Political Correctness Run Amok?

Dark Knight

Reaction score
A Keller school district parent said political correctness has run amok at her daughter's elementary school, where the principal chose to omit the words "In God We Trust" from an oversize coin depicted on the yearbook cover.

http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/14628069.htm

They also chose not to use the Liberty Bell or the Statue of Liberty on the cover as those may have been offensive to some students, the article says! :doh: Unreal.

While I can faintly understand (though not agree) about using the words "In God We Trust," I am flabbergasted by the idea that it could be offensive to use the Liberty Bell and the Statue of Liberty. These are American symbols and this is America, isn't it? Well, isn't it? And if someone is somehow offended by that, well...don't let the swinging door hit you on the way out. What on earth is happening to us?

Why not just omit the image of the coin if they felt it was a problem? Just silly.

Cypros said:
Why not just omit the image of the coin if they felt it was a problem? Just silly.

exactly...that's what i thought also :waitasec: ....it's almost like asking for political correctness to "run amok"....silly is right...

Opie said:
While I can faintly understand (though not agree) about using the words "In God We Trust," I am flabbergasted by the idea that it could be offensive to use the Liberty Bell and the Statue of Liberty. These are American symbols and this is America, isn't it? Well, isn't it? And if someone is somehow offended by that, well...don't let the swinging door hit you on the way out. What on earth is happening to us?

Well said. I agree with you.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
soababiotiling
Back