Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Hi Roseyraindrops!
    Yes, our little Beth was a cuty and sweet as a rose in the morning light.
    Thanks for posting the link.
    Baraka Bashad,
    Moon

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to moon For This Useful Post:

This case slightly matches the criteria of Elizabeth's case in age, maybe this is her, you never know..

http://www.lifetimetv.com/shows/unso...al_monica.html

Monica Libao was supposedly born on May 15, 1964, to Pablo Libao, a 58-year-old retired military man, and his wife, 41-year-old Clide McCall Libao. Libao spent her childhood moving around roughly 25 times in her first 16 years. As she grew older, she became suspicious of her family's odd habits. In 1970, when she was six, it was revealed that Libao's parents had never filed a birth certificate for her and, officially, she didn't exist. They apparently filed a certificate only once it became clear that one was needed to enroll the girl in school. After Libao's parents died, she discovered that her birth certificate had been forged and her Social Security number was actually her father's. Combined with the strange things she overheard during her parent's fights, including "She needs to know the truth," and the revelation that her mother had had a hysterectomy well before Libao was born, she became convinced that she may have been kidnapped as a child. Now she spends her free time searching old newspaper reports of infant abductions and going through her parents' records, hoping that somewhere there will be an answer to the question, Who is Monica Libao?

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to poppypetals For This Useful Post:

Hi Poppypetals!
    Thanks for posting the information and the link.
    Monica is a lovely woman and we would be proud to call her our sister, but
    DNA tests have excluded the posibility of biological kinship.
    We hope that she finds her biological family and she will always be our highest thoughts and blessings.

All the best,
    Moon

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to moon For This Useful Post:

While I really hope for the best in this situation, I was wondering if Little Jane Doe could possibly be Elizabeth? http://doenetwork.org/cases/14ufaz.html
    I know there is a height and year difference, BUT since Little Jane is estimated to have died after 1966, it was possible that she could have been abducted earlier and just kept alive.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to phylliyum For This Useful Post:

phyllium...

Hi phyllium. We are checking into this.
    Thanks for the links!!!
    Moon

PS: "Someone, somewhere knows what happened to CRYSTAL TYMICH "
    I hope the Tymich family receive an answer.

Quote Originally Posted by phylliyum
    While I really hope for the best in this situation, I was wondering if Little Jane Doe could possibly be Elizabeth? http://doenetwork.org/cases/14ufaz.html
    I know there is a height and year difference, BUT since Little Jane is estimated to have died after 1966, it was possible that she could have been abducted earlier and just kept alive.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to moon For This Useful Post:

Missing Files

Dear Sleuths,
    Please know that this thread has helped to generate quite a bit of movement in the case of my missing sister, for which my family and I are extremely, grateful. My sisters and I are still pursuing all avenues of possibilities, in the search for our little sister, Elizabeth Ann Gill. We've listed her, on several web sites and follow up on every lead, or question presented. However, there is something rather odd that I'd like to share with you. Her case file at the Cape Girardeau Police Department is missing and evidently, has been for many years. We had inquired about it several times throughout the years and were told it was in storage and they didn't have time to locate it.. Even though this is the ONLY missing child /suspected kidnapping case, in the history of our city to remain unsolved, somehow the police department has misplaced the open case file. We realize it's not all that strange that a file this old, could be misplaced, damaged, or destroyed, BUT... Here's the kicker.....
    It now seems that the back-up file, on microfiche, is also missing! My sisters and I find it disturbing, disheartening and down-right appalling, that both the original and the back-up files would be allowed to just disappear! As far as we have been able to determine, the last time this file was seen, or used, was in the early 1970's.

Does anyone have any suggestions, or advice, as to where we should search, or what we should do about these missing files?
    Thanks for any help, or suggestions
    and all comments, are welcomed!

All the best,
    Moon and sisters
    Last edited by moon; 02-28-2007 at 06:59 PM.

12. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to moon For This Useful Post:

Oh no

sorry to hear about the file, Moon. What about the FBI? Maybe they have files since this was so close to IL they might have gotten involved. Also the local paper. maybe the reporter(s) are still around and may have notes.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WholeLottaRosie For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Medusa
    sorry to hear about the file, Moon. What about the FBI? Maybe they have files since this was so close to IL they might have gotten involved. Also the local paper. maybe the reporter(s) are still around and may have notes.
    Hi Medusa,
    Thanks for your concern. When Beth disappeared, the FBI were not allowed to investigate a missing person's case. There had to be a ransom note, or some kind of proof of a kidnapping. My father wrote to President Johnson, asking him to intercede, but received a reply from J. Edgar Hoover, saying "Sorry, but there is nothing we can do." Thank God, for those folks, who went to bat for the families of missing persons and got those laws, changed!

