviously couldn't.
When the bus came yesterday only 1 kid got off at my boys' bus stop... usually there are about 10 kids.

The guy not only stabbed this girl in front of all of these middle school students but he then RAN her over with his car!!

Does anyone know where more details on this might be available, like an identity of the victim? I have an old friend in the Conway area who has a daughter who would be about 18...

englishleigh said:
Does anyone know where more details on this might be available, like an identity of the victim? I have an old friend in the Conway area who has a daughter who would be about 18...
There was an article I saw with her name in it. First name was Natalia as I recall...

LinasK said:
There was an article I saw with her name in it. First name was Natalia as I recall...

Ok, that wouldn't be this girl whose mom I have known online. Thank you.
Prayers for Natalia and her family. Just awful. :(

OneLostGrl said:

I can see where the kids would be scared, though it seems to me that having the kids stay in school would be more secure than dispersing the kids into the streets and neighborhoods where they could be vulnerable, especially if parents were at work and not home.

I'm sure they didn't have their minds on schoolwork either! But at least if they stayed in school the teachers and administration can talk with them about what happened and help them thru it. They wouldn't get that kind of help if they were sent back to empty houses.

I can see where it would be a tough call for the administration/police dept to make.

Hoppy

Woman followed suspect after incident

It's not everyday a witness to a crime follows the suspect until they're caught by police, but Darlene Euler did just that after a deadly stabbing.

When Darlene Euler dropped off her granddaughter at school Thursday morning she had no idea what would happen next.

"A girl jumped out of the van and ran toward the school, tripped right here in the driveway," says Euler.

The girl was 18-year-old Natalia Holmes. Euler says she saw the suspect go after her.

"Jumped on top of her, he started what I thought was beating her with his fists but then I saw the blood there was a knife in his hand," adds Euler

More at link
http://www.scnow.com/midatlantic/scp/news.apx.-content-articles-BTW-2006-05-19-0007.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak
Back