GUILTY MO - Michelle Ricci, 36, & Marsha Spicer, 41, raped & murdered, Apr-May 2006

dark_shadows

Former Member
Reaction score
Davis, 41, and Riley, 39, are each charged with first-degree murder, first-degree assault, kidnapping, forcible rape and two counts of forcible sodomy.

Davis is on parole after spending nearly 18 years in prison for a rape and sodomy conviction in 1987.

news link

Click image to enlarge

KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Police searched Tuesday for a suburban couple accused of beating, raping and strangling a woman — and of videotaping the deadly assault.

Authorities say the tape recovered from the apartment of Richard Davis and Dena Riley in Independence, Mo., shows the couple with Marsha Spicer in the violent final moments of her life.

Spicer's naked body was found May 15 in a shallow grave. Davis and Riley were interviewed by police last week — before the tape was obtained Friday through a search warrant — but have since fled.

"Their whereabouts are totally unknown," said Independence police Capt. Ken Jarnagin.

Police say the video found on a TV stand in the couple's bedroom shows the 41-year-old Spicer with duct tape over her eyes and her hands secured behind her back. She is beaten, raped and sodomized as she pleads for the attack to stop.

Detectives noted that the couple had a camcorder aimed at their bed when officers interviewed them. Both denied knowing Spicer.

Police believe the couple lured the victim to their home for a sexual encounter.

This sounds like a extremely dangerous man. There is a friend of Spicer's that is missing. I wonder if she is another of their victims.

http://www.thekansascitychannel.com/news/9250364/detail.html?rss=kc1&psp=news

"Meanwhile, the mother of another missing local woman is following the Spicer case closely -- she said her daughter was friends with the victim.

Michelle Richy has been missing since April."

Scary knowing that these two are out there on the run.

JMHO

This story was reported on my local news. They said there was another woman in trouble for helping hide these two and they believed it possible they may be in the local Cape Girardeau county area! I'll certainly be keeping my eyes open.

Old Broad

There are some sick sick people in this world. The stories on her just get worse and worse everyday.

Old Broad said:
This story was reported on my local news. They said there was another woman in trouble for helping hide these two and they believed it possible they may be in the local Cape Girardeau county area! I'll certainly be keeping my eyes open.

Old Broad

PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- A Perry County woman charged with lying about the whereabouts of two accused Kansas City-area killers did so because she "did not want them to be caught in her room."

Susan J. Summers, 45, of Perryville was charged Monday with two counts of felony hindering prosecution for not telling police Richard D. Davis, 41, and Dena D. Riley, 39, were inside her apartment.

http://www.semissourian.com/story/1153816.html

Very sad that b/c this woman lied to the police, these two murderers are still out there.

christine2448 said:
These crazies need to be located!

Do you think they may be responsible for Michelle Richy's disappearance? From this link:
http://www.nbc4.tv/news/9265471/detail.html

Meanwhile, the mother of another missing Kansas City-area woman is following the Spicer case closely -- she said her daughter was friends with the victim.

Michelle Richy has been missing since April.

"Marsha Spicer was at my daughter's house on March 30," said Sherry Ballew, Richy's mother. "It's rough. It's a nightmare."

Ballew said she doesn't want to draw any conclusions about whether her daughter is connected to the Spicer homicide.

"I'm not going to say, because I don't know. I hope not. I just want to find my daughter -- I want to find her safe," Ballew said.

Ballew said she struggles to stay hopeful.

"I want to be, but each day that goes by I lose hope," Ballew told KMBC-TV in Kansas City, Mo.

news link to the Kansas City Star

Police think that the couple made contact with others as well. According to court documents, a woman named Sherry Brisbin, a close friend of Riley’s, said Riley had called her May 17 and asked her to pick up the two at their apartment because police had been there to question them about Spicer. Police did not arrest them then, but returned two days later, last Friday, with a search warrant. The couple was gone.

Brisbin told police that when she picked up Riley and Davis, “Riley began to cry and Davis looked defeated, head and shoulders slumped,” according to court papers.

The couple then borrowed Brisbin’s truck, the documents say. Brisbin told police that later the couple sent a text message to her phone, saying that the truck would be left in a park in Avondale, a town of about 500 in Clay County near the Missouri River.

Davis was paroled from a prison in Bonne Terre, Mo., a year ago today after serving more than 17 years on rape and sodomy convictions. Armed with a knife, he sexually assaulted a woman behind his mother’s house in Lafayette County. He pleaded guilty in September 1987 and received a 25-year sentence.

Davis first entered a Missouri prison in February 1984 when he served just over two years for convictions on burglary, stealing and receiving stolen property.

SewingDeb said:
Do you think they may be responsible for Michelle Richy's disappearance? From this link:
http://www.nbc4.tv/news/9265471/detail.html
Yes, they found a picture of her in their apt...if I understand the article right. It's in the original article posted that, I quote from http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/news/local/14651733.htm?source=rss&channel=kansascity_local

Shirly Ballew is the mom of Michelle Ricci:

On Tuesday, police would not identify the woman in an image that they released Sunday. But Ballew said in an interview that police told her they had found a picture of Ricci in Davis’ apartment.

