PA PA - William, 53, Estrella, 50, & John Fowler, 20, Philadelphia, 21 May 2006

dark_shadows

Former Member
Reaction score
Sunday, May 21, 2006
service_ap_36.gif

PHILADELPHIA — A couple and their quadriplegic son were fatally shot in their home early Sunday, police said.

Authorities had no immediate motive for the slayings.

The 20-year-old son was found dead in a hospital bed and the mother elsewhere in the row house, authorities said. The father was pronounced dead at Temple University Hospital.

Police were called to the house at about 1:30 a.m.

The son was struck by a car about four years ago, neighbors said. The family also has two other adult sons, they said.

news link

I really hope this wasn't a murder suicide. Being a daily caregiver can be beyond stressful. It changes people.

JMHO

More news:

http://www.philly.com/mld/philly/14637831.htm
"WILLIAM FOWLER SR. was shot in cold blood in his Port Richmond home early yesterday by a killer who also took the lives of his wife and quadriplegic son.

But his wounds didn't stop Fowler from mustering his remaining strength to dial 911, and, with his dying breath, provide police with a possible clue to the killer..."

The police are saying both adult sons have been ruled out as suspects. The wife of Robert was quoted in the philadelphia inquirer as well.

Two of the Fowlers' sons, William Jr. and Robert, have been questioned and are not considered suspects, Kuhlmeier said.

"I really have nothing to say at this point," William Fowler Jr. said last night. "This is a tragedy."

Robert Fowler could not be reached.

But his wife, Elizabeth Fowler, 24, said nothing was more important to the Fowlers than caring for John.

"They were just such a close family," she said. "They centered their life around him. They were sweet, helpless people."

She said John Fowler was amazingly good-spirited for his condition. He cracked jokes, blared rap music, and once dyed his hair to resemble Eminem's.

"It was so funny," she said. "He thought it looked cool."

William Fowler had recently stopped working as a security guard to spend more time watching over his family.

"He had his hands full caring for his wife and son, but the commitment was there to take care of them," Kuhlmeier said.

He also looked after the family dog, an old collie that has trouble walking. The dog was found by police shivering underneath John Fowler's hospital bed.

http://www.philly.com/mld/inquirer/14636672.htm

I feel bad for the dog... wonder who has the poor thing...

with the suspects, the dog could probably "point" LE in the right direction-might even try to attack a suspect since it sounds like the dog was there for the whole horrible crime. :(

Nancy Grace featuring this crime. All indications is that it is someone close. The trachea tube was removed.They believe the father was shot first and twice.This is pretty much an anger crime. All is sadly horrible. More angels to join the rest of the angels.

It seems like out of control anger to me. Or, put another way evil showing its ugly self again.

Channel 3 (CBS) news said the LE is investigating home care aids that took care of the son.

There have been no updates anywhere in my area, nor have the news been mentioning this at all for the last week or so.

This is such a heart breaking story. The son has an accident and is paralyzed and the mom and dad sleep at the bottom of his bed so that they are with him at all times. They were so devoted to their son. Mom wasn't well and had just found out that she had cancer...per Nancy Grace show. Someone said that the couple didn't have anything but that they had each other and that was all that was important to them.

I hope that this doesn't turn into a cold case. Whoever did this has to be caught and punished. There was no reason for this. They had nothing to steal. Just a loving family doing the best that they could being there for each other. Just a shame.

*bump* Any updates on this? I check the papers everyday and it seems noone cares anymore...

From May 2008:

http://articles.philly.com/2008-05-22/news/25262560_1_montco-murder-nursing-agency-murder-trial

When a 911 dispatcher asked a dying Port Richmond man who shot him, the victim was able to gasp, "my nurse," according to documents unsealed in Montgomery County yesterday. Those documents indicate William Fowler, 53, pointed investigators in the direction of Mark Patrick O'Donnell, who is facing an unrelated death-penalty murder trial in Montgomery County Court...

O'Donnell, 48, of Plymouth Township, worked as a private-duty nurse and had been assigned "on numerous occasions" up to Jan. 18, 2006, to Fowler's wife, Estella, 50, who was partially blind and had multiple sclerosis; and their son, John, 20, a quadriplegic, the affidavit said...

"I can't say he's not being identified as a possible suspect," said Egan. "But they certainly would have charged him if they had the opportunity."

O'Donnell was sentenced to LWOP for the 2007 rape and murder of his GF's 14-year-old daughter. Cannot find where he or anyone else was ever charged in the Fowlers' murders.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back