another comment from the chicks....

Jules said:
:doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

:silenced: :silenced: :silenced: :silenced: :silenced:
I know they never stop.......:doh:

Natalie Maines is one of those people born middle finger first.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/05/21/cover.story.tm/index.html

...the first single from the Dixie Chicks' new album, "Taking the Long Way" (out May 23), is called "Not Ready to Make Nice." It is, as one country radio programmer says, "a four-minute f--- you to the format and our listeners. I like the Chicks, and I won't play it."

Its like put your foot in the mouth once again!!! My DH has NEVER liked them, he said he couldnt put his finger on it but something about them didnt set right. I on the other hand used to listen to them all the time, I was a big fan....But now.....:snooty:

There are some people in this world who just need to shut up. And she is one of them. Apparently she thinks people actually care what her views are. I wish someone would set her straight...

nd I love the fact now she takes back her apolgy. :banghead:

JDB said:
nd I love the fact now she takes back her apolgy. :banghead:
No didnt she say she wont take it back?

michelle said:
No didnt she say she wont take it back?
Boy that was weird the First half of post went Hyper space.
That is what I was talking about how she know says she is taking back her apology
"NEW YORK - The Dixie Chicks' Natalie Maines apologized for disrespecting President Bush during a London concert in 2003. But now, she's taking it back. "I don't feel that way anymore," she told Time magazine for its issue hitting newsstands Monday"

ALso now I have a big choice for my CD player Reba and Toby or the CHICKS.
OK done thinking Toby and REBA it is. :dance:

JDB said:
ALso now I have a big choice for my CD player Reba and Toby or the CHICKS.
OK done thinking Toby and REBA it is. :dance:
Dont forget Tim McGraw :blushing: I had to add him....

coming soon is the new book!!! "HOW TO FLUSH A ENTERTAINMENT CAREER DOWN THE TOILET IN 3 EASY STEP'S" By Natalie Maines......she can't keep from the middle of trouble

Marty Maguire made that dumb comment about the Reba and Toby cds.

Sorry, Chicks, I've always loved your music, but no one compares to Reba in my book. She's the queen ! I'd rather have her cds over yours any day.

I wish the Chicks would just shut up and sing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ticamom said:
Marty Maguire made that dumb comment about the Reba and Toby cds.

Sorry, Chicks, I've always loved your music, but no one compares to Reba in my book. She's the queen ! I'd rather have her cds over yours any day.

I wish the Chicks would just shut up and sing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It does not matter to me which one made it. They are pima a Domnnas inMy book

"We don't want THOSE kinds of fans"....eeeewwww.

Bad, bad, bad, bad, bad.

I'm ashamed that the Dixie Chicks are from Texas!

Marthatex said:

Bad, bad, bad, bad, bad.

:slap: Yep...me too. They give Texans a bad name.

Marthatex said:

Bad, bad, bad, bad, bad.

That was a very stupid comment by her. (Not Marthatex but Martie Chick.) I have to ask, are they trying to totally kill their careers here? Methinks they don't like recording and making bunches of money anymore.

JMHO

Obviously the Chicks are mad at the fallout from the Bush comment in the UK and are now venting, lol. Just to play devil's advocate, does anyone think their comment about Bush would have been viewed as inflammatory if they had been guys? It isn't like rock singers haven't criticized him, although I don't know if it was ever done overseas by anyone else.

I don't care if they say something about GWB. It was referring to "THOSE kind" that get my goat. They should just be happy someone is willing to buy their music and not be trying to po the people that do.

JMHO

tennessee said:
I don't care if they say something about GWB. It was referring to "THOSE kind" that get my goat. They should just be happy someone is willing to buy their music and not be trying to po the people that do.

JMHO
I agree, they have only made things worse for themselves. They have griped in the past about their fellow country singers not defending them, and they were shut out of nominations for country music awards for awhile and such. SO they are clearly pretty ticked themselves, and, as the album title says, they aren't ready to make nice, lol. I hope they don't think when they ARE ready that people will embrace them readily, as that usually doesn't happen.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back