NY - Amber Sadiq, 8, killed by empty school bus, Brooklyn, 22 May 2006

ljwf22

Reality continues to ruin my life.
Reaction score
Boy Held in Deadly School Bus Accident

NEW YORK - An 8-year-old boy was in custody after he sneaked onto a school bus and released its parking brake, causing it to roll forward and fatally strike a second-grader, police said Tuesday.

Officer Doris Garcia had said the boy was to be charged with criminally negligent homicide. But police later directed followup queries to the city's corporation counsel, which would handle the case if it goes to family court.

More at the link:http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060523/ap_on_re_us/bus_accident
:banghead:

The crime here is that an 8 YO is being charged.

If I left my 8 year old unsupervised do ya think DCF would be baning down my door?? I certainly think they would be and rightfully so.
The school does it and the 8 YO gets charged.

I hardly see where he would know what releasing the parking break could do. He pulled on it to see, it did nothing, he didn't do it on purpose. It's called an ACCIDENT.

...I wonder if the boy did touch the parking brake. Perhaps the driver just SAYS he put it on, and maybe he didn't.

Well, I'm sorry for the girl and her parents. They must be devastated.

I am sorry for the girl who lost her life as well as her parents. I can't even begin to imagine their pain... However, I do not think an 8 year old did this thinking he would hurt someone. The big crime here is that an 8 year old was left unsupervised on a bus.... Where was teh supervision and who is being punished for that????

I have an 8yo and there is no way he'd know what to expect if he released a parking brake - I doubt he even knows what one is, though he would know he shouldn't be messing with stuff on a bus. I agree with other posters that it's the school's fault because they didn't properly supervise this child - and if I were his parent I'd be mighty po'd about that.

I think someone in this sue -happy world is trying to protect their butt by placing blame on this innocent child.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie
Back