1104 users online (227 members and 877 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    I was born 6 years after Anna 'vanished.' I am a mama to a 1 year old little girl and Anna was someone's little girl, that's what caught my attention. I dont post on ws much but I read on here whenever I can.My heart goes out to her family. I cant imagine how hard it must have been for them. I hope there will be an answer to all the questions and Anna will be found. I'll keep searching the internet for anything that could be related to Anna, so far I havent had any luck.

Quote Originally Posted by GraceBlue
    I'll keep searching the internet for anything that could be related to Anna, so far I havent had any luck.
    Thanks, GraceBlue, for your kind words and efforts. We each bring different talents to WS and yours may be the missing piece of the puzzle. Welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Doogie
    Concerning the San Mateo Sheriff's and this new roadblock that they have thrown up: Annasmom, I would call the detective back and get his input on this. He seemed to be sincere in wanting to get us this info. You are probably right in that they want you to go away - what you need to do is make it clear to them that the only way for them to make you go away is to give us what we want. I know that is not your nature, but I would recommend that you get in touch with your "inner-*****" and become a pain in their rear.
    I just got an e-mail from their office; they have released the file and are mailing it to me!

Hooray! Sometimes persistence pays off.
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

My name is Gayle and I'm a 40 something executive with a large HR consulting and outsourcing firm. I am married to a wonderful man and we have a 7 year old little girl that is the light of my life. I have also two great stepsons, 1 is married with a little girl and 1 is engaged. We live in Illinois on a small piece of property with my 4 horses and dog. I love photography, scrapbooking, nearly everything to do with animals. I have a sincere interest in missing persons cases and occasionally am able to help Project Jason. I study lots of processes and procedures related to missing person cases and have been studying cadaver dogs for the past year with ideas on improving use and promoting the use of our local group of search and rescue dogs. I've done some writing to help people understand the types of dogs used in cases and how they work. My internet search experience is zero but I would like to learn. I've followed Anna's case closely and am attempting to educate myself on numerological values and the Kabalarians. I pray for Anna and her family every day. I'm amazed by you guys everyday.

My name is Maria and I am 40ish. I now live in Huntington, W.V. with my husband (a software developer/programmer) of almost nine years and numerous cats. I am originally from Portsmouth, Oh and have lived in Atlanta, Tampa and Cincinnati. I attended the Galloway School and Oglethorpe University in Atlanta. I was a Merit System administrator for the State of Georgia for many years and held a similar position for a local area hospital. I moved back to the area to be closer to my family, especially my grandparents. My mother and I share caregiver duties for them.

I spend time reading about true crime and Anna's case really touched my heart. In her pictures, it is as if she is reaching out to you....There is something very special about her. Yes, she is lovely and adorable, but there is something else. Looking at her smile makes me smile.

I do not want to downplay the many other missing children we have listed on the boards, but some of us do have our "special cases" and for me, it is Anna.

In addition, I have a powerful feeling that Anna is definitely still alive. I don't have any reason as to why I feel that is the case....I just do.

mfmangel1 i know the feeling as well when your researching a misssing person and u get this feeling about what happend to them besides following annas case, janice pockett 7 1973 tolland connecticut brought me to websleuths when i look at her picture it haunts me i know shes is no longer with us a feeling ive had since the begning of my research. hopefully where ever she is she can be found.

'Lo all

I don't think I've posted anything regarding Anna yet, but I have been following everyone's efforts from the beginning. I'm a transplanted Texan and have been reading about true crime since I was very young. I plan to keep reading and contribute when I can. I think the work everyone has done and continues to do is amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Doogie
    I realize that there is a similar thread in the Cold Case section, but I thought that it would nice for us who have become involved in the search for Anna to let each other know who we are. Please post as much about yourself as you feel comfortable with.
    I am Annasmom's youngest brother, Dan. I was a college senior at the time of Anna's disappearance, living in married students' housing with my son and then wife about two thousand miles away (my son is three years younger than his cousin Anna). Because of the distance involved, the great amount of uncertainty surrounding the case and my reluctance to intrude on my sister's grief, there is a lot I am finding out here for the first time. I want to thank the members of this forum for the interest and involvement they've shown to the case and the comfort and love they've shown my sister.

Welcome Annasuncle. Glad you can be here with us! Jump right in if you have any questions or anything you would like to add.
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Welcome and glad to meet you Annasunc! The majority of us here believe Anna is alive and will be found. Please feel free to post any suggestions or theories you may think of.

I never thought Anna wandered to the creek or into the wilderness and always thought it was an abduction. In re-reading the "Searching for Anna" manuscript and these posts one thing that sticks out is that it was the silence that alerted Annasmom that something was wrong. I would think that would make the likelihood of a fatal traffic accident, or of any other incident causing a loud, unusual noise, to be low. I come up with three scenarios.

1) Anna went willingly with her abductor(s)

2) Anna was conscious but physically overpowered by her abductor(s) before she could raise an alarm.

3) Anna was unconscious at the time of her abduction. While I once would have considered the use of medical means (something inhalable or injectable) to accomplish this as something that would most likely occur in a novel or movie, the insight into GW's personality provided by Annasmom indicates to me that he was a person with the knowledge and means to accomplish that if he so desired, or to provide others with the means. The revelation about his attempts to contact the German Consulate and widow of Gen. Rommel shows a highly functioning professional with clinical detachment, and for that reason I found it extremely chilling to read.

FWIW.

Dr. Doogie, post #788, thread Anna Christian Waters (Missing 1/16/1973 from Half Moon Bay, CA)

Another interesting bit of info from the Box from Hell (BFH): Waters developed a fascination in 1969 with the suicide method of Nazi war criminals - in particular, the exact dosage of cyanide that Rommel and Georring used to off themselves. He even went so far as to write the German Consulate and the widow of Gen. Rommel for the info.
    Last edited by Annasunc; 06-19-2006 at 11:25 AM. Reason: clarification

Quote Originally Posted by Annasunc
    3) Anna was unconscious at the time of her abduction. While I once would have considered the use of medical means (something inhalable or injectable) to accomplish this as something that would most likely occur in a novel or movie, the insight into GW's personality provided by Annasmom indicates to me that he was a person with the knowledge and means to accomplish that if he so desired, or to provide others with the means. The revelation about his attempts to contact the German Consulate and widow of Gen. Rommel shows a highly functioning professional with clinical detachment, and for that reason I found it extremely chilling to read.

FWIW.
    That is a great point and one I had not considered. If a stranger were to find Anna near the road, they could possibly inject her with something or use chloroform to quickly induce unconciousness, and that could explain why she didn't raise an outcry and why there wasn't any sign of a struggle. As a doctor, GW did have ready acccess to the drugs.

Quote Originally Posted by SherlockJr
    Welcome and glad to meet you Annasunc! The majority of us here believe Anna is alive and will be found. Please feel free to post any suggestions or theories you may think of.
    Thanks. That's heartening, and considering the small amount we know for sure in the case, seems as likely a conclusion as any. If Anna is living in the U.S., she's probably findable because of the paper trail one inevitably leaves in the 21st century. I'm amazed at the amount of expertise forum members bring to the search and the effort you've expended. Words are inadequate to express our gratitude, appreciation and love for you all.

Quote Originally Posted by mysteriew
    That is a great point and one I had not considered. If a stranger were to find Anna near the road, they could possibly inject her with something or use chloroform to quickly induce unconciousness, and that could explain why she didn't raise an outcry and why there wasn't any sign of a struggle. As a doctor, GW did have ready acccess to the drugs.
    I was reluctant to post this speculation because it seemed something more likely to appear as a convenient plot twist in a Lifetime made-for-TV movie than in real life. I decided it might be a bigger mistake to underestimate the capabilities of a delusional paranoid-schizophrenic who had earned degrees at two different Ivy League universities.
    Last edited by Annasunc; 06-21-2006 at 07:03 AM. Reason: to correct typo

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast