Trashed home filled with 70,000 beer cans (video)

Jean

Former Member
Reaction score
I just can't imagine living like this! The guy really had a drinking problem, but why didn't he throw the cans away?? "The cans were recycled for 800 dollars, an estimated 70,000 cans: 24 beers a day for 8 years."

70,000 Beer Cans Found in Ogden Townhouse

A seemingly unbelievable mess discovered last year in an Ogden townhouse has suddenly become an Internet legend.

It's all TRUE!

You know how some people, after they use something, just can't bear to throw it away. That might make sense if it's magazines or clothes. But what if it's empty beer cans? In astounding numbers?

When property manager Ryan Froerer got a call from a realtor last year to check on a townhouse, he knew something was up.

Ryan Froerer, Century 21: "Said it was the sickest thing he's ever seen. Just unimaginable that someone could live in that."

He couldn't even open the front door. It was blocked from inside.

The realtor had forewarned him about the smell. (More at link)

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=268346

Paladin said:
LOL, thanks for the laugh.
That's a lot of Cerveza
4.gif

I don't know if I am buying this story. I mean, where would the guy live? It looked to me as if it were a warehouse for beer cans.

nanandjim said:
I don't know if I am buying this story. I mean, where would the guy live? It looked to me as if it were a warehouse for beer cans.
Unfortunately it is real. This is another link that is essentially the same, but has a little bit more information at the end.

The townhouse was cleaned up last year and it's just fine today. The man who lived there seems to be back on his feet. We spoke to him today and he says he's completely stopped drinking. He was welcomed back to his old job a few months ago, and his co-workers speak highly of him.

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=148&sid=268346

70000 cans would yield alot more than 800 dollars...if you figure 5 cents per can x 70000 that is 3500. I wonder if they took some of the money out for cleaning costs? Or maybe some of the cans weren't in such good shape?

I bought a house 1 time for a very cheap price it took me 7 longwheel base heaping truck load's of wine & beer bottle's just them nothing else!!! to start to clean out the home!!! I left all window's and door's open for over a year before i went back into the home. never lived there but after 10 year's i made some money back out of it..I know somewhat what these people have went through....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phernandez22
Back