Alex's Lemonade Bound for Bottles

opme

Reaction score
WYNNEWOOD, Pa. (AP) - May 22, 2006 - Many parents have wished they could bottle the precious moments in their children's lives. Jay and Liz Scott may have done just that.

Nearly two years after the death of their 8-year-old daughter Alexandra, the Scotts are at the head of a fundraising movement that grew from a plastic table in their front yard to a childhood cancer foundation that began selling bottled lemonade in stores this week.

The idea of setting up lemonade stands to benefit pediatric cancer research was all Alex's, and the experience of carrying it on without her has been "bittersweet, just like the lemonade," Jay Scott said.

"We are constantly talking to other parents whose kids are either sick or have just died and we're constantly retelling Alex's story," he said. "In that way, we're reliving it." But watching Alex's Lemonade Stand Foundation take off, he said, has also been both rewarding and fun for the family.

More>..http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=local&id=4193488

Awesome. Alex is smiling and spreading her little wings in heaven. What a lovely legacy and what wonderful things it will do for pediatric cancer patients!

I'm so excited about this!! Its supposed to be at first in a few stores in big cities like NYC, but then nationwide!!! I can't wait until it hits my area!!!

Please check

www.alexslemonade.com for lots more on the Scott's story!

I have followed this family for a very long time...while Alex was still receiving treatment and after her death. This is a wonderful foundation, and incrediable family!

Very few people will make the differences in lives as Alex did in her life and physical death.

lynie

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back