1394 users online (270 members and 1124 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

CA - Devon Calloway, 6 weeks, Los Angeles, May 2006

Woman suspected in baby's kidnapping

"...Los Angeles police detectives, along with law enforcement officers in North Texas, are searching for 6-week-old infant Devon Calloway, who was snatched from his mother on Monday in Los Angeles..."

http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/14656320.htm

tennessee is offline Blew out my flipflop. Stepped on a pop top . . .
    How could anyone even consider selling such a cute little baby?!?! He is so sweet. I hope that they are taking care of him, wherever they are. Hopefully LE will find him soon.

JMHO

Quote Originally Posted by tennessee
    How could anyone even consider selling such a cute little baby?!?! He is so sweet. I hope that they are taking care of him, wherever they are. Hopefully LE will find him soon.

JMHO
    The girl is 17 and she has a 2 yo. also. She lives in very very poor area and in poor conditions. $6000 is a LOT of money to someone like that. not that it is justified, but just to give you background.
    The latest little twist is that after investigating the mom's home, CPS has taken away her 2 yo. The house is apparently filthy and unfit to live in. They are really downplaying it because they do not want to interefere with hopefully gettnig Devon returned. But the mother may also be facing criminal charges at this point.What a horrible story.

Missing L.A. Baby Recovered in Dallas

A 6-week-old boy snatched by two women who had offered to buy the child from his teenage mother was found Wednesday in Dallas, authorities said.

http://tinyurl.com/lfnha

Thank goodness!

I am so glad he was recovered. He really is a cute baby.
    Opinions are like belly buttons. Everyone's got one. This one is mine.

This really is good news.
    I see it is still unclear if they will return the baby to mom, at least right away.

Thank goodness. I was beginning to suspect that the mother might have made this story up. Sounded so far fetched.

It is even sad to hear that any one would "consider" selling their baby but as a previous poster said, certain conditions that some young, single mothers live in today can drive any one to "consider" $6000 for their child.

I have been a poor, single mom wondering if I would be able to feed us but never once would I have considered selling my child. I would have sold myself first.
    Opinions are like belly buttons. Everyone's got one. This one is mine.

Quote Originally Posted by tennessee
    I have been a poor, single mom wondering if I would be able to feed us but never once would I have considered selling my child. I would have sold myself first.
    Of course tennessee.
    I don't think she is a very good mother and she may lose them to CPS in the final analysis. So maybe she was thinking of giving her child a chance with someone that could provide.
    I am just thinking it through is all.

It should be considered that she thought if these people could afford 6000$
    IN her limited mind that maybe they could offer a better home?

Some people are truly ignorant without the normal reasoning capacity that most have.
    I am not justifying what this girl did.

The one link did say
    "Calloway, a single mother with another toddler, said she was tempted, but ultimately changed her mind. She said she took a ride home from the women, and they returned to her home Monday to repeat the offer.
    Calloway said the women were seated in a Ford Explorer when she told them she did not want to sell her son. The passenger in the Explorer then asked to hold the child one more time. When Calloway handed her the baby, the women drove off, dragging the young mother as she held onto the side of the vehicle, police said"

SO regardless if she agreed or really did change her mind when no money was given she went to the police.
    Clearly a confused young girl.

On our news tonight

They say that there were at least 2 other mothers that were approached by the same 2 women that snatched Devon. They are asking any other mothers that were approached to come forward in order to strengthen the case against these women. They believe that they did not want the baby for themselves, but sell them for big bucks to those that cannot obtain them otherwise.

Also, a judge will decide if Dominique Calloway will retain custody of her 2 children.

Quote Originally Posted by blueclouds
    Thank goodness. I was beginning to suspect that the mother might have made this story up. Sounded so far fetched.
    This story is way out there as far as credibility goes. I dont think we have heard the whole story on this one. My hinky meter is going off....

but the bottom line, Thank Goodness the boy has been found safe. Thats the most important thing. For some odd reason this story reminded me of the Jahi Turner case, although there are very few similiarities

Quote Originally Posted by Rag Doll 02
    This story is way out there as far as credibility goes. I dont think we have heard the whole story on this one. My hinky meter is going off....

but the bottom line, Thank Goodness the boy has been found safe. Thats the most important thing. For some odd reason this story reminded me of the Jahi Turner case, although there are very few similiarities
    HI Rag
    Did you see any of the interviews with the mom? She just didn't seem so very distraught to me.Not in the original "return my baby" plea or any subsequent TV appearances. I think she is a very young girl that is struggling with life in general. Maybe this child is over the top for her and she wishes she had adopted it out.
    I just watched her interview again and I think maybe she is "off" a little bit. She spoke like a young girl, even younger than 17.
    News confirmed that she will not be getting either of children back anytime soon. Both will be in protective custody and the courts will decide if and when she gets them back.

I just saw on the bottom of FOX news that 2 women were arrested near Dallas in connection with this kidnapping.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast