928 users online (172 members and 756 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

IN - Wayne Co., WhtFem Skeletal 491UFIN, 18-22, in woods, opal ring, Dec'82

Unidentified White Female
    The victim was discovered on December 26, 1982 in Wayne County, Indiana
    Estimated Date of Death: 8 months prior to discovery
    Skeletal Remains

Vital Statistics

Approximate Height and Weight: 5'5" + or - 2"
    Dentals: Available. Stainless steel or chrome crown upper left molar.
    Clothing: Dark blue nylon 3/4 length insulated jacket. Long sleeve front buttoned polyester blouse with scalloped design collar, size 12. Gray maternity slacks, size 8. Clog type shoes with wooden soles, approximate size 8. Gold metal ring with oval opal (white) and two small diamonds, on right hand.
    Fingerprints: Not available

Case History
    The victim was located in west/central Wayne County, by deer hunters in a remote woods, approximately two miles north of I-70 and approximately 15 miles west of the Indiana/Ohio line.

Investigators
    If you have any information about this case please contact:
    Indiana State Police
    F/Sgt. Ed Davis
    765-825-2115
    You may remain anonymous when submitting information.

Agency Case Number: 41-10291
    NCIC Number: U-196105136
    Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:
    Indiana State Police
    The Doe Network, Case File 491UFIN

Link:
    http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/491ufin.html
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 05-12-2013 at 05:41 PM. Reason: updated doe network link

Bumping...

This young woman was murdered some time around April 1982. Any thoughts on who she might be? After six months, and 99 views, no other posts have been made, so I thought I would bump it up.

maternity slacks but no baby?

Hmmm Maternity slacks were worn and yet no mention of any remains of a baby.
    Maybe that suggests a motive for her death. Although no mention was made of it being murder, no mention of bullet to head or other obvious murder indicators and no mention of the remains having been buried, the fact that she had on maternity slacks makes me wonder if she thought she was pregnant or had at least told a man she was pregnant, perhaps to induce him to marry her, and maybe he was married or just wanted to avoid child support so he decided she had to die.

The maternity pants could also indicate that she had been pregnant but already delivered the baby weeks or even a couple of months prior to her death. It takes some women much longer to shed the pregnancy weight and belly. The maternity pants are comfortable for them to wear.
    Retired 08/03/03

Also possible

Maternity slacks...also possible maybe she recently gave birth and was still wearing the maternity slacks till she regained her shape?

These records are confusing.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/491ufin.html
    https://identifyus.org/cases/4842

She was found 26th December 1982 but in Wayne County, Indiana (DN)/or Adams County (Namus)? Both agree that her upper incisors protrude 10 mm but DN says that she had a stainless steel or chrome crown on upper left molar. Namus doesn't have that information but they say she had 24 CHIPPED LINGUAL. The clothes descriptions aren't quite the same either, Namus mentiones panties and socks that DN doesn't and DN mentions jewelry that Namus doesn't .
    Namus:
    BLUE NYLON JACKET, BLUE LS BUTTON BLOUSE W/POCKET WHITE BRA, GRAY SLACKS W/STRETCH PANEL - POSSIBLY MATERNITY, PINK PANTIES W/BLUE BUTTERFLY W/GOT CHA ON FRONT, BLUE OR GRAY LONG KNIT SOCKS
    WOODEN HI HEEL SHOES W/LEATHER STRAP AND BUCKLES

DN:
    Dark blue nylon 3/4 length insulated jacket. Long sleeve front buttoned polyester blouse with scalloped design collar, size 12. Gray maternity slacks, size 8. Clog type shoes with wooden soles, approximate size 8. Gold metal ring with oval opal (white) and two small diamonds, on right hand.

This unknown girl was murdered thirty years ago this month. Her case remains unsolved.

I wonder if Evelyn Davis was ever compared to the UID?

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/183dfoh.html

Quote Originally Posted by traacker13 View Post
    I wonder if Evelyn Davis was ever compared to the UID?

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/183dfoh.html
    Interesting that the UID was wearing "Maternity Slacks". Evelyn was pregnant at the time of her disappearance. But the clothing doesn't match what she was last seen in.

The resemblance is pretty good. Other details - height, age, and timeline are all a little outside the margins.

Quote Originally Posted by CarlK90245 View Post
    Interesting that the UID was wearing "Maternity Slacks". Evelyn was pregnant at the time of her disappearance. But the clothing doesn't match what she was last seen in.

The resemblance is pretty good. Other details - height, age, and timeline are all a little outside the margins.
    Yep, I noticed that too...

I feel like I looked at Evelyn Davis for this a while back, but never called it in. I can't remember what if anything made me discount her.

I'm also wondering about Terri Earhart. She was last heard from when she called her mom in May 1981, so a little out of the time estimate, but not terribly so. Terri was 5'5" and 23. She told her mom she'd be bringing a present for Mother's Day for her mom, and also for her daughter. I wonder how old her daughter was? Or how long it had been since her mother had seen Terri. Her last call was from a motel in Champagne, IL. direct route via I-74 to area where this Doe was found, albeit 3 hours away. There is no photo for Terri Bea Earhart. And just because the motel she called from was in Champagne, I don't know what area she was originally from. I'd really like to be able to find a photo of her. Maybe if someone can find her in a school or church directory or something on Ancestry we can get a photo then too? IDK. Not that we have a photo to compare it to, anyway, so IDK, but I don't see how she's going to be ID'd without one. Maybe I will try to call the detectives tomorrow and see where she was from originally and how old her child was.

Quote Originally Posted by Irish_Eyes View Post
    I feel like I looked at Evelyn Davis for this a while back, but never called it in. I can't remember what if anything made me discount her.

I'm also wondering about Terri Earhart. She was last heard from when she called her mom in May 1981, so a little out of the time estimate, but not terribly so. Terri was 5'5" and 23. She told her mom she'd be bringing a present for Mother's Day for her mom, and also for her daughter. I wonder how old her daughter was? Or how long it had been since her mother had seen Terri. Her last call was from a motel in Champagne, IL. direct route via I-74 to area where this Doe was found, albeit 3 hours away. There is no photo for Terri Bea Earhart. And just because the motel she called from was in Champagne, I don't know what area she was originally from. I'd really like to be able to find a photo of her. Maybe if someone can find her in a school or church directory or something on Ancestry we can get a photo then too? IDK. Not that we have a photo to compare it to, anyway, so IDK, but I don't see how she's going to be ID'd without one. Maybe I will try to call the detectives tomorrow and see where she was from originally and how old her child was.
    It would be nice to see a picture of Terri. I tried to find one but came up with nothing. I think if we both came up with Evelyn that we should at least see if she was ruled out. I wonder if there is an email that I can send to them...the links are so frustrating sometimes...the only thing on this one says for contact information is: Indiana State Police

Yeah she is worth a look. We can ask if they have ruled them out
    Don't know about the IN staties but the ones I have dealt with in OH and PA could not have been nicer.

kpdx is offline Jane Doe was discovered Aug. 14, 1977 outside of Everett WA
    'Nothing clears up a case so much as stating it to another person.'

Sherlock Holmes

I see that nobody has posted on this case in a long time but what about ...

http://charleyproject.org/cases/b/brownlee_kellie.html

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast