1053 users online (209 members and 844 guests)  

Websleuths News

Thumbs up Lemonade may prevent kidney stones

WEDNESDAY, May 24 (HealthDay News) -- Drinking lemonade could help prevent painful kidney stones, new research shows.

Regular consumption of the refreshing drink -- or even lemon juice mixed with water -- may increase the production of urinary citrate, a chemical in the urine that prevents the formation of crystals that may build up into kidney stones.

So conclude two studies presented Tuesday at the American Urological Association annual meeting in Atlanta.

Rest of the article: http://news.yahoo.com/s/hsn/20060524/hl_hsn/lemonadeofferssweetrelieffromkidneystones&printer= 1

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight
    WEDNESDAY, May 24 (HealthDay News) -- Drinking lemonade could help prevent painful kidney stones, new research shows.

Regular consumption of the refreshing drink -- or even lemon juice mixed with water -- may increase the production of urinary citrate, a chemical in the urine that prevents the formation of crystals that may build up into kidney stones.

So conclude two studies presented Tuesday at the American Urological Association annual meeting in Atlanta.

Rest of the article: http://news.yahoo.com/s/hsn/20060524/hl_hsn/lemonadeofferssweetrelieffromkidneystones&printer= 1

This is cool. I drink hot lemon water all the time. I didn't know I was being so good to myself.
    Thanks DK

In that case EVERYONE can benefit from this...

www.alexslemonade.com

Check it out!! Heartbreaking yet awesome story...

Lynie
    Last edited by lynie; 05-24-2006 at 06:34 PM. Reason: spelling!

Since I pass around three a year, I am going to start drinking lemonade. Or when I get one, I could just have DP come with painkillers and some whiskey! LOL

Thanks DK, I'm off to the store to get my lemonade.
    "If at first you don't succeed, skydiving isn't for you!"

The above post is my opinion and my opinion only. Please do not copy and past to other forums.