'Sleep more and stay slim'

Floh

Former Member
Reaction score
Well, I don't know about that, I am the worlds worst sleeper and have always been underweight if anything :waitasec:

Floh said:
A study found that women who slept too little - five or fewer hours per night - are at risk of major weight gain. Light sleepers weighed more on average than those who slept for seven hours.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=387437&in_page_id=1770

i absolutely do not stay in bed longer than 5 hours a night. at last i have the answer to my appalling weight gain.

nothing to do with stuffing my face!
I saw a little thing about this on TV a couple weeks ago. They had this big guy who snored a lot and also had sleep apnea.It kept him up a good part of the night or he just didn't sleep soundly. Once they got his snoring under control with this big contraption, he was "sleeping" his weight away.
It was really interesting and kind of counterintuitive. seems you'd burn more calories staying awake and moving around doesn't it? But as I recall, it's more about getting your body to run more efficiently and sleep is a major factor there.

Floh said:
A study found that women who slept too little - five or fewer hours per night - are at risk of major weight gain. Light sleepers weighed more on average than those who slept for seven hours.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=387437&in_page_id=1770

i absolutely do not stay in bed longer than 5 hours a night. at last i have the answer to my appalling weight gain.

nothing to do with stuffing my face!

I've been telling my husband this for years! Finally, 'science' to back me up!
:rolleyes:

Well i think i should go straight to bed now and get a good 16 hours in to give my new regime a booster start! :D

Jeana (DP) said:
Well I guess if you're asleep you generally can't eat, so I guess this makes sense. :rolleyes:
Unless you're an Ambien sleep-eater. :)

LOL If this were true I would be a tooth pick!

Drn. there goes another nite of slimming down as i'll be up early in the morning and am late to bed again.

what to do, what to do ......... :loser:

Jeana (DP) said:
Well I guess if you're asleep you generally can't eat, so I guess this makes sense. :rolleyes:
According to the study, that is not the case.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Prior studies have shown that after just a few days of sleep restriction, the hormones that control appetite cause people to become hungrier, so we thought that women who slept less might eat more," he said.

"But in fact they ate less. That suggests that appetite and diet are not accounting for the weight gain in women who sleep less."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is very strange isn't it?

:confused:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123