Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: MO - Elizabeth Gill, 2, Cape Girardeau, 13 June 1965

Question How can Elizabeth's family be contacted?

If someone wants to contact the Gill family how can that be done?
    thanks

#789UMCO unidentified found The victim was discovered on September 8, 2004 in the Flat Tops, White River National Forest, Garfield County, Colorado
    Estimated Date of Death: No longer than 5 years prior to discovery he left a note to "LIB"
    PLEASE HELP me find out who this unidentified person is so he can be buried rightfully near his family...

I DO NOT TOLERATE HARASSMENT...

Question how can you be contacted MOON?

Quote Originally Posted by moon View Post
    Wow, Shadow, I'm impressed with your display of information. Thanks for taking the time to gather and post it all.

I remember those murders, very well. It was a terrible time. I went to school with Brenda Parsh (a beautiful girl) and Margie Call was the mother of friends. A terrible, terrible time!

As I mentioned to Medusa, I spoke with the presiding judge of one of the grand juries and he remembered seeing the file. We've checked with the Sheriff's department and the County Courthouse, etc, but you've listed more options, for us to pursue. We really appreciate the information and your suggestions!
    Moon

some MYspace pages may have a response to the Elizabeth case how can you be contacted?

#789UMCO unidentified found The victim was discovered on September 8, 2004 in the Flat Tops, White River National Forest, Garfield County, Colorado
    Estimated Date of Death: No longer than 5 years prior to discovery he left a note to "LIB"
    PLEASE HELP me find out who this unidentified person is so he can be buried rightfully near his family...

Quote Originally Posted by Gina_M View Post
    I just found and read this thread - Hi, moon, and everyone else. That couple that approached the home in Southern Illinois sounds suspicious - maybe they were looking for a girl to raise as their daughter, and when they failed in S. IL they came to MO and took Beth. This sounds eerily similar to the Anna Waters case, also here on Websleuths - a body of water nearby, a mysterious couple who had been seen in the area showing interest in a little girl - makes one wonder how common this is/was.

Moon, are there any updates on locating your sister's case file?
    Hi Gina!
    Thanks for your response.... sorry, I haven't been here, for a while.
    Yes, all the best leads we had, seem to indicate a kidnapping.
    No, no updates on the missing file, but if anything turns up, I'll be sure to post!
    Moon

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to moon For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by websurfer View Post

some MYspace pages may have a response to the Elizabeth case how can you be contacted?
    websurfer.... so sorry I haven't been here, lately....
    Things are moving, thanks to your suggestion.
    We'll see what happens and at the very least, the
    suggestion to post Bethy's information, is an excellent, idea!
    Moon

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to moon For This Useful Post:

Arrow MOON..thank you for keeping up on the WS posts

Moon , thanks for posting.
    The main thing is to keep the search going.
    To never forget.
    Only you and your family know how it is, that is what I wanted to say.
    And also to keep strong and remember that there are people who do care.
    Websurfer....

8. The Following User Says Thank You to websurfer For This Useful Post:

Moon, thanks so much for staying in touch. Are you going to make a MySpace site for Bethy? I've done a few MySpace sites for various cases and they are quite effective for getting the info out there! Now I'm getting into making videos for YouTube, showcasing various missing persons cases. I'd be happy to include Bethy in one of my videos.

Just knowing that you and your family are still looking for Bethy is very encouraging. I'm sure there are more missing persons cases out there from long ago that haven't been posted on the internet. I'm really glad that you took the steps necessary to get her listed on the various websites. I wonder if we could print up some general flyers about missing persons cold cases, and pass them out to people who aren't too familiar with the internet. There must be so many families out there who are disheartened, a relative went missing decades ago and maybe they don't realize just how many resources are on the internet for this.

Gina M

Dear Gina,
    Thank you so much, for your kind, offer. I'll speak with my sisters and get back to you. We want to use every resource available, though experience has taught us to balance our enthusiasm and determination, with discretion and discernment.

Did you put the video together, for Anna? It's a beautiful presentation; very, very well made.

Please know that I appreciate your thoughtfulness and will get back to you, as soon as my family and I have had a chance to discuss your offer.

With abundant gratitude
    and best wishes,
    Moon

11. The Following User Says Thank You to moon For This Useful Post:

Websurfer

Dear Websurfer,
    Thanks for your encouragement and for being one of the people who care! Your efforts are greatly, appreciated.

We will never give up the search.

All the best,
    Moon

13. The Following User Says Thank You to moon For This Useful Post:

Dear Gina,
    Thank you so much, for your kind, offer. I'll speak with my sisters and get back to you. We want to use every resource available, though experience has taught us to balance our enthusiasm and determination, with discretion and discernment.

Did you put the video together, for Anna? It's a beautiful presentation; very, very well made.

Please know that I appreciate your thoughtfulness and will get back to you, as soon as my family and I have had a chance to discuss your offer.

With abundant gratitude
    and best wishes,
    Moon
    Hi Moon,

Yes, I made both videos for Anna that you see in the YouTube link I have in my sig. Thank you for the compliment!

I've been planning on making a montage video with several missing children in it. Maybe something similar to this one:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BcQBi714og
    (I didn't make that one, it's just an example)

It would show the picture, name, and a few other pieces of info, similar to their listings on the major sites like NCMEC or the Doe Network. Except this would be several in one video so hopefully more people will see them. Just let me know if you would like Bethy in the video

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gina_M For This Useful Post:

I was going through and saw that Elizabeth has been listed on the major websites...Doe, Charley, NCMEC. Has anyone in the family submitted a DNA sample to be entered into CODIS?

Hi. I too am one of Elizabeth Gill's sisters. Yes two of the sisters and my mother have given DNA for the codis register. We were checking a match with another woman looking for her family. She turned out not to be related. We are still hopefule Beth is out there and if she starts looking for us we want to be where she can find us. I don't come on the websleuth site often, but check to see if anything is posted every now and then. We do have a cold case investigator helping us also. He's come up with several possibilities, but none that have checked out. I will keep everyone on the site informed if we get anything definite. Thanks for all the help, encouragement and energy that helps keep us going. Moo

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Moo For This Useful Post:

Hi Moo,

Nice to hear from another of Elizabeth's sisters. I'm also glad to hear that you have DNA entered in CODIS. Your hope and perseverance are very inspiring.

I'm in the middle of working on my missing persons video, and would love to include Bethy if it's okay. Here's what the basic format would be:

1st screen - Picture of Bethy, with caption "Elizabeth Gill"

2nd screen - text - "Elizabeth disappeared from Cape Girardeau, Missouri in June 1965 at the age of 2."

3rd screen - text - "She may have been taken by a couple staying at a motel bordering her family's property." [or whatever you want to say here - I usually try to add some sort of theory as to what happened]

4th screen - Age progressed picture, with caption "age progression to 44"

there are several other cases profiled in the video, following the same basic format.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gina_M For This Useful Post:

I just found this case, and I would like to add my impression. I live near the "Gypsy's", or "Irish Travellers" as they are called. They are a very interesting sect in our society. I know that having children is very important to them, and they seek help from various fertility services if any of them are infertile. I can easily see that kidnapping would have been an option for them many years ago. I actually hope that something like this IS what happened to Bethy. They seem to love their children very much. Their community is very closed to outsiders....whom they refer to as "country folk". I am not sure how feasible it would be to just walk in there and show the pictures from the NCMEC site and expect to get any answers. The IRS and other agencies have trouble getting information from their society because many of them share the same legal names, but they have nicknames that allow them to differentiate theirselves. The girls in their community typically drop out of school in middle school or junior high, and rarely, if ever, go to high school. Their society is changing, however, because there are several students, both male and female, in our local high schools who are from their community. From what I understand, many of the young people in their community are now plugged into society at least as far as MySpace, and the internet are involved. Therefore, I think it is a VERY good idea to create a MySpace page, as well as any other pages you can think of for Bethy. I would specifically make sure the possibility that "the gypsy's" or the "irish travellers" may have been in the area at the time of her disappearance, as this would be detected by a google search at a latter time. Maybe, just maybe, Bethy will begin to be suspicious and start looking herself. I am going to print the picture from NCMEC and try to memorize it, so when I am out and about, I can "look" for her. Never, never, give up hope. Bethy's entire family is in my deepest prayers.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Reannan For This Useful Post:

What about the man that has just confessed to killing those women in Cape Girardeau? It is on this same cold case thread. Did he only kill adult women or is it possible he liked children as well? Would rather that she be kidnapped by Gypsys.

I don't really believe this serial killer had anything to do with Beth's disappearance. I don't think he was in this area then (he's originally from the northeast), and he would only have been a teenager in 1965. We do know family members of one the victims and are thoughts and prayers are with them as well, knowing that they finally have closure. Cases being solved from the late 70's do give us hope that someday we too will have an answer or closure. The family will consider posting info on My Space. I really thought that that had been done some time ago. Thanks again to all who care. Elizabeth's sister, Moo
    Beth's link on NCMEC site:
    http://www.missingkids.com/missingki...archLang=en_US
    Last edited by Moo; 12-11-2007 at 12:48 AM. Reason: added link to NCMEC

25. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Moo For This Useful Post:

Hugs to you (((Moo)))! I truly feel your pain and would do ANYTHING to find your sister, or at least find an answer as to what happened. Publicity can only help at this point. If you EVER feel you are being scammed, let US know, and we will try and help with that also. It would be a sorry sack of crap that would scam a family who has suffered so much already, but this site tells you there are a lot of sick people out there. Even MORE powerful than the sicko's, is the fact that this site tells you there are a lot of GOOD people out there too. We REALLY do care.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Reannan For This Useful Post:

Thanks for checking in with us Moo. If you need any help setting up a MySpace account for Bethy, let me know. I have a lot of experience with MySpace profiles for missing persons. I agree with Reannan that publicity can only help at this point

ilovemew is offline Thank you God for granting me the deepest desire of my heart!
    Has there been any new developments in Bethy's case? I hope she has been found and that is why the thread stopped!

If not, Moon, you may want to contact the t.v. show Disappeared and The Missing. Below are the links to both.

http://investigation.discovery.com/t...bout-the-show/

http://www.usamissing.com/

Rejoice with them that do rejoice, and weep with them that weep -Romans 12:15

Posts are my opinion only. Please direct all complaints to the Borg DebraAngel

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ilovemew For This Useful Post:

Elizabeth Gill update

We seem to be getting a lot of interest in Beth's case lately. A friend started a group on Facebook called "Finding Beth Gill". We have over 1660 members on the group. I invite all websleuthers to go on Facebook and join. This group is not an ap and other than updates on our search, you will not be contacted. We do not have access to any other members' info so don't worry about that. We do have another lead the police are checking on. We have actually had 4 women contact us and do DNA comparisions with ours. We're planning a candlelight vigil on the 45th anniversary of Beth's disappearance near our old home place at the old entrance to the Mississippi River bridge. We are expecting a large turnout and would encourage all in the Cape Girardeau, MO area to attend. We're starting at 8:15 pm on Sunday June 13. Anyone needing more details can email me at: findingbeth@yahoo.com or "Finding Beth Gill" on Facebook. Thanks for your interest and caring. Please pray for answers.

32. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Moo For This Useful Post:

ilovemew is offline Thank you God for granting me the deepest desire of my heart!

bumping for Elizabeth and her family.

Marie is offline Daughter, if you don't remember us...who will?

Thumbs up

Great article by Kathryn Casey from Women in Crime Ink -

Where is Baby Beth?

"...a little girl named Beth “Betsy” Gill, who disappeared exactly 45 years ago this Sunday."

35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Marie For This Useful Post:

pic. of 2 year old Beth from article above.

37. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ilovemew For This Useful Post:

Oh,my thoughts and prayers are with Beth's family. I so hope this new publicity will get results. I have joined the FB and am sharing it with my FB. I hope the vigil goes well.

All kinds of hugs!

ROSIE

39. The Following User Says Thank You to WholeLottaRosie For This Useful Post:

Hi everyone! Thank you all, for your loving support. Please join us, in sprit tonight, when we honor Beth and all missing children, with a candlelight vigil.
    I Thought you might like to view this slideshow I put together, using an old song I wrote and recorded for Beth, many years ago.

Messenger Of Love
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gCLbefieXA[/ame]

41. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to moon For This Useful Post:

Hi everyone! Thank you all, for your loving support. Please join us, in sprit tonight, when we honor Beth and all missing children, with a candlelight vigil.
    I Thought you might like to view this slideshow I put together, using an old song I wrote and recorded for Beth, many years ago.

Messenger Of Love
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gCLbefieXA
    Beautiful, absolutely beautiful! You did such a wonderful job on the song and the video. Oh I pray you and your family can have answers one day. Thank you for sharing.

43. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ilovemew For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast