CA - Paul Vados & Kenneth McDavid, killed in insurance scam, Los Angeles, 1999 & 2005

How cold and calculating and heartless! :furious:

Old Lace and Arsenic anyone?

LOS ANGELES (1010 WINS) -- Two women in their 70s were charged Monday with having homeless men killed in hit-and-run car crashes to collect more than $2 million in life insurance.

Olga Rutterschmidt, 73, and Helen Golay, 75, were each charged with two counts of murder and two counts of conspiracy to commit murder for financial gain.

The charges make the women eligible for the death penalty. Prosecutors will wait until the case moves closer to trial before deciding whether to seek executions, Deputy District Attorney Shellie Samuels said in a statement.

The women are accused of arranging hit-and-run killings in alleys using drivers whose identities are unknown. Paul Vados, 73, was killed in November 1999 and Kenneth McDavid, 51, was killed in June 2005.

The women were arrested in May and charged with federal mail fraud. They are awaiting an October trial on those charges.

The women befriended the transients, paid for them to stay in apartments and obtained their signatures before taking out three dozen life insurance policies on them, authorities say.

More: http://1010wins.com/pages/63138.php

Olga Rutterschmidt and Helen Golay have come a long way in their 20 years of friendship, authorities say. The pair allegedly has gone from filing dozens of small-time lawsuits to support themselves to engineering major crimes for a big payoff.

On Tuesday, opening statements are scheduled as the pair of 70-somethings stand trial on murder-for-profit charges.

Prosecutors allege Rutterschmidt, 75, and Golay, 77, conspired to insure two indigent men, kill them in faked hit-and-run accidents and fund their own old age with $2.3 million in proceeds from insurance policies.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,338990,00.html

chico, I know this isn't a laughing matter but I couldn't help but get a giggle from your post.

Me too. I am more than a little ashamed that I didn't initially take this anywhere near as seriously as I would if it were younger victims and younger perps..:bang:

I think that usually older citizens are thought of as more likely to be victims rather than perps and in this case its both. It's just horrible they teamed up and decided who would live/die so they could spend their golden years with money. There just is no limit to what people will do. Boggles the mind!

Wow, how awful! This is an unusual crime with the perps not only being women but older women, at that! May those men rest in peace.

These are senior citizens!?!! I am speechless..
They could have been saving that apartment rent they were using to pay for their victim's studio apartments.

How awful! What is the mindset of someone who could think something like this up and then have another person help them?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back