Police said the tape depicts Davis and Riley sexually assaulting and beating Spicer, whose hands are duct-taped behind her back and whose eyes are covered with duct tape. The alleged killers are seen beating and strangling her in the videotape, police said in court documents released Monday.

Ballew said the image that police were using to identify her daughter haunts her.

“It looks like she is saying, ‘Don’t hurt me,’ ” Ballew said in an interview Tuesday. “She looks stressed.”

Ballew said she also is concerned because she is “100 percent sure” she had seen Spicer at Ricci’s home on March 30. Ballew also said Davis looked familiar to her.

I hope this poor mother gets answers. It's not looking good for her daughter is she knew this couple.

According to the AMW website they were spotted at a motel in Columbia IL (St Louis area) Monday. Amazingly, a check of the St. Louis media shows nothing. I called one of the stations (KSDK) and they said they knew about it, were working on it but that "they were seen in Perryville and not this area". Uh, first Perryville is kind of in the viewing area and 2) they didn't know about the Columbia IL siting which really is and are now going to "follow up on that". Kind of scary cause local residents could have encountered them today and not known.

This was covered on NG last night......hopefully someone was watching that saw them? I can not imagine what Michelle's mom is going through right now.

Good job Medusa trying to get the media involved where they were spotted.

I was thinking yesterday maybe I should start emailing all the national news, but Fox already is covering the story, and apparantly AMW......so I imagine anyone that is going to cover it knows of this already?

Ya'll think we should be doing email campaign, or do you think the story is already out there?

I want to help, but not sure what to do!

Anyone know about the mom of missing Michelle Ricci? Is she getting support from any organization? I wonder if we can help her get hooked up with support if needed?

Suggestions?

Medusa said:
According to the AMW website they were spotted at a motel in Columbia IL (St Louis area) Monday. Amazingly, a check of the St. Louis media shows nothing. I called one of the stations (KSDK) and they said they knew about it, were working on it but that "they were seen in Perryville and not this area". Uh, first Perryville is kind of in the viewing area and 2) they didn't know about the Columbia IL siting which really is and are now going to "follow up on that". Kind of scary cause local residents could have encountered them today and not known.
I saw that too......
I'm ready if they come closer to my area.....
Think if I did see them, i'd have a heart attack.....:doh:

I located a link with information, including a picture of Michelle Ricci Huff:

http://www.kctv.com/global/story.asp?s=4866989

exerpt from the article:

A relative of Ricci reported on 5-3-06 that they hadn't had contact with her since April 2, 2006.

The relative told authorities that the house on Ewing Avenue where Michelle Ricci had been living had burned down on April 6.

It doesn't sound good for this woman.
Her missing person flyer can be found here : http://someoneismissing.com/

Shadow205 said:
I located a link with information, including a picture of Michelle Ricci Huff:

http://www.kctv.com/global/story.asp?s=4866989

exerpt from the article:

A relative of Ricci reported on 5-3-06 that they hadn't had contact with her since April 2, 2006.

The relative told authorities that the house on Ewing Avenue where Michelle Ricci had been living had burned down on April 6.

It doesn't sound good for this woman.
Her missing person flyer can be found here : http://someoneismissing.com/
The house burning down, very strange indeed.

There are two photos of Michelle that are posted on the newspaper link that I posted.(Post # 9 of this thread)
One photo with her hair up and on photo with her hair down.

Medusa said:

On Thursday, reports surfaced that the pair may have been seen at a Columbia, Ill., Shell station on Monday, but Independence, Mo., police have told FOX News that the pair seen in the video is not Davis and Riley.

There was also a report that the couple may have also been seen at a motel in adjacent Waterloo, Ill.

"At this point they only have each other and I don't think they'll separate," said Tim McCorkle, the police chief of Bates City, Mo., where investigators focused a search Thursday for more clues and possibly bodies.

"It's conceivable they're outside the Midwest," added Michael Sanders, the prosecuting attorney in Jackson County, Mo.

news link

A breaking Fox News report stated that the couple was caught.

tab_breakingnews.gif

Cops Nab Missouri Couple Wanted in Videotaped Rape, Murder

BATES CITY, Mo. — Police have taken a Missouri couple wanted in a grisly videotaped rape and murder into custody, officials confirm to FOX News.
Richard Davis, 41, and Dena Riley, 39, called the highway patrol and turned themselves earlier today because they were reportedly tired of being on the lam from charges that the FBI's "most wanted couple in America" sexually assaulted, beat and strangled 41-year-old Marsha Spicer and buried her in a shallow grave in a rural area in Bates City, Mo.

Police found a videotape of the activities leading up to Spicer's death, and her actual murder, in the couple's apartment. The couple had been on the run since May 19, when police discovered the tape.

"We’ve had some pretty heinous crimes around here, but nothing of this particular nature," FBI Special Agent Jeff Lanza told FOX News.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123
Back