We have old, newspaper clippings and articles..... right now, my mom, probably has the best file, of anyone involved in the case.... but she doesn't have the kind of information, that would have been privledge, only to the police, with interviews and tips, etc...

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to moon For This Useful Post:

I'm sorry Moon, that's TERRIBLE. How can something like that happen? Shouldn't all of the files have been moved to a computer by now? I can't believe in this day and age that this could happen. It must be terribly frustrating for you and your family.
    Maybe the file is under another name? Or misplaced? I hope they are able to find it.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to phylliyum For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by moon
    Hi Medusa,
    Thanks for your concern. When Beth disappeared, the FBI were not allowed to investigate a missing person's case. There had to be a ransom note, or some kind of proof of a kidnapping. My father wrote to President Johnson, asking him to intercede, but received a reply from J. Edgar Hoover, saying "Sorry, but there is nothing we can do." Thank God, for those folks, who went to bat for the families of missing persons and got those laws, changed!

We have old, newspaper clippings and articles..... right now, my mom, probably has the best file, of anyone involved in the case.... but she doesn't have the kind of information, that would have been privledge, only to the police, with interviews and tips, etc...
    That's a shame, Moon. I would still try to contact the reporters, or heck even retired cops that might have been involved. I have a friend who is a local reporter (to me) and he keeps extensive files on stories he has done going back to when he first started 0- and he keeps them at his home in file proof cabinets. Especially back then, if the cops told a reporter to hold up printing something, he would probably have complied, but, may still remember or have notes. Might be worth a try.

One thing that caught my attention. The mention that two cars were seen that day - one with Alabama tags, the other I can't recall from where. Who saw these cars, and where in relation to your house/the motel - do you know?

And do you all have a list of rule outs for Bethy?

Ever since I heard of this case, it has touched a cord with me, I have family from the area and also, I just can't imagine what you all have gone through.

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to WholeLottaRosie For This Useful Post:

phylliyum

Quote Originally Posted by phylliyum
    I'm sorry Moon, that's TERRIBLE. How can something like that happen? Shouldn't all of the files have been moved to a computer by now? I can't believe in this day and age that this could happen. It must be terribly frustrating for you and your family.
    Maybe the file is under another name? Or misplaced? I hope they are able to find it.
    Our sleuthwork has so far, established that the original case file was last used, in the early 1970's. No Personal computers at that time, nor was there a common use of professional, or office computers. We don't have any way of knowing when the microfiche copies, were lost, stolen, destroyed, or misplaced.
    We know that the the file with the case number, where the microfiche should be stored, is marked...
    "File Missing."

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to moon For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by moon
    Dear Sleuths,
    Please know that this thread has helped to generate quite a bit of movement in the case of my missing sister, for which my family and I are extremely, grateful. My sisters and I are still pursuing all avenues of possibilities, in the search for our little sister, Elizabeth Ann Gill. We've listed her, on several web sites and follow up on every lead, or question presented. However, there is something rather odd that I'd like to share with you. Her case file at the Cape Girardeau Police Department is missing and evidently, has been for many years. We had inquired about it several times throughout the years and were told it was in storage and they didn't have time to locate it.. Even though this is the ONLY missing child /suspected kidnapping case, in the history of our city to remain unsolved, somehow the police department has misplaced the open case file. We realize it's not all that strange that a file this old, could be misplaced, damaged, or destroyed, BUT... Here's the kicker.....
    It now seems that the back-up file, on microfiche, is also missing! My sisters and I find it disturbing, disheartening and down-right appalling, that both the original and the back-up files would be allowed to just disappear! As far as we have been able to determine, the last time this file was seen, or used, was in the early 1970's.

Does anyone have any suggestions, or advice, as to where we should search, or what we should do about these missing files?
    Thanks for any help, or suggestions
    and all comments, are welcomed!

All the best,
    Moon and sisters
    Moon,
    This might not help or you may have already done it but it's worth mentioning. I found this in the History of the Cape Girardeau Police Department. It is possible that when they formed the Major Case Squad, Elizabeth's file went there. Maybe if you check each individual Department that was a part of the MCS you will find that one of them has a copy or the original file. I would be interested in seeing if there were any leads, POI, or anything that might help with Elizabeth in the files of those murdered too.

"Several employees of the Cape Girardeau Police Department serve on the Cape Girardeau/Bollinger County Major Case Squad in addition to their positions within the department.

http://www.cityofcapegirardeau.org/o...stigation.aspx

The Major Case Squad was initiated in the late 1970’s and early 1980’s when Cape Girardeau County was plagued with a series of unsolved murders, including the murders of Margie Call, Mildred Wallace, Debbie Martin, and the double-murder of Brenda Parsch and her mother, Mary Parsch.

The homicides remain unsolved to this day.

In response to the problem, law enforcement officials joined together in 1983 to form the Cape Girardeau County Major Case Squad. The Squad combines the best criminal investigators from all local law enforcement agencies into one organized unit. Understanding that most homicides must be solved within the first few hours or they may not be solved at all, the Major Case Squad allows local law enforcement agencies to pool investigative resources and manpower in an efficient and effective manner to provide the type of saturation investigation often essential in solving major crimes.

Since its inception, the Major Case Squad has solved a phenomenal 96.4% (27 of 28) of its cases.

The original agencies participating in the Major Case Squad were:

· Cape Girardeau Police Department

· Jackson Police Department

· Cape Girardeau County Sheriff’s Office

· Missouri Highway Patrol

Retired 08/03/03

24. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Shadow205 For This Useful Post:

Hi Medusa!

That's a shame, Moon. I would still try to contact the reporters, or heck even retired cops that might have been involved. I have a friend who is a local reporter (to me) and he keeps extensive files on stories he has done going back to when he first started 0- and he keeps them at his home in file proof cabinets. Especially back then, if the cops told a reporter to hold up printing something, he would probably have complied, but, may still remember or have notes. Might be worth a try.
    Yes. These avenues have been appropriately, pursued. The owner of the local newspaper is a business acquaintance and he and his staff have always been helpful and supportive. We thought the file had turned up, at the Sheriff's office, but it turned out to be, only copies of a couple newspaper articles. I even called an old acquaintance, who was the presiding judge, in a grand jury investigation, related to the case and he remembered seeing the file, but as far as we've been able to determine, that was the last time the file was seen. We thought the file might have been stored at the county courthouse, in Jackson Mo., where the proceedings were held, but we were told that the file would not have been kept there, it would have been returned to the Cape Girardeau Police Department.

One thing that caught my attention. The mention that two cars were seen that day - one with Alabama tags, the other I can't recall from where. Who saw these cars, and where in relation to your house/the motel - do you know?

There were actually, Three vehicles and all of those people were registered at the motel, around the corner. All the vehicles had stolen tags. Those people were known as gypsies, or travelers. They used phony names and phony identification. Back then, people did not use credit cards and the motels didn't require substantial proof of identification. The motel was just around the corner from our home and the back wall, was at the edge of our back yard. The vehicles were seen around the neighborhood. The police were never able to catch up with those people. They always seemed to stay one step ahead of the police.... not too difficult a feat, in my opinion! My folks had to do some of the investigative work, themselves. One of the vehicles, a Chevy Truck, was purchased from a dealer, in Michigan. My mom had to travel to Michigan to talk with the dealer. The couple who bought the truck, had also, purchased vehicles from him, in the past. After Beth disappeared, the couple never returned to that dealer...... not even for maintenance.... We (the family) have not given up the pursuit. An investigator is following up and running checks, on all the aliases. It's pretty easy to disappear, in this country even today, but it was especially easy, as early as the 60's.

And do you all have a list of rule outs for Bethy?
    I'm not sure what you mean. If you mean a list of leads that were followed, but ruled out.... well.... No. The leads we've had to go by, are so few, there has been no need for a list. Now there is probably, a list, in her case file... wherever the heck, that is!

Ever since I heard of this case, it has touched a cord with me, I have family from the area and also, I just can't imagine what you all have gone through.
    Thank you, Medusa.

All the best,
    Moon

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to moon For This Useful Post:

More information on the Major Case Squad:

Major Case Squad Members
    Creation of Squad to Present
    Major Case Squad Commanders

http://www.showme.net/~capegadm/pa/I...SESNEWLIST.htm
    Retired 08/03/03

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Shadow205 For This Useful Post:

Shadow 205

Wow, Shadow, I'm impressed with your display of information. Thanks for taking the time to gather and post it all.

I remember those murders, very well. It was a terrible time. I went to school with Brenda Parsh (a beautiful girl) and Margie Call was the mother of friends. A terrible, terrible time!

As I mentioned to Medusa, I spoke with the presiding judge of one of the grand juries and he remembered seeing the file. We've checked with the Sheriff's department and the County Courthouse, etc, but you've listed more options, for us to pursue. We really appreciate the information and your suggestions!
    Moon

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to moon For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast