10-year Anniversary

justice2

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there are any TV stuff in the works for the anniversary?

justice2 said:
Does anyone know if there are any TV stuff in the works for the anniversary?

Not me...but that's a good thought. I have so many tv alerts from all my stations that if there is I should get notification....

To think both of the boys would be "typical" teenagers, going out with friends, movies, sports, riding a bike, living life, doing homework, just being teens, just breaks my heart.........that they never got a chance to grow up....to live their life, to the best of their potential, thinking about girls and college.

It has been 10 years and people are still talking about this crime.....wow

CyberLaw said:
To think both of the boys would be "typical" teenagers, going out with friends, movies, sports, riding a bike, living life, doing homework, just being teens, just breaks my heart.........that they never got a chance to grow up....to live their life, to the best of their potential, thinking about girls and college.

It has been 10 years and people are still talking about this crime.....wow
And what an anniversary it is............6-6-06!

michelle said:
Thats just too creepy :eek: .

Yes it is. Don't forget findagrave.com and place some virtual flowers for the boys on the anniversary of their deaths.

michelle said:
Thats just too creepy :eek: .
There are a lot of creepy coincidences in this case. We made a list one time. I forget what they all were but one is that Darin proposed to her in Purgatory, Colorado. The murders occurred on 6-6-96 which is so close to 666 it is creepy. Does anyone else remember what the others were?

cathieq said:
Dallas Morning News 6-3-06
In Routier case, time doesn't heal the wounds

http://tinyurl.com/lraz2http://tinyurl.com/lraz2
Thanks cathie. Good article. Oddly I was just over there looking at the obit for Perry Bass.

So mum's the word. Wow, I thought they would have taken advantage of the publicity, especially regarding evidence.

So sad about how it has affected the officers.

Poor Devon and Damon, never had a chance. My heart breaks for them....:(

cathieq said:

http://tinyurl.com/lraz2http://tinyurl.com/lraz2
Thanks for the link, that;s the first time I've heard police come right out and say her changes were an effort to match the evidence as test results came in. I came to the same conclusion long ago, Glad to know there are other statements of hers at the PD. Wonder if Damon's file is closed yet and public info,

I found myself wondering about the kids who played with the boys. They are all teens now. Wonder if they will ever speak out about what this did to them and maybe what they remember about Darlie. esp the Gorsuch boy since he was older, about 9 when it happened,

cathieq said:

http://tinyurl.com/lraz2

Oh thanks, I was just going to post it. I notice that they are not talking....the appellate attornies must have put the brakes on the interviews.

WOW!!! I see from Darlie's updated photo that there is no shortage of makeup and bleach on death row:

article:

Every so often, Brownie Sherrill will see a car creep down the street, its occupants' eyes fixed on a prominent two-story house at a bend on Eagle Drive.

By now, he's used to it. For a decade, he and his neighbors have put up with local people and others staring at the site of one of Rowlett's most brutal crimes.

About 2:30 a.m. June 6, 1996, Rowlett police received a 911 call from Darlie Routier saying someone had broken into her home and attacked her sons Damon, 5, and Devon, 6.

Police and paramedics arrived minutes later.

"There was so much blood," said Police Chief Matt Walling, then a sergeant and the second officer on the scene. "When I entered the front door, there was a stream of blood going back to the living room, and that was from where she had walked around the house bleeding. The two boys were in the living room, and there were large pools of blood accumulated around where they were."

Chief Walling said Ms. Routier stood in the living room while husband Darin, 28, tried to perform CPR on one of the boys. The chief and another officer made sure no intruder was around, then let paramedics in to treat the children and Ms. Routier, who had cut and stab wounds on her neck and upper body.

TV news crews arrived within hours, and the quiet neighborhood was soon overrun by reporters, investigators and onlookers. Police would soon conclude what some considered unthinkable: that the 26-year-old suburban mother had stabbed two of her three children to death and then turned the knife on herself.

To this day, Ms. Routier, her family and attorneys insist she is innocent.

Her arrest two weeks after the killings brought neighbors shock – and relief.

"At that time, we didn't know whether there was some kind of killer running around," Mr. Sherrill said.

Eight months later, a Kerr County jury sentenced Ms. Routier to death after convicting her of capital murder in Damon's slaying.

One of her appellate attorneys, Stephen Cooper, said last week that neither his client nor her family wanted to discuss an incident that was 10 years old.

Ms. Routier did not respond to an interview request sent to the Lew Sterrett Justice Center in Dallas, where she has been while several motions seeking to test physical evidence await rulings in state district court.

MORE AT (YOU MAY NEED TO REGISTER - OR GO TO WWW.BUGMENOT.COM

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcon...wlett/stories/060406dnmetroutier.7db9f4b.html

Mountaineer said:
I did not know Darrin was now a "Professional Photograher". :silenced:

I think that's one of the most interesting things I've read in quite some time. I've got some weird ideas going through my head. Too weird to share, that's for sure. :silenced: :doh:

Mountaineer said:
I did not know Darrin was now a "Professional Photograher". :silenced:
That caught my eye too while reading that story yesterday. Professional photographer of what, I wonder???????

indallas2 said:
That caught my eye too while reading that story yesterday. Professional photographer of what, I wonder???????

Isn't there a magazine called "JUGS"??? Maybe that's it. Hopefully, its not kids.